Just got a PSP!

Posted by Phantom75230

I am typing this on my new PSP that I got yesterday... anyone got any tips for begginers?

Posted by Red

ummmmm get the latest upgrade? unless you already have it. also buy games but don't buy a 1 gig memory stick....well it alll depends on what you;d do with it actually. with a 34 MB memory stick you can put about 3 or 4 songs a bunch of pics and saved game date. with 1 gig you can put videos and **** load of music. that's the only advice I can give I guess.

Posted by The Hate

Curb stomp it and buy a DS.

Posted by Red

another piece of advice, don't listen to gay Nintendo fanboys. :)

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Phantom75230: :D Just got a PSP!

I feel sooooo bad for you.

Posted by Red

....didn't you rip that off of someone else? I could have sworn there was a post where someone said "someone broke my PSP" and they said "they did you a favour etc." essentially you ripped them off.

Posted by Colonel

Not even close. There completly diffrent phrases.

I feel so bad for you=Someone did you a favour?

**** noo

Posted by Roger Smith

Kill yourself and get a DS HOOOOO I'M ORIGINAL.

Posted by The Hate

Kill yourself for buying a psp at this point. It was acceptable when they first came out. Now its just sad.

Posted by Red

not with the up-comming release of FFT: the Lion War :cookie:

Posted by Apathetic

Uhh if you like homebrew, dont upgrade lol. Bigger memory sticks if you want to put movies and songs and crap or whatever on them, duh. Some games are decent I think?

Posted by Colonel

How long did it take you to type that message? 30 minutes?

Posted by Phantom75230

I already havea DS, and I got a PSP to complete my ratchet & clank and my prince of persia series

Posted by The Hate

Its the psp....lol

Posted by Colonel

Quoting The Hate: Its the psp....lol

What? Im confused.

Posted by varrybarry

Enjoy your new PSP! I'm getting one next Friday.

Posted by Degeneration

Slim version, yes?

Posted by The Hate

Quoting varrybarry: Enjoy your new PSP! I'm getting one next Friday.

Enjoy wasting your money.

Posted by Phantom75230

Yes, The slim Version

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Phantom75230: Yes, The slim Version

Good, because it would've sucked if you bought it at the exact same time the new version came out.

I'll be getting the Slim PSP once I finish Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and move on to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Despite the good games, I hate playing on handhelds, but the new feature of playing PSP games on my HDTV will surely improve the rate at which I play the system.

I'll still keep my original PSP though, just so I can keep the MGS display case on it.

Posted by Shade

The Hate: Shut the **** up, dude. Seriously.

I've actually been looking into getting one, so good for you.

Posted by The Hate

KK sorry.

Posted by Degeneration

If you ever get the chance, let me know how the new D-pad handles a fighting game.

I can't stand using one of those stupid imported D-pad covers just to pull off certain moves when I want to. They slide around like nobody's business and aren't even as effective as they ought to be. If the slim PSP eliminates the need for this virtual set of training wheels, I'm convinced that I'll need one at some point.

Posted by maian

I'm getting one on Wednesday, actually. But only because it's a freaking good deal. In my eyes. I'm getting a close to brand new (one, maybe two months old) PSP, with a case, memory card, and emulation already built into it, for $90. If I play my cards right, I might just get Portable Ops.

MPO is really the only reason I want a PSP, because it's freaking amazing. =/

But, might as well score on one right now. I can't see myself getting one at full price, and this is a limited time deal since my friend is selling it. And, it'll be nice for the future when Renegade Squadron comes out, and *** of War, if I ever get to playing that series.

Until I get MPO though, the *** given gift of being able to play SNES games on it will suffice. :)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Just make sure you don't update past v1.5, otherwOH WAIT

Posted by Slade

Quoting Big Boss: but the new feature of playing PSP games on my HDTV will surely improve the rate at which I play the system.

Huh, I haven't read anything about the PSP in ages(because I won't be able to buy one for a while, and knowledge is pain), but that sounds perfect. I'm definitely looking forward to getting one- most prominently for all the MGS games. Even the card ones. Wacky characters and plot lines set in the MGS universe? yes plz

Posted by maian

I heard the AC!D games sucked. Not only because it is indeed card gameplay, the stories are just horrible, and they're not even canon in the story anyway.

Portable Ops is sex. :) Other than that, no other MGS. =/ MPO+ is coming out soon, though. Once I get a bigger memory card I want to put MGS1 on my PSP.

Posted by Phantom75230

I've been looking at Coded arms, does anyone know if its a good game?