NBA's Atlantic Division

Posted by Raging Gamer

Lets talk about how much of a wasteland this division is this year. I am dissapointed to say that my Boston Celtics are a part of this division. Currently, they are in first place and theyre 2 games under .500!!! In any other divison, they would be low. I mean, are these teams really that bad. The Knicks could have a good squad if they had the right coach who knew how to handle all these "shoot-first" stars. Then there's Philadelphia, where Jim O'Brien likes to focus on playing defense more than scoring any baskets. Toronto, who seems to be a much better team without the once bright star Vince Carter, whom I might add seems to have a new sense of "wanting to try" attitude towards him. Speaking of the Nets, where have they been this year? I mean, was Kenyon Martin the one on the team that brought them the success that they had? Why hasn't Jason Kidd been stepping up and playing well. I mean, he has "Vinsanity" now who seems to have the desire to play organized basketball again. You'd think that they'd be able to win some games. So, as you can see, the state of the Atlantic Division in the NBA is in peril. What is everyone else's take on this or any division?

-RG

Posted by El Capitan

I think Nets would be alot better if they kept K-Mart, he got the crowd into the games with his monster dunks and his screaming block shots. I think if the Nets still had K-mart and RJ, they would up in the top five. As for the other divisions, I think theres not much competition in the Midwest, its basically Dallas and San Antonio right?

Posted by PaintItBlack

The division is atrocious, I must say. I'm shocked to see the Sixers struggling a few games under .500 and still very much a contender to win the division. My interest in basketball has wained since the Sixers have become a sub-.500 basketball team, but I have caught a few of their games recently. If Iverson is playing, they always stand a chance of winning. He's have the best season of his career and is Philly's MVP. Iggy, Kenny Thomas, and Korver have all played well in spurts. If the team gets on track, they can win some games. They're not the team that just fell to the Hornets in OT.

My prediction is for the Sixers to take the atlantic. And once any of those teams are in the playoffs, which is sadly inevitable, they could be dangerous to pretty much any other Eastern conference team in a 7 game series.

Posted by Cloudstud

Ya wow the atlantic is pretty pathetic this year. My fav team is the nets. Used to be toronto but im a vince carter fan. So i like the nets now, new team same story. Now the nets suck even worse than toronto. But its ok i have faith this year seems to be lost but there is alway next year. I disagree with what kmart did for nj. He hasnt been a very good player in denver and i think it was kidd that made him better. Give kidd and carter a year or so together to cohere and you will see quite the match. Vince carter has the same abilities as kmart in getting the crowd going. So lets cross our fingers for the nets and the pittiful atlantic division.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Raging Gamer: The Knicks could have a good squad if they had the right coach who knew how to handle all these "shoot-first" stars.

that's not necessarily the knicks problem. i've watched pretty much every knick game this year, and they do have the ability to be a good team. however, injuries have hurt them. the knicks were actually a few games above .500 at the end of 2004, but crawford got injured, houston got re-injured, penny hardaway got injured, and tim thomas got injured. right now, houston and thomas are on IL.

hopefully, they'll snag phil jackson. not that herb williams won't be a good coach, but if you've got the chance to get a coach with nine rings--and the knicks do--you've got to take it.

Posted by Cloudstud

I think you have hit the nail right on the head rivercity. Thats the biggest problem with the Knicks. They cant stay healthy. Look at penny and houston in the last 5 years. They have been so injury ridden. I dont think that the knicks will be able to win until they are healthy, and honestly i dont see that ever happening with who they have.

Posted by Iron Man

Jim O'Brien really puzzles me sometimes..some of his decisions really just confuses the crap out of me.

Posted by Kamek

To show you how sad the Atlantic is, when the Knicks almost won a game, my friends and I rejoiced. Oh man, it was sad.

Posted by Raging Gamer

Quoting Iron Man: Jim O'Brien really puzzles me sometimes..some of his decisions really just confuses the crap out of me.

Yeah, I don't blame you for feeling that way. I had to deal with him for a few years. He isn't a bad coach, just doesn't have the right stuff to lead a team to a championship.

Posted by DarkLordOnoga

I like the Magic, I wanted them to be good but last year they were like, really bad. This year they're better though with Francis, and Grant Hill finally back.

Posted by Raging Gamer

Quoting DarkLordOnoga: I like the Magic, I wanted them to be good but last year they were like, really bad. This year they're better though with Francis, and Grant Hill finally back.

Don't forget about my man Dwight Howard. He is the next Kevin Garnett. You watch, in a few years he will be really good once he learns the game.

Posted by CannedMonkey

Quoting Raging Gamer: Don't forget about my man Dwight Howard. He is the next Kevin Garnett. You watch, in a few years he will be really good once he learns the game.

ok Yeah Dwight howard is good But Right in front of your eyes u are seeing Chris Bosh Mature and Is becoming one of the hardest Forwards in the game to guard, he's got speed and his jab step Jump shot is lethal.. Give Chris bosh a year or two and he will be avergain 25 ppg and 11 rpg If u ask me If the raptors got him the touches he needs he would be doing alot Better this year. He is a good inside presence and His Jump shots are Getting better. His Freethrows are a really big improvment as well. Next year The Raptors will win the atlantic. They have a rookie head coach and rookie genral Manager and they havea point guard in rafer alston who is not used to having so much perssure put on him as well as a young chris bosh Who they rely on. So Next year they will gel and U can guarantee they will be about 10 games over .500 and will win the atlantic!!!But don't get me Wrong Dwight Howard is good But i think Chris Bosh Will be a better player. (with a little bit more bulk).!!

