Never Get To Read

Posted by Near

So ever since the college year started back, I have not had a chance to read very much. I mean, with all the classes, work for those classes, and work for money, when am I supposed to read? ****, back when, we used to be encouraged to read, and now we get slammed with so much work and responsibilites, theres no time for it.

Now I don't want anyone to think I am complaining about having to work and go to school, but just a little time out of the day to do a little reading would be nice.

Anyone else have this problem? I know I can't be alone on this one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You could have spent the time making this post reading instead.

Posted by Near

Quoting The X: You could have spent the time making this post reading instead.

Close. I am actually at work right now that has me in front of the computer all day answering the phone. So I can't really read, but its easy to make it here and make a post or two.

Posted by The Hate

Dont get fired. :eek:

Posted by Near

Quoting The Hate: Dont get fired. :eek:

Hahahaha, my last day is tomorrow. Let them fire me :-)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You'll always have at least ten minutes of free time. If you can't find enough time in your day to read a quick chapter then you're not trying hard enough.

Posted by Near

This is true, but I am not a fan of just reading for a quick 10 minutes. Thats probably my problem. I am looking for at least a hour or so to sit down and read some.

Either way, as in my previous post, tomorrow is my last day at my job, so I will certainly have time to read then.

Posted by The Hate

Why are you leaving?

Posted by Near

Senior year in college + Working for the Computer Science Department = a lot of work by itself.

So basically, I don't need two jobs, and there is no reason to stress myself out and have limited free time.

Posted by The Hate

Good choice. You should go out looking cool. Throw some **** on the ground or something lol.

Posted by Near

Yeah, I think I might be able to swing that....but something tells me when I get in tomorrow, I am gonna have sticky notes all over my ****....so I am gonna have to do a pre-emptive strike on these bastards.

Posted by The Hate

Piss in the water cooler.

Posted by Near

Might work.

Posted by The Hate

Dont spill the water lol.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, if you're that busy and looking for a solid hour of reading at a time, it's not going to happen often. Take fifteen minutes before bedtime and do your reading then. That's usually what I do.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, if you're that busy and looking for a solid hour of reading at a time, it's not going to happen often. Take fifteen minutes before bedtime and do your reading then. That's usually what I do.

yeah i do that too, except 15 minutes turns into 2 and a half hours for me, then i end up going to work and controlling planes tired as ****. no bueno.

i was going to say that since you already sit in front a computer at work you could get an e-book, but since you are quitting i doesn't really matter now. plus, trying to enjoy a book at work wouldnt really work in my mind, it's not a really comfort inspiring setting if you ask me.

Posted by The Hate

Read while you're looking for a job. :)

Posted by Near

Well now that today is my last day, I should have time to read....or lets hope so at least.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

don't sweat it, dude. acknowledging that you have a desire to read makes you better than a large percentage of Americans

Posted by Klarth

Acting on that desire makes you British.

Posted by The Hate

Read as much as you can now.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting netman: Acting on that desire makes you British.

acting on that desire through trashy paparazzi tabloids makes you British

Posted by Klarth

PRINCESS DIANA?????

Posted by Shade

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: acting on that desire through trashy paparazzi tabloids makes you British

I had no idea brits were so like Americans.

AND HEY MAN, PRINCESS DIANA WAS LIKE THE FIANCE OF THE GUY WHO MAY HAVE BEEN 3RD IN LINE TO BE KING, ALRIGHT. SHE WAS IMPORTANT.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

obviously you've never been to the UK. it's much worse

Posted by Klarth

Cultural divide is about equal to that of the US - Not, however, taking into account all of your backwater isolated hick communities and polygamist Mormon sects.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't think the latter even exist. At all. Seriously.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/15/america/NA-GEN-US-Polygamist-Leader.php

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6999470.stm

I have found one example of a woman who puts reptiles in her bra. Obviously, there are a great many people who do this in England, because I found this one case and linked it.

Posted by Klarth

SHUT UP YOUR BALLS ARE SMALL I HATE YOU