Oblivion: GoTY Edition

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

This gets released on the 10th. Is the expansion/downloadable content worth the extra money, or should I just stick with the original game?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I saw the preorder copies today when I went into my local gamestore. Even the cover art looks awesome! Makes me regret not waiting a while longer. :(

get it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It already includes the two biggest and best DLC--Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. Trust me, with that you'll be more than satisfied.

Posted by Dexter

I might just have to get this too, since the old copy is now with my nephews and there were still tons of activities I didn't get to do.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hey guys! I'm getting a job maybe, so maybe I'll be able to buy this! This thread reminds me of a discussion Vamp and I had about whether Morrowind was better then Oblivion etc.

I said Morrowind and he said Oblivion.

Well I've changed my mind. Oblivion is by far superior. It just had to soak in for a few months.

Posted by Axis

Is this retailing for $59.99? Or will it be more expensive than that?

60 bucks. Considering SI alone is thirty, that's pretty good.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, that's not bad. I'll probably get it this month.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I dont know if anyone cares or not but they just added a new download that supposed to be free from the 15th to the 21st. It addas your very own castle that you can defened from raiders, get Truehorn Knights, and have a Dwemer Forge to boost your armorer skill.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dr. Rockso;762257]I dont know if anyone cares or not but they just added a new download that supposed to be free from the 15th to the 21st. It addas your very own castle that you can defened from raiders, get Truehorn Knights, and have a Dwemer Forge to boost your armorer skill.

Really? Holy ****, more reason to go back to Oblivion. Now, if only there weren't grade A games coming out every week...

Oh ****, sweet! Didn't even hear about this.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Well the download is definitely worth it since its free. Its just like buying a house and paying to furnish it. One of the drawbacks though is the forge only adds +15 armorer when your next to it, BUT it was funny to see a huge castle being decimated by four maurauders :D

Quoted post: One of the drawbacks though is the forge only adds +15 armorer when your next to it,

Makes sense though since you're not doing anything with your own supply of repair hammers, rather what's at the forge itself.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I guess so, but i didnt know there were 2 other downloads, Orrery and Spelltomes, did anyon e else?

Posted by Kit

I have them both. The Orrery makes you do a short quest and you can give yourself a permabuff which you can change once a day for a different one. Spelltomes are random drops from enemies and chests.

I got the cheap downloads, yet didn't get Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine.

Which are the two best and the two worth any money really =/ Even if SI is a little steep in price, the value is great.

Posted by Kit

:/

2400 is a hiiiigh number

30 bucks. But it has a ****ing ton of content.

Posted by Kit

I'll complete the main quest before considering it either way.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Main quest lost me my master key. :(

And it sucked in general, anyway.

Posted by Kit

Need to complete it for bragging rights.

But then again I just got Orange box and its shiny and new and Team Fortress 2 is fun as hell despite it having only 6 maps!

That's where SI is better. Main quest was awesome.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Im just hellbent on getting every download, I thought GOTYE would have Deepscorn and the Wizards Tower but to no avail.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Bringing this ***** back.... WITH GLITCHES

Duplicate Glitch-Have- duplicates of any of the same scroll. Unequipped everything and switch to any spell then exit the menu. Go back into the menu and choose the scroll, then go to a non-enchanted item and drop it. It should have dropped as many items as you have duplicates of the scroll. (Dosent work with most enchanted items and some type of armor/weps)

Daderic Mace of Doom- Get the Frostcrag spire download. Go and stand in the circle on the floor between the room (forget the name) and ingredients garden. Save and exit the game and go delete the frostcrag spire download. reload and youll be in pitch black with a building in the distance. run to and and you glitch inside, go out the door and youll be in the testing area where the daderic mace of Doom is sitting by the fire, it foes 100dmg + 200 fire dmg.
Just fast travel anywhere to leave. (you can also duplicate it)

You can also go into a house on the right which leads into the inside of an Oblivion Sigil Keep. you can go to the top, jump off and grab the stone and it will give you infinity of each kind of sigil stone, although, it over-encumbers you and you cant leave (kinda just for fun.)

oooooooooooooooooooooooold

Posted by Dr. Rockso

It may be old but i didnt know about them, so mabey there are some other people out there in the far corners of the world who dont know either

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Did anyone ever get the Dragon Sword from the Fighters Castle dl?

And i also wanted to know any ideas for custom classes since im out of them