Your Hate -- List Why

Posted by Lemuria

It's pretty interesting how music now-a-days has a huge impact on attitudes and dressin' ourselves. I know everyone must hate how a certain person dresses and acts -- what is it?

Yeah -- it's stereotyping but it's everywhere. I'm going to have to go with the easy one...that...emo style...espcially I have no idea how it go so big because most artists I hear are just sad and not musically inclined at all. I hate it.

Posted by Xeones

I wont be suprised if i catch som flak for this one, but im really not a huge fan of the stereotypical country admirer. Perhaps i've lived in the south too long, but it seems most people here are perfectly comfortable mediocrity. They are proud of thier shortcommings and adore a generally illiterate boderline welfare lifestyle.

Posted by Fate

Mostly the emo-hard-x-core styles. Never been a big fan of metalheads, either. I keep thinking that I'll never get along with them even though most of the time I get along with everyone. :(

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I'm a "metal-head" I guess, but you'd probably never know it without "talking shop" with me. I dress plain as hell, with little sense or care for fashion.Some people try way too hard to look and act a certain part. With me i'm just quiet, fairly polite guy. Most would probably find me more boring than anything.

Posted by Xeones

thats pretty much the boat i'm in. I only listen to rock, but i dont dress the part. I am who i am. Not rude...dont go around smashing stuff for no good reason...although it is tempting.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Fate: Mostly the emo-hard-x-core styles. Never been a big fan of metalheads, either. I keep thinking that I'll never get along with them even though most of the time I get along with everyone. :(

Well, this is where it gets complicated and pretty much stating -- This is why stereotyping sucks. Everyone judges...you do it and you probably don't realize. How can you really say you can't get along with 'metalheads' when it's just his or her musical interest? Same thing goes with the emo guys I guess (just looks...'gay') to me. Girls seem to like it though...must bring out their inner lesbian.

Posted by Klarth

People who build their lifestyle around what kind of media they enjoy. That's my number one annoyance, whether people like emo, metal, rap, absolutely anything.

I'll wear a band shirt one day out of three, and I'm open to the idea of growing my hair crazy long sometime, but I don't spend my days in black and exclusively don clothing representative of the artist of the moment. I like wearing fancy shirts. :)

Posted by Near

I really can't say any particular style annoys me. I mean, people have their preferences and thats fine by me. Sure its really funny to see some skinny white guy dressed in the whole baggy rap style clothing, but I am certainly not going to hold it against them. Like the emo style, not my thing, but once again I am not going to be annoyed by someone who dresses and acts that way. Now it doesn't mean I am going to be their friend either, it is all about the person really, not the way they dress. I would have to certainly get to know someone before I go passing judgment. However there are those few individuals who annoy me the moment they open their mouth.

As far as dressing the part for your genre of music....well, I am the kind of person who will through on a pair of pants and a plain gray or white shirt one day, and then the next I will have on my polo or button up, just cause thats how I dress. My clothing style really doesn't fit my genre of music if you ask me, but I guess thats just how it goes sometimes.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I keep thinking that I'll never get along with them even though most of the time I get along with everyone.

Everyone gets along with me and I'm basically a metal-head :)

Anywho, no particular style derived from music annoys me. I can't really think of a single one I hate. Maybe stuff with lots of zippers that don't lead to pockets... that's kinda dumb.

Posted by Fate

I mean people that look like metalheads. I fear my heart-shaped earrings will fend them off. :(

Posted by Lemuria

Fat3 hat3s me. :p:

Quoted post: I mean people that look like metalheads. I fear my heart-shaped earrings will fend them off.

You're saying I don't look like some form of metalhead? That's a first...

Posted by Fate

Quoting Lemuria: Fat3 hat3s me. :p:

Or you hate me.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're saying I don't look like some form of metalhead? That's a first...

Oh, no, you definitely look like one. Your types are usually really far away from me.

Texas? Yeah, that would do it. Though Shin-Ra's pretty close...

Posted by Klarth

And he doesn't look very metal at all!

Posted by Kit

I dislike MCs and their excessive need to have loud dance music playing everywhere they walk. Have they not heard of headphones?

Posted by Shade

i listen to 50 cent that makes me GANGSTA

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Shade: i listen to 50 cent that makes me GANGSTA

If you get shot you'll be even more "GANGSTA"!

Posted by Shade

I've got shot 69 times in the heart AND LIVE.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

YOU BULLET-PROOF LYKE FITTY CENT DAWG

Posted by Crazy K

lol I didn't read thread.

