9/11

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL="http://www.h22s.com/Thread_Archive/VGC/Sean_Fury_9-11/Page%201.htm"]In memory[/URL] of 9/11, I think it's time we all went looked back on Sean Fury's greatest hit.

[IMG]http://planetwebdesign.com/americacries1agc.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xeones

Six year, holy ****...unreal. Do you ever sit back and think how absurdly short life is. The first 10 years of my life felt like 3 times as long as the last 11. Perhaps its because the longer you live, your perception of time adjusts. I wonder if it were possible to live long enough...would a century come to feel as long as a day does now?

Anyhow, it's unfortunate what happened on that day. I don't dislike the enemy for fighting in what the belive in, although it is fairly stupid. It's just the unrelenting feeling that they are nothing more than cowards...hiding in caves killing innocent people.

Posted by Ant

that was only two years ago? good times.

oh, and I would had completely forgot about 9/11 had no one else brought up recently.

Posted by Linko_16

Lol, I "prayed." That was a lie. Also, I forgot about that signature. Great stuff.

My parent's thirty-year anniversary was on 9/11.

Posted by Sable Wind

I forgot it was today (because I never pay attention to dates), but it is very surreal that's already been 6 years. Sigh. There's not much more to be said.

Also, Sean was lying about that, for reasons which I've already explained. He's so hardcore.

Posted by s0ul

Haha, man I used caps a lot back then, and billards was a douche-bag. I guess that's all 9/11 brings back for me now, a time when stupid people on VGC had not yet been shunned to the point of leaving. THAT AND LAUGHTER AT THE DEATH OF THE INNOCENT IN A FIERY HELLSTORM! slipknot simbattling **** yeah \m/

Posted by Waluigi

9/11 really was an event..fulllll....day -- not only did the Twin Towers go down...first year in high school had a bomb threat that day. Good times.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I had sweden as my user title? And look at me now... completely banned the word from DA. Times have changed.

Posted by mis0

Hahaha I lol'd at my posts. I was such a dork back then. Well, more so than now.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I had sweden as my user title? And look at me now... completely banned the word from DA. Times have changed.

Huh, I wondered when I saw that if the original reason you banned it was related to that somehow.

Posted by Klarth

The fact that I was a tard of criminal proportions should be stricken from the record.

Posted by Speedfreak

...wow. Okay. I guess VGC ain't as bad right now as I thought.

Posted by cool gamer dad

This is the first thing I thought of when I was reminded what day it is.

Oh, and we watched a video in Civics about the whole 9/11 thang. The teacher's all "THEY SHOULD SHOW THIS ON TV EVERY DAY SO AMERICANS DO NOT FORGET". Yeah!!!

Posted by Grave Wisdom

LOL... Sean sure was a bright fellow!

Anyway, as for 9/11 itself: When it happened, I felt more shock than anything. Nobody I knew had died or been injured thankfully, but it did freak me out a lot anyway. Some people I knew didn't live too far from WTC, but they were fine. Can't say it effected me anywhere near as it did some folks, and I continued out my day just like any other. Biggest difference for me was that I was talking to friends all day, and i'm usually not that talkative. Probably it just made me appreciate what I had, and made me want to be around others.

Posted by protomanv4

To me nothing happened to me when it was 9/11 :( oh well Iguess I wouden't feel special. I kind of wished 9/11 never happpened sort of...

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting protomanv4: I kind of wished 9/11 never happpened sort of...

Sort of? Well, a lot more people would be a live today and we wouldn't have a stupid raging war for 6 straight years. (At least...close -- I really can't remember for sure). But -- I wish it had never happened!

Posted by Shade

Quoting protomanv4: I kind of wished 9/11 never happpened sort of...

You ****ing terrorist.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

PotatoMan V4 is Bean Layden!

Posted by Ant

Well the day is over. I only had to hear mention of it 4 times really. So hopefully it'll only be 2 next year. though the crying eagle meme is pretty funny in it's own right.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I read the 9/11 issue of Amazing Spider-Man in remembrance. Dr Doom crying is still the lamest thing in recent comic history.

I like how no one in Canada even knew what day it is. Went into work yesterday and mentioned it to everyone who would talk to me and just about everyone was like "oh yeah... that tower thing, right"

Posted by Kit

I didn't even remember before I read this thread. Nobody I know even mentioned it.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Dr Doom crying

I'm going to pretend, for all things good in the world, that I didn't just read that.

