Anyone play Airsoft or Paintball?

Posted by Moogs

Just wondering if anyone here plays Airsoft or Paintball...

Posted by Xeones

Yes i play paintball, and i have played airsoft before...not as fun.

Posted by Fred333

I love to play paintball... Especially in the real environments like the woods or old towns.

Posted by Xeones

there is a pretty cool paintball course on base. It has a speedball cours, CTF course, and an embassy course.

Posted by Lemuria

I --use-- to play Paintball way back in the day with my old neighbor -- I enjoyed it a lot. Always thought it was funny when guys would come dressed in camo... "Dude...this is an arena match.."

Posted by Dexter

I've played both, but I do more paintball. I'm actually part of a team and we have major competitions about 3 times a year that consist of over 100 players and lasts for about 3 nights. Great opportunity for some role-playing. I always dress up in some sort of theme.

Posted by mis0

I've played both, and I enjoy airsoft more. I have several guns and combat gear. It's more fun to go do it than play FPS games all the time.

Posted by The Hate

Quoting Dexter: Great opportunity for some role-playing. I always dress up in some sort of theme.

Please share.

Posted by Moogs

I use to play paintball. Now, I'm getting into airsoft.

Posted by Xero

I used to play a lot of paintball with some friends. But now we all got tired of it. It was fun. I was thinking of trying to get them back into it, but I really think they're too busy these days :(

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Last time I went paintballing I ended up shooting leaves off trees as well as just firing in random directions off hills trying to hit people's roofs below; it was the stupidest thing I've ever done (this being about 3 years back).

I had an airsoft pistol, but being made of plastic, it broke within 5 seconds of me opening it.

Posted by mis0

The cheap airsoft guns suck. It's all about a decent Tokyo Mauri or Classic Army automatic.

Posted by Axis

I haven't really gone paintballing before, I've only played it in the woods or some open field. Airsoft, however, I've played on tons of occasions.

Posted by cool gamer dad

The last time I played was about two years ago. Consistently, I played for a little over a year. There was one point where I was playing every weekend for months; any one that's been playing for more than a few months or used to will know how expensive that can be. Basically, you're looking at around $45 for paint every time you play (if you're very conservative with your paint), and then you're looking at an entry fee if you don't have connections. :[

On to the guns! I started with a Spyder that had the LED trigger setup. This worked out just fine! And anyone just getting into it, don't feel ashamed of buying one. After about a half a year, my dad started playing less, and I'd take his Intimidator with me instead of the Spyder. It was pretty heavy, but it was one of the most consistent (in terms of ball speed) and accurate guns out.

But shortly afterward, I stopped playing because I was spending all of my money on it. Yeah, so I would play, I just can't afford it!

I never spent my own money on airsoft, but it was fun. Of course, I was playing with a pistol. Oh, and there was a church that was under construction behind our houses.... Evening matches of airsoft in a mega huge plywood sanctuary? Yeah girl.

Posted by mis0

Quoting cats: The last time I played was about two years ago. Consistently, I played for a little over a year. There was one point where I was playing every weekend for months; any one that's been playing for more than a few months or used to will know how expensive that can be. Basically, you're looking at around $45 for paint every time you play (if you're very conservative with your paint), and then you're looking at an entry fee if you don't have connections. :[
This is the only pro to living near the middle of nowhere. There are no entry fees to random mesa areas. But yeah, paint is hideously expensive, especially for the trigger happy.

[quote]On to the guns! I started with a Spyder that had the LED trigger setup. This worked out just fine! And anyone just getting into it, don't feel ashamed of buying one. After about a half a year, my dad started playing less, and I'd take his Intimidator with me instead of the Spyder. It was pretty heavy, but it was one of the most consistent (in terms of ball speed) and accurate guns out.
Yeah, the Spyder. A good weapon to start out with for sure, even if everyone else has one. I think all of my friends had Spyders, with the exception of my best friend who had a Pirhanna of some sort. I had a Tippmann 98.

[quote]I never spent my own money on airsoft, but it was fun. Of course, I was playing with a pistol. Oh, and there was a church that was under construction behind our houses.... Evening matches of airsoft in a mega huge plywood sanctuary? Yeah girl.

If you think it's fun with a pistol, you'd love an auto rifle. The full size AEG's are so much fun and the ammo is comparitvely cheap, though good guns cost more. I've currently got a TM FAMAS and it shoots nice and hard, at something like 800 rounds a minute.

Posted by Xeones

man i really want to go paintballing again...i havent used my gun in over a year, what a shame.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The guys at work go airsofting every month. I'm very tempted.

Last time my friend went he dove into some grass and lay there to avoid being spotted, and some crazy bug thing crawled inside his goggles and took a chunk out of his cheek.

It sounds like a right laugh.

Posted by D.J Cat

I am going to go Paintballing for the first time with some of my new mates at work in a few weeks time.
In the heat of the day, after recovering from nightshift...it will be a challenge but it will also be much fun.
Can't wait.

Posted by KoH

I used to go paintballing a lot when I was still living with parents. Since then I've lost time/money so I can't really do it as much. Although when I move in the next few weeks I'll be a few miles away from an arena so I might as well. Plus I'm gonna save money by moving, so yay. :)