Anyways I can't stand when someone dresses all emo because they listen to emo music.

Good thing those are all styles of clothing too, otherwise I would've assumed you didn't even read the thread!

lol

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Grave Wisdom: YOU BULLET-PROOF LYKE FITTY CENT DAWG

That may be so, but i bet he isnt sickle cell proof.

Posted by Lemuria

(Probably might want to watch that just because --I-- get a ...R. vibe from that.)

That is all! Wathin' out for ya.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Most of all, I hate people who wear band t-shirts other than for use of pajamas. Ugh. It makes me want to puke, how many ACDC and Green Day t-shirts I see daily, like everyone doesn't already know who they are. Or people who try to copy their favorite singers' "look". :)

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: Most of all, I hate people who wear band t-shirts other than for use of pajamas. Ugh. It makes me want to puke, how many ACDC and Green Day t-shirts I see daily, like everyone doesn't already know who they are. Or people who try to copy their favorite singers' "look". :)

I think I puked on your post to be honest. Band shirts are probably the most harmless -- tells the world what you like (sure..some people may do it just because they want to feel cool potenially)...but Hell -- I'm wearin' my **** Evergrey album shirt "The Inner Circle" and **** proud fool.

Yeah, band shirts are rarely worn to promote the band...

Posted by Shade

**** right. You better be wearin' that God Walking Earth logo with PRIDE.

ninja

Posted by S

I don't sleep with a shirt on. And I like my band shirts. ;/

I don't wear typical ones though. I have three: Puscifer, and two Nine Inch Nails shirts.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Shade: **** right. You better be wearin' that God Walking Earth logo with PRIDE.

ninja

Wrong shirt...:o

Posted by Fate

I dig my Lola Ray sweater. :cool:

Posted by Hyper

My wardrobe is basically blue jeans and black band shirts. If I had an abundance of other types of shirts I'm sure I'd wear them but I don't really care enough to go buy anything else. I can't say I hate any type of fashion related to music. I don't like it when guys wear mascara though. That's just stupid. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

I dislike the ways people dress within music circles. I usually wear a nice shirt, a pair of nice jeans, a Mjolnir, and a nice pair of boots. I end up looking more like a skin than a metalhead, honestly. If I wear a shirt it's something along the lines of a Satanic Warmaster, Agalloch, DsO, Watain, or Death shirt. I still manage to avoid looking "the part" though, which I'm grateful for.

Anyway, scenecore and nigger rap are my least favorite ways of dress because the people look and act like such incredible tools, and usually are. Plus, scene kids feel the need to express their opinion on music, which is terribly annoying since they can't tell the difference from catchy pop and more extreme forms of music that are more artistic than catchy, singer up front bitch-fests.

Posted by S

[color=black]Why Mj

Posted by Shin-Ra

I wear it purely as a symbol of my ancestry and the way it was used as a protest against the christian cross. I think of it as a symbol of me rejecting popular christian values and the rise of one homogeneous culture. It has nothing to do with any silly Asatru or Odinist beliefs.

Quoting Fate: Oh, no, you definitely look like one. Your types are usually really far away from me.

Hi, I was born in Austin, Texas and lived in Buda until I was 14, which is about 10 miles south of Austin. I'll be back in Austin in about two years, but I visit often. Long story short, if I ever see you on the streets, I'll give you a hug or do something gay to ruin your preconcieved notions about metalheads.

On the subject of metal fans, I really hate them for the most part. I only really get along with those who like Doom and Black Metal, as they're far less obsessed with in the silly elements of the genre, such as "brutalness", breakdowns, and technical ability. Plus, they have a tendency to have a fondness for nature, socializing, and reading; all of which I approve of. I actually enjoy the company of those who don't listen to music more than people who are only semi-into it.

Posted by S

Interesting. Mine is more of a tribute to the mythology itself. I don't believe it, but I enjoy it more than many of its peers. Plus, it is my bloodline.

Posted by G-Sides

<3 band shirts, although i really wear them because i don't have any other plain shirts. my wardrobe consists of 4 or 5 polo tees and then about 6 or 7 band shirts :/ although i try to keep my tastes out there where the band isn't readily identifiable so when someone is like "****, I WENT TO THAT RICHARD CHEESE CONCERT TOO :D" or whatever i can safely assume that they're an awesome person.

iono why i typed all that, but i do hate the emo stereotype. say what you will about my hair but the typical "girl pants with norma jean/underoath skin tight t, pink studded belt, slip on vans and dyed and straightened black hair" pisses me off, especially since i go to school full of these assholes. welp