Should I get a PS3?

Posted by Near

So I am seriously thinking about getting a PS3 because I've always had faith in Sony. However I kind of wanted to hear from people who own one, what your Pros and Cons for it would be. I want to be able to justify spending $500.00 on a system.

Also, do you see the PS3 having a strong game library in the near future?

NOTE - I currently do not own a 360 or Wii, so the fact that most games are on both the 360 and PS3 is not a problem for me. I got rid of my 360 for good reasons.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait a bit longer, and take advantage of the fact last-generation games cost next-to-nothing now.

Posted by Near

Quoting The X: Wait a bit longer, and take advantage of the fact last-generation games cost next-to-nothing now.

I had actually given this some thought, since there are several PS2 games I do not own, but have played and know for a fact that they need to be added to my personal library.

Posted by The Hate

I wanted to get a ps3 ever since I heard about it. Lately Ive been at my friend's house playing live on his 360. Its really fun. I dont know all of a sudden I want a 360. If you want to get a ps3, id wait. The prices will drop and there will be more games out. It wont be where you beat a game and you wait for another good one to come out(Thats what my friend does)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Strong library in the near future? Negative. Further down the road maybe, but not now nor soon. If I were in your shoes I'd go with a 360 first and a PS3 later, since apparently it's going to be around for a long while. Right now there's just nothing that justifies the price.

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Strong library in the near future? Negative. Further down the road maybe, but not now nor soon. If I were in your shoes I'd go with a 360 first and a PS3 later, since apparently it's going to be around for a long while. Right now there's just nothing that justifies the price.

Truth.

Honestly Nec, I'd just go with the last gen. If you're deadset on getting current-gen, snag a Wii or 360. PS3 is just not worth it right now, or in the perceivable future. Sony really lost it after PS2, if you ask me. They've still got a chance left but they're looking to follow the road of SEGA if they don't shape up here pretty soon.

Posted by The Hate

32x for the ps3 **** yea!

Posted by Near

Well, I guess the people have spoken. Sounds like if I got a PS3 now, I would just be kicking myself in the *** later. Besides, plenty of games that are good for that PS2 that I havn't played yet.

Posted by The Hate

Xbox live is what gets alot of people. Cause its way better than Ps live.

Not way better. PSN is not only free but has dedicated servers. Plus, it's open.

Posted by Near

Thats why I used a Box for so long, but then I just got bored with it. I got tired of playing online for some reason. Halo 2 ruined my life.

Posted by The Hate

Halo 2 and CoD online.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Definitely wait. Once the price drops and better games come out I'll be getting one. But I predict that won't happen anytime soon.

Why'd you get rid of your 360?

Posted by Xeones

i would wait at least until after christmas...logic would tell me that they will likely drop the prices a few months thereafter to keep sales up after the holiday season. Plus it gives you about another half a year for new games to come out.

I really wanted a PS3 a year or so before it was released, but i love my 360 so much that i never did go buy one.

Posted by Near

Quoting Angelwing: Why'd you get rid of your 360?

Well at the time I really needed the money, plus I was not playing it at all. So, yeah, thats my excuse for gettin rid of it.

Posted by itsmorethenafrag

yeah 360's games are not great but if you want to get a PS3 id say get now they have a great libary coming up.

Why would you get it now for games that aren't even out yet? Drr, you wait for the good games to come THEN buy it. You'll likely save some good money.

Posted by TimeSkipz

There should be a price drop in November. I don't own but I have used a PS3 many times. I love the interface and the online store. They actually have a free game...well sort of, where you can interact with other playstation users via personal avatar. From this "game" called Home you can start online matches and games. You can customize your room with furnature and change the way your avatar looks with clothing and accessories. It's currently in development but I don't know when it will be released

Posted by Degeneration

Home makes its debut in Q2 2008, meaning April at the earliest. The PS3 might be worth it by then, since MGS4 and a few other potential hits will have been out for a little while.

Posted by CrystalPain

Is there a version of a hdAdvance for the ps3?

Posted by TimeSkipz

The PS3 is down to $399, seems now would be a good time to get it.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

yeah but aren't they just trying to get rid of the 40gb. ones as soon as you buy that your going to want bigger and better thats just how the mind works. i think you should not have got rid of your 360 in the first place, good news is it was an older one.

my advice would be to buy an Elite.

thats what i am doing in a week. using my Xbox 360 Pro and old copy of gears of war to take off 200$ from the price tag.

now i wont have to send this Pro in ever again just got it back and it was a replacement unit so its working wonderful i am lucky that happened now i am getting an elite 200 bucks cheaper, although i always hate spending that much money on what ever it is.

Quoted post: yeah but aren't they just trying to get rid of the 40gb. ones as soon as you buy that your going to want bigger and better thats just how the mind works.

No. 40s are the new SKU. You're thinking of 20s. Plus, 40 gigs really is more than enough.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Ahh ok i see. and yeah 40gb should be more then enough but i will sure feel good sitting down to 120.

Posted by TimeSkipz

This new 40 GB can't play ps2 games but as someone said before that changing the disk speed ruins your PS3.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Thats a shame that something like that could ruin a next gen console.

I am never going to like the PS3 thats just me, there are a ton of people that still are really behind them and saying they can turn things around this generation sadly i have to agree if any company could do it, it would be sony they have experience being on top.