EA Tiburon has Fun!

Posted by Big Boss

Here!

[quote]http://kotaku.com/gaming/hijinx/ea-tiburon-employees-are-so-crazy-299532.php

The Orlando Sentinel has a story on the proud pranking tradition at EA Tiburon, detailing such capers as disassembling and reassembling a golf cart inside of a manager's office, filling a conference room with thousands of dollars worth of plastic balls, suitable for diving, and my personal favorite, brining in a contractor to plaster over a boss's door with drywall so it looks like it never existed.

Your thoughts?

Posted by Fate

[quote]They hate us because we have fun and they don't and their bosses would never put up with the kind of crap we do," Taylor said. "They are all grownups. They are weak. We are cool. They're not.

This made me wtf. It sounds cool for this stuff to happen.

Obligatory post: All the time spent playing pranks could be spent making BETTER GAMES. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

EA INNOVATES ONCE AGAIN!

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, but EA Tirburon WISH that they had EA QA UK's free fruit.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Obligatory post: All the time spent playing pranks could be spent making BETTER GAMES. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

BEAT ME TO IT

though the drywall one made me laugh.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Speedfreak: free fruit.

I KNOW WHERE I WANT TO WORK NOW!

Posted by Big Boss

Unfortunately, it's not as cool as it sounds. That was all done exclusively by upper management, and they were doing this in the middle of crunch time. The head of the studio took a vacation in the middle of Madden, Tiger, NCAA and Nascar all in Alpha and Beta. They planned the pranks for weeks, and in front of an increasingly angry studio that was pulling off 15-hour days working their fingers off to get the games done. People started quitting, because ****, that's about as unprofessional and irresponsible as you can get in a studio, so they finally cut the crap.

It really sucks to hear that, as I know a few people that work there and have been to the studio quite a few times to playtest during my time in school.

Posted by Fate

Explains the games. :cookie:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

In a way, that makes it even funnier.