Reliving your past (cartoons)

Posted by ElroyJetson

I was charged with watching my little cousins yesterday and after they decided that making as much noise as possible was the way to get a response out of me, I plopped them in front of the tv. The strange part is I found myself entranced by the show they were watching "dinosaur king" I've never really been into cartoons but for some reason I enjoyed this one.

Anyone have similar experiences...or am i just plain crazy.

Posted by Near

Cartoons still, and will always kick ***. I watch em every time there is nothing on the HBO channels.

Posted by The Hate

I dont watch cartoons anymore. My cousin's boyfriend is 21 and watches cartoons all the time. Its sad.

Posted by Crazy K

There have been times when my nieces would be watching some gay *** Nickelodeon show, and I would stand there watching it for like 5 minutes.

Posted by The Hate

Its so stupid, it sucks you in. You dont even blink when you watch it lol.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Today's cartoons ****ing suck.

Posted by Fragliche

About the only cartoons I watch that AREN'T classics on Boomerang are Courage The Cowardly Dog (whenever on Cartoon Network), The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and Dexter's Laboratory. Everything else I hate. All the modern cartoons they show on Disney (what few they do show anymore), Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are just fucking retarded. :\

Posted by Dexter

I don't like today's cartoons much, except for some anime.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I have to say, though a lot of cartoons suck, there are some golden ones. Spongebob, for one; Courage the Cowardly Dog, Secret Squirrel, Dexter's Lab, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid are some. Invader Zim is good, when I need a Jhonen Vasquez fix; and the Flinstones will always be good, and the Adams Family. Charles Adams was a visionary. :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Nothing beats Gargoyles.

Posted by Near

Thunder Cats, He-Man, Ninja Turtles (Not that new ****), Voltron....the list goes on with old school kick *** cartoons, but todays cartoons are no good. When I said I watch them in my previous post, I should have mentioned that its mainly Tom and Jerry.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I've been collecting all of the cartoons I watched as a kid. All of the Nintendo ones are out on DVD now, except for Super Mario World, which will be out soon. I've got everything they've released on Voltron, Ninja Turtles, and the Gummi Bears, too. I'll start collecting Thundercats, He-Man, and The Real Ghostbusters soon, too.

They need to release Kidd Video and the Back to the Future cartoons on DVD, too.

Posted by Zeta

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh man.

I used to watch all of that Nickelodeon stuff. Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Catdog, I've seen it all. All of which still air except for Doug, I think. I miss you very much, Doug. They play the new, post-Dill episodes of Rugrats though, which are total trash.

Posted by WillisGreeny

tmnt, Captain N, mario bros supa show, and ghostbusters, FTW! I miss those 80's/early 90's punchline cartoons. Maybe add Inspector Gadget.

Posted by Xeones

They need a channel that stricly plays ducktails, tail spin, ninja turtles, chip and dale rescue rangers, rocko's modern life...all the old school cartoons i used to watch when i was a kid.

The grim adventures of billy and mandy isn't a bad modern cartoon.

Oh, and will real life pizza ever stack up to ninja turtle pizza in terms of how delicious it looks...i could go for some ninja turtle pizza right now.

Posted by The Hate

They always make it look so good.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh, right. Stick Rocko's Modern Life onto my list. How could I forget?

Posted by Near

Don't forget Angry Beavers and Two Stupid Dogs!.....And of course, Pinky and the Brain!

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Near: Don't forget Angry Beavers and Two Stupid Dogs!.....And of course, Pinky and the Brain!

ill be suprised if anyone can remember the name of the log that the angry beaver would eat as a "dessert".

Posted by WillisGreeny

All I remember is stump.
Favorite episode of Angry Beavers is either the sleep walking episode, or the musk spraying episode.

Posted by Arcadios

All the old Cartoon Cartoons on Cartoon network before it got gay along with some nick shows like Rugrats, Hey Arnold and Kablam. Too many to remember.

Posted by Xeones

the name of the treat was "Lickity Split" if you care at all

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anyone remember "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"? That show was the ****.

Posted by Ant

**** yeah, haven't seen it in forever.

What sucks just recently is on the nicktoons network they took of rockos modern life and invader zim and replaced it with some other ****ty cartoons.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I remember Ka-Blam! That show was great, and I miss Rugrats. It pretty much started to suck after the 2nd movie.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Things I realized while watching cartoons with cousins:

1. Anime is 100 times more prevalent
2. their cartoons are more interesting than mine
3. Chaotic pwns
4. if i want them to leave me alone http://4kids.tv shows all the stuff they watch on sat morning whenever they want to see it. *** bless the internet.