Have your own idea for a Mario Game?

Posted by Waluigi

Always curious to know if people come up with ideas 'n such for games -- curious about a Mario game myself now-a-days. I'm sure everyone played Super Mario 64 -- I was thinkin' of a similar game play but with the 'bad guys'! Wario and Waluigi for sure......now here's my storyline of how it could be played:

Wario and Waluigi are sick and tired of Mario and Luigi always winning and getting what they want...but what they mostly want is to steal Peach and Daisy for themselves. Wario and Waluigi come up with a plan together to make a piece of unknown science to turn Peach and Daisy against Mario and Luigi. The pieces they need are scattered across the land and they need to team up and gather 'em up. Along the way they meet old foes of Mario and Luigi and during game play can alter between characters (I was thinkin' maybe Koopa Kid and Bowser so far..) . Game can either be single player to switch between the two characters (Gameplay also would be each player has something one doesn't and needs the other to complete each certain level..kinda like Four Swords play..but not really). Around mid game Mario and Luigi get word of the upcoming threat and every end of a level or so they try to randomly throw Wario and Waluigi of course.

That's all I got so far...

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I would like to see another 2D Mario game on the Wii or DS. Never cared much for 64 or Sunshine, and it'd be nice to see another oldschool style platformer maybe with some modern innovations.

Posted by Yoshi man

I got a idea
Yoshi's Rapage!
Yoshi gets ****ed at mario for making a fool out of him yoshi goes on a trip to kill mario and luigi.yoshi makes his army of yoshi's and invades until he kills mario. will he? thats all I'll tell you now! wait until next post:)

Posted by Breakman

a mario game that's got all the charm and whimsicality and whatnot of the older ones--specifically smb3 and smw--but on a main console, in 3d, like the newer ones

like, you know, Yoshi riding in Sunshine and Luigi/Fireballs/Starman power/etc in Galaxy were steps toward this, but they somehow got rid of Yoshi in Galaxy again and it's only very small baby steps toward putting back all the old awesome stuff that NEEDS TO BE BACK in the newer games--Mario's becoming more and more of just a 'whore-out' series for all the little party/ddr/sports/etcetc Nintendo games as well as 'DEMONSTRATING WHAT THE NEW CONSOLE IS CAPABLE OF' games (though i guess this has technically been true since smw, which is a problem, though i loved that game and smw2)-- I mean, NSMB *sort of* did what I wanted, but it was more like a cool remake of SMB1, and still wasn't quite what I've been looking for..

what'd be epic would be, like I said, a main-console, 3D one, but instead of being just a demo of the system's capabilities that happens to be fun, make it actually EXISTENT ONLY TO BE A NEW, AWESOME INSTALLMENT OF THE MARIO SERIES AND NOTHING MORE. Fire Flowers that last until you're hit at least--Cape/Racoon mario--older suits like the Hammer Bro and/or Frog suit--Mario and Luigi co-op or turn-based play--Yoshi riding, until you lose him through being hit (and can retreive him similarly to SMW, or jump off?)-- and maybe, just maybe, though it seems quite impossible by this point, BRING BACK THE KOOPALINGS/KOOPA KIDS!

It just hasn't felt quite the same since Mario felt more like an actual normal series of awesome games rather than 'one game per system to show it off'--I do like the newer games, but it's just never quite matched up to SMB3/World/World 2 with tons of Mario cartoons on TV and merchandise all over the place.