Quoted post: I read the 9/11 issue of Amazing Spider-Man in remembrance. Dr Doom crying is still the lamest thing in recent comic history.

I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD except for the twin towers ;_;

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Doom's just ****ed that he didn't think of it first.

Posted by Fate

I think it was just a gay tribute thing. We really can safely pretend it never happened.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

MARVEL RETCONNED DOOM'S TEARS

Posted by Fate

You forget that other villains were there, too. IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Magneto could have simply lifted all the concrete instead of watching puny humans lift it manually. *******.

Posted by Linko_16

XAVIER, QUICK, USE YOUR PSYCHIC POWERS TO FIND ALL THE MUTANTS IN THERE SO I CAN SAVE THEM.

Not the humans. They can rot. Thanks a million, Iraq.

Posted by The Hate

I remember exactly what I was doing when it happened.

Posted by Fate

I was watching reruns of The Wayans Bros when all of a sudden I saw George Bush come on screen. I was so ****ed that I changed the channels but he was still everywhere. I just wanted to watch The Wayans Bros. :mad:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=The Hate;745940]I remember exactly what I was doing when it happened.
I remember I was on my way home from school and my friend's mum had come to pick him up, which was weird. She was thought we were all gonna die, it felt pretty freaky. I got home in time to see the second tower being hit, though.

I got called down to the gym in a surprise assembly and a bunch of the teachers were crying. awkward

Also, once you see villains crying you can't unsee it. It's burned into my memory forever.

Those two sentences are unrelated.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I think I was on my computer listening to something horribly gay like Leather Strip or Electric Hellfire club. Oddly enough, I remember listening to Electric Hellfire Club's cover of U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" that day, before I even found out about what happened.

Posted by Kit

I was watching Dragonball Z, I didn't find out until the next day. :(

Posted by The Hate

I was having a drum lesson and I was packing up my drum when I heard about it. At the time I didnt know what the twin towers were.

Neither did I :cookie:

Posted by Kit

I was 10 at the time.

TWO TOWERS? WHAT ARE THOSE? :cookie:

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, once you see villains crying you can't unsee it. It's burned into my memory forever.

Kingpin may as well have cried when he got his *** beat down by Peter in the middle of a crowd of convicts.

Kingpin is a ***** anyways.

Posted by The Hate

I thought the Japanese did it at first. I was in 5th grade I was retarded.

Posted by Fate

I dunno, Vamp, anyone that can persuade people to do horrible stuff without psychic powers in the Marvel U has to be pretty powerful.

He's just big and has lots of money. Though it's still cool to see him bearhug the **** out of Spidey.

Posted by Slade

I got up at 6 that morning, and my parents were glued to the TV when I left for class. I don't think they saw me leave. :/

So I found out what had happened later in my first period class. We just spent the whole day watching the news in class, with the smarter teachers telling us some about the history of our relationship with the Middle East, etc. Mostly we just talked amongst ourselves about other stuff.

Posted by The Hate

TERRORIST!

Posted by Xeones

Quoting The Hate: I thought the Japanese did it at first. I was in 5th grade I was retarded.

*** i feel old as **** now...i was in sophomore geometry when it happened.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I was in 8th grade personal development class when the speaker said the first tower went down. What made that really scary was the words they said, "America is under attack". I was thinking russians.

Posted by misogenie

One of those passengers killed could have been America's most wanted serial child rapist, an ironic tragedy.

[IMG]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Ant

Quoting misogenie: One of those passengers killed could have been America's most wanted serial child rapist, an ironic tragedy.

THIS GUY! HE'S THE GUY!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting misogenie: One of those passengers killed could have been America's most wanted serial child rapist, an ironic tragedy.

THE TERRORISTS ARE HEROES.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Woke up, my dad was angry, I noticed a building fell over, went to class, remembered having like 20+ kids missing from school that day, ended up with recess all day because the teachers were too interested in the tele to teach us.

Was a pretty boring day. I'm a spoiled american pig and everything that's wrong with this country :-/

Posted by The Hate

You make it sound like a bad thing lol.

Posted by Hyper

I woke up and my mom said something like "Do you know what's going on right now? Have you seen the tv?" uhh... no. I literally just opened my eyes. Then I saw it and i was like =o I remember I thought something like "**** palestinians"

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm older. I was in Freshman Medical Ethics class (University). Everyone was huddled around screens in the first floor of the Haley center. We were all in a daze that day.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;750910]We were all in a daze that day.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY AMIRIGHT? LOL STUDENTS