New Agalloch Announced

Posted by Shin-Ra

John Haughm is currently selling quite a few rare Agalloch items on ebay. All earnings from these auctions will go entirely towards paying for the studio sessions of a neo-folk MCD they are recording this month.

Items include LPs, CDs, shirts, posters/flyers and a Ashes box set (a goat horn is involved ; )

If interested...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZurgehal

-From the band myspace

Basically, yeah, there's going to be another neofolk release from Agalloch. Is this awesome? Yes.

Posted by Omni

Well, I'm glad the rumors that they might be breaking up are not true! This is amazing news. :)

I can't wait to hear it!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Agalloch announcing a Neofolk album is easily some of the best news I've ever heard.

Posted by Shade

This coming about half an hour after Omni told me they might be breaking up.

I'm giddy.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Yeah, only good can come from this. Can't wait to hear more!

Posted by Klarth

Apparently it's going to be called The White. (Now they just need to make The Black...)

Rumour: It'll have a new version of "The Hawthorne Passage".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: (Now they just need to make The Black...)

Sounds highly likely.

Posted by Hyper

:D

Posted by Shin-Ra

More news announced today:

Agalloch will finally release “The White EP” through Vendlus Records in early 2008. It is the follow-up to 2004’s “The Grey EP” and completes a dichotomy of releases for the label. “The White EP” contains seven dark folk and ambient works written and recorded over the past 3 years.

“The White EP” tracklisting:
1. The Isle Of Summer
2. Birch Black
3. Hollow Stone
4. Pantheist
5. Birch White
6. Sowilo Rune
7. Summerisle Reprise

Also, the band has two European gigs confirmed for next year. We will be playing the 5th edition of the annual Ragnar

Posted by Dexter

Portland, OR for the win. I can always trust they'll come here. Hopefully I'll be around. Doubtful. :(

Posted by Omni

I'll buy it for sure. :)

I really, really like the song titles. Also, folk and ambient music is pretty great.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, I agree about the song titles. I'm eager to see the lyrics to "Pantheist", personally.

Quoting Dexter: Portland, OR for the win. I can always trust they'll come here. Hopefully I'll be around. Doubtful.

Yeah, they better not break up by the time I move up there. The same goes for Wolves in the Throne Room.

Posted by Dexter

I wasn't aware you were moving here. You won't regret it. Portland, and Oregon in general, have a wonderful music scene and an environment that inspires fantastic art. You'll become attached, I'm sure. I'll probably move back here someday, for I have a feeling no place in the world will fit me like Oregon does. This is the best time of the year for Oregon, too. Nice rain, good shade of colors. Where exactly in Oregon are you moving to?

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm going to start off in Portland, because I'm not familiar with Oregon at all, and they have hospitals where I can work at within the city. Once I get more familiar with the area up there, then I'll see into the possibility of finding some new places.

I'm really looking forward to moving. Portland is supposed to have a wonderful, pleasant, artsy culture; but most of all, Oregon's absolutely beautiful and that's what I really want to surround myself with. We'll have to get in touch once I make the move, man.

Posted by Dexter

I'm moving away myself in less than 2 weeks. Making my way to Tokyo, Japan for awhile. I'll be back in America in no more than 5 months, but I'm not sure if I'll be back in Oregon or not. I might hit California because they have decent film schools or I might hit Florida. Still not sure. Depends largely on who pays me more.

Posted by Shade

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27545777

Can listen to a song off The White there. It's also now available for pre-order, limited to 2000 copies.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, I ordered mine yesterday. Check the blog for the site to order it from. The song is great by the way.

Posted by Hyper

Ordered my copy. I can't wait to get it. The new song is great so if the other six are anything like it I'll be happy.

Posted by Omni

I also ordered it. I'm excited. I may even wait to get it in the mail instead of downloading it if it leaks or winds up on KT before I get mine.

Posted by Omni

:bump:

I'm listening to it now. It's amazing. I'll be giving out the link shortly.