There won't be a Crackdown 2

Posted by Big Boss

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/818/818544p1.html

If any recent game deserved a sequel, it would be Crackdown. For all its awesome gameplay, the possibility of having an improved story (and storytelling) along with awesome fights against supervillain crimelords would've made a second iteration an even better game to play. What a shame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

**** games get numerous sequels, and great games like Crackdown don't? :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Kinda weird considering the ending screamed SEQUEL. But a year down the road when GTA is out I doubt anyone will really care. Shame, but ah well.

Posted by Fate

PORQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hopefully when they're done doing these bigger and better things they can get to a sequel. That might be years, if ever.

At least 2010 from the sounds of it. Will Crackdown even matter at that point though? Doubt it. And why do I have a feeling these "bigger and better" projects are neither bigger nor better?

Posted by Big Boss

One is an MMO, so that will take up a lot of time to not only release, but maintain. The other, who knows... Crackdown will remain relevant for as long as its gameplay and theme remain unique. Superhero games offer a lot of open-city jumping and mayhem, but little on the side of earth-grounded crime fighting and storyline. On the other hand, GTA-like games offer everything but the superpowers. Crackdown currently stands as the only one that does both.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Combine Crackdown and Ultimate Spider-Man, and you have pretty much the ultimate superhero game. I really want it. :(

Posted by Colonel

Ultimate Siper Man is hard. Dumb Venom won't die.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Colonel;741818]Ultimate Siper Man is hard. Dumb Venom won't die.Seriously? It's just a case of PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH SPIDER-SENSE JUMP PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH SPIDER-SENSE JUMP PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH SPIDER-SENSE JUMP PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH SPIDER-SENSE JUMP PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH SPIDER-SENSE JUMP.

... I assume we're talking about the final battle here.

Quoted post: Crackdown will remain relevant for as long as its gameplay and theme remain unique.

TOO LATE. Prototype and Infamous (is that it?) both seem to following in Crackdown's wake. Specifically Infamous.