Looking for Metroid Fans.

Posted by Sk2k52

Update: 10-08-07 - New Boss Demo-
http://files.filefront.com/Metroid+X+Prebeta+v0914exe/;8695475;/fileinfo.html

Thought I'd drop a line here, as this is for some odd reason, my favorite metroid board, even if extremely inactive compared to... all the others I go to >.>

Working creating a Metroid game on my spare time, and I thought I'd throw a request for assistance. If you like to make music, tile sets, sprites, puzzles, contact me. The storyline hasn't been concreted yet, but it takes place on a mysterious world named Asyla, where the X managed to escape to, via escape pods, and pirate ships that were on the BSL station before the crash. Within the world of Asyla, there exists a mysterious source of energy, completely blocking out all forms of communications and automated navigation to those near the planet.

Requirement are MSN or YIM messenger, and willingness to aid with some of the tedious (though some may find it fun) aspects of the project. Just add me (sk2k52@yahoo.com for both), and message me the next time, asking for details. If it absolutely must be AIM, I can be contacted by Sk2k52. Just have a means of sending me your work, such as e-mail, as cannot send or receive files via AIM.

Currently, sprites are used from existing metroid games (something I'd like to change, if any spriters are willing), and only engine demos are up.

Upgrades Currently Added:
Morph Ball - Morph Bombs - Bomb Jump - Spring Ball - Spider Ball
Double Jump - Space Jump
Screw Attack (current version is a toned down release, and only usable on enemies.
Missiles (currently running on the old projectile system, has only 3 directions of travel, unlike the beam).

Upgrades Planned:
Ice Beam - Same as previous metroid games. (Likely will add ability to turn on/on off beams, whether like super metroid or metroid prime system, i dont know)
Super Missiles - Pending completion of the aim system.
Wall Jump - Still tinkering how it would be done.

Maybe Added
Upgrade activate/deactivate (not too hard to add, but not necessary in any of my plans)
Power Bombs - Possibly, but not necessarily.
Plasma Beam/Wave Beam, whether separate or combined.

Platform Demo: v0.89.6 (Added 9-25-07)
http://files.filefront.com/Metroid+X+Prebeta+v0896exe/;8635320;/fileinfo.html

Boss Demo: v0.88.3
http://files.filefront.com/Metroid+X+Prebeta+v0883+bsexe/;8580686;;/fileinfo.html
(Once you touch the pink box, you receive all upgrades. Press Backspace to turn it to normal mode, default is easy. Must be turned on again if you died.)

Keys can be found by pressing F1. Most of what's written is meaningless to anyone but me, but the keys are listed.
If you find bugs, do not just post what they are, post the exact means you'd reproduce them. There currently is a pesky bug that freezes the sprite in the last animation, which is most likely caused from an unexpected alternative, which doesn't change a variable correctly. I've since discovered how to reproduce this, and been looking into the cause, and a solution.

Posted by Colonel

Post details now, please.

Posted by Sk2k52

Fine, well, I been working on creating a metroid game, and so far I got morph ball, morph bombs, spring ball, high jump upgrades set up. Also got a (Granted buggy) vent system, which shoots the person up through it.

Was looking for someone to design the stages, create the tiles, create the sprites/animations, and create the puzzles. All those things I'm good at, all the way until I actually have a point to doing them ._.

I can send an engine demo if curious, though keep in mind, it only a engine demo, the graphics suck xP

Posted by Colonel

Fucking hell I can't do that.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I can compose metroidish music, and maybe design some stages. I would perferr using AIM though.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Are you using SABS or SMILE, by chance?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm afraid you lost me there.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

SABS = Samus Arans Beauty Salon
SMILE = Super Metroid Integrated Level Editor

They are Super Metroid level editors.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting WillisGreeny: I can compose metroidish music, and maybe design some stages. I would perferr using AIM though.

If you're either capable of e-mailing anything composed, or have somewhere you can upload them, that'd work just fine. (I cannot send nor recieve files via AIM).

Just contact me anytime I'm on, my aim is Sk2k52.

Quoting MottaTheHutt: SABS = Samus Arans Beauty Salon
SMILE = Super Metroid Integrated Level Editor

They are Super Metroid level editors.

No, creating the engine by hand.

See my first post for the demos. They're .exe files. If you're virus paranoid, feel free to scan em.

Posted by Sk2k52

Granted the lack of interest, since engine will be beta soon (and fully public), I thought to update, and show off some screen shots.

Concept Sprite for Samus in the B2ADemo.

Alpha Demo's boss, being hit by a trap.

Boss Fight. Background and boss drawn by me, and temp.

Concept UI Layout. Long Beam Selected, and homing missiles turned off. While 8 health bars are shown, it's likely to be cut back to only 6.

Difficulty Settings: Easy / Normal / Hard / Impossible
(Easy and Normal already implemented.)

Following are upgrades that will be in for sure (aka have already been added in)

-Beam Types-
Long Beam
Wave Beam
Plasma Beam
Charge Beam

-Missile Types-
Normal Missiles
Super Missiles
Homing Missiles

-Suit Upgrades-
Energy Tank
Speed Booster
Jump Upgrade
Space Jump

-Morph Upgrades
Morph Ball
Morph Bombs
Bomb Jump
Power Bombs
Spring Ball
Spider Ball

Posted by WillisGreeny

looks like a nice metroid engine to me. Good work.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Did you do everything all by yourself?

Edit: LOL

[quote=Screen Shot]Boss Life: 420

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Did you do everything all by yourself?

Edit: LOL

Everything in the demo I either made myself, or it was ripped from a metroid game (samus sprite/BGM).

Umm.. I don't understand what's funny about the boss life being 420. Is that like, significant number that I'm not aware of (like 666)?

Posted by S

He's a pot head. 420 is the pothead number.