Posted by Cloudstud

No way will Bosh or howard be that good. Honestly how often do you see forwards as good as KG. KG is a all around player. He dishes good, shoots good, and rebounds like a freak. These players are going to be good, but KG come on. I can see both players averaging a double double but neither of them averaging 7 assists.

Posted by Iron Man

I don't see Howard becoming that good..but I think Chris Bosh is very capable..being on such a horrible team, he's playing very well, and I can honestly say that he'll likely be an All-Star next season.

Posted by El Capitan

What the hell are yall watching? Clearly no of you people have been watching the Suns with Amare Stoudamire. Amare Stoudamire is a phenominal player, he is the closest compared to Kevin Garnett. Give him a year or two and he will dominate over KG.

Posted by louder than a bomb

Jason Kidd isn't playing great because he is coming off of a rather serious injury. Give the man some slack.

Posted by CannedMonkey

Quoting El Capitan: What the hell are yall watching? Clearly no of you people have been watching the Suns with Amare Stoudamire. Amare Stoudamire is a phenominal player, he is the closest compared to Kevin Garnett. Give him a year or two and he will dominate over KG.

Actually Buddy If you Were smart you would know that If Amare was playing For Toronto I Can guarantee he wouldn't be having this breakout season. The only reason he is doing so well is because he's got Steve Nash Feeding him the ball!!!! Sure Amare is good But He's not that good!!! He's not the kind of Player i would want to take the las shot of the game when i'm down by 2 with 10 seconds left.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

for some reason, i don't see chris bosh ever averaging 25 and 11. those are very hard stats to get, even if you're the only good player on your team. he only averages 16 and 8, and jalen rose is the only other decent player on that team.

Posted by Iron Man

Quoting El Capitan: What the hell are yall watching? Clearly no of you people have been watching the Suns with Amare Stoudamire. Amare Stoudamire is a phenominal player, he is the closest compared to Kevin Garnett. Give him a year or two and he will dominate over KG.

Yeah we know that..but were talking about Bosh/Howard. The fact that Amare isn't even at his prime yet is pretty .... scary, same thing with LeBron.

Posted by twosauce

Quoting CannedMonkey: Actually Buddy If you Were smart you would know that If Amare was playing For Toronto I Can guarantee he wouldn't be having this breakout season. The only reason he is doing so well is because he's got Steve Nash Feeding him the ball!!!! Sure Amare is good But He's not that good!!! He's not the kind of Player i would want to take the las shot of the game when i'm down by 2 with 10 seconds left.

I honestly wouldnt want KG taking a jumpshot in the last seconds of the game when Minnesota is down by 2. I would choose Szerbiak or Cassel instead. And El Capitan is right in 2 years Amare will be better than KG. Also I think that even if the Mavs didnt dump Nash to Pheonix, Amare would still have this season he is having.

Posted by CannedMonkey

Quoting rivercitytecmo: for some reason, i don't see chris bosh ever averaging 25 and 11. those are very hard stats to get, even if you're the only good player on your team. he only averages 16 and 8, and jalen rose is the only other decent player on that team.

Yeah sure he's averaging 16 and 8 but u can see it every game he is improving and maybe not 25 11 but he will be averagin a double double somwhere around 21 and 10.4 which are still very impressive!! And the guy who said Amare would still be havin a stellar Season without Nash Shure i would say he'd be averagin about 21 and 8 no way in Hell he would have 26PPG tho!! but i must say Amare Is a very impressive player along with Lebron, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor and Ben Gordon.

Posted by twosauce

Didnt Chris Bosh come straight out of highschool? I think Chris Bosh is the centerpiece but they cant win just by him. They need a big man in the middle, because Boshs' natural position is PF.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

the kings are now the dumbest nba franchise in existence. move over, new york, new orleans, and utah.

Posted by CannedMonkey

Quoting twosauce: Didnt Chris Bosh come straight out of highschool? I think Chris Bosh is the centerpiece but they cant win just by him. They need a big man in the middle, because Boshs' natural position is PF.

Nope he played For Georgia Tech!!!! He came out of college but he was freshman he's only 20 i believe! Lola nd yeah i must agree tradin Chris Webber was not smart lol they got nothin back in corliss williamson lol!! But now the 76ers are winning the atlantic! But Now i have been informed that Celtics got Antoine Walker which means they are alot stronger too. But how about Baron davis and J rich over at Golden State that will be fun to see! Today was a blockbuster trade day lol!!

Posted by PaintItBlack

Atlantic division will probably be owned by the Sixers the rest of the way. Webber and Iverson are going to tear it up.

Posted by CannedMonkey

meh i dunno the celtics got rick davis paul pierce and now antoine walker thats a pretty sweet team as well

Posted by 'WestEast'

dogg my boi Tracy owns everyone. Rockets rule.

Den I guess da 6as wit my boy iverson.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting CannedMonkey: meh i dunno the celtics got rick davis paul pierce and now antoine walker thats a pretty sweet team as well

pierce and walker didn't work the first time around. now boston has three ball hogs tossing up ridiculous shots. they also have nobody besides those three; the rest of the team sucks.

Posted by CannedMonkey

I'm note sure i would agree with that River. They might have Three ball hogs now but they are all Extremely good. And they have Raef Lafrentz he's not so bad he averagin 15 and 7 i believe he's a good presence and they got amrk Blount with 11 and 5 i believe and they got some solid rookies comeing off the bench. I would much rather have Antoine Walker then a Old Geezer in Gary Payton. But yeah my new pick is 76ers by far webber and Iverson That combination will rip up the NBA!