Tech Help: HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One

Posted by S

So I spent 2 hours looking around and I couldn't find anything pertaining to the problem. The printer in question is also a scanner and it reads memory cards for cameras - problem is, it does everything but scan. It says the computer is having trouble connecting to the scanner, but both the printer and memory card information make it through the connection fine. I tried re-installing the drivers once but to no avail. Anyone possible have this model and had this problem before? It's really aggravating me, as I'd like to scan a few pictures for a new signature and avatar. Anyway, any help that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ah, I get a few of these at work. This is actually a problem not only with this model, but almost every single Officejet it seems. Sometimes it can't communicate, sometimes it just refuses to recognize it's even there. I don't actually work on the printers, so I can't help you there, but I do know that technical support is useless and generally leaves your computer worse off. HP has really bad technical support, so don't even bother. It's just a problem with the drivers/hardware.

If you can, take it back and get something else.

Posted by S

Didn't notice your response until just now. It's way too late for a return, plus it wasn't my money so I'm not really worse off, its just kinda disheartening. Any suggestions on where I could ask, where people aren't complete morons? IE Not Tech Support.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

A local, well-known computer repair shop is your best bet. There might also be a printer repair place near you somewhere. I'm sure they get a lot of these printers.