Just spent most of my bank account on a Wii...

Posted by Hyper

This weekend left me $464 poorer. Wii, 2 year replacement plan, 2000 points, Wii Play, Nunchuck, and Red Steel. Good thing I get paid in 2 days. So what should I buy next? :cool:

Posted by Ant

return red steal. buy zelda and metroid prime 3.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Warioware is amusing to play with friends. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet but I'm sure it's worth it.

I've got to start saving up for a Wii. Wonder if the price will drop this year.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Metroid, Paper Mario and Zelda are the main games to buy. Red Steel? Not so much.

Posted by Apathetic

I liked Resident Evil 4, though Im sure theres better to most people.

Posted by Hyper

I knew Red Steel isn't the greatest but I wanted something with swords and guns. :cool: I'm thinking Zelda and Metroid next. No hurry though; I've still got all my Gamecube games plus Starfox 64 from the VC.

Posted by maian

Metroid. Period.

Posted by Hyper

Are the Metroid controls easier than the Red Steel ones? I was getting a bit annoyed moving around and aiming in Red Steel.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, they can't be any worse than Red Steel's controls. The amount of time I spent simply dragging my reticule across the screen... augh.

Posted by Bebop

Dont get Zelda, its crap.

Posted by Ant

don't listen to bebop, he's crap.

and yes, the controls are really really good on metroid. much faster.

Posted by Linko_16

I'd say buy Zelda of GameCube instead. The Wii didn't add much to it for me, and when I think about how the game on each platform is a mirror image of the other, and Link's sword is in his left hand where it belongs for the GameCube version, it almost makes me feel like that's the console it was meant to be on anyway.

Comparing Red Steel controls to Metroid is like comparing utter ****ty to pure gold.

Oh, and don't listen to Linko either. Zelda on the Wii is just slightly superior, though superior nonetheless.

Posted by Hyper

I can't decide now if I want GC or Wii Zelda :( What advantages does the Wii version have over GC?

Posted by Zeta

The ability to have 3 items equipped instead of 2. That's about it.

Posted by Hyper

Sounds like I'm buying the Wii version then. :cool:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GC Twilight Princess only had two item slots? Was Z Midna, or some ****?

Anyway, get the Wii version, since the fishing mode actually has pretty good waggle.

Posted by maian

idk, didn't really make a hueg difference to me. Mind you, I'm only at the forest temple on Wii version, but after playing through the Gamecube one, idk. It just felt like I was playing through the game yet another time with no purpose, except for slightly different controls. I like the GC one, personally. It's how it was meant to be. :(

edit: ohshi 3 post ninja'd

Posted by Dexter

Get the Wii Zelda. Also, Paper Mario and Metroid should be in your collection. If you don't already have Resident Evil 4 for da Cude, get that. If you're looking to play online or have fun with multiplayer, get Mario Strikers Charged. After that, wait for Super Smash and Galaxy.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Ant: don't listen to bebop, he's crap.

and yes, the controls are really really good on metroid. much faster.

Because Ant is a bubbling source of intelligence....

Eledees/Elebits is pretty fun. Not a game you'd play constantly but an interesting title. Surely you can get it cheap now.

Posted by Ant

I know about videa gamez!

And eh, Elebits is okay...I own it and hardly ever play it...I'd say pass on that one.

Bebop says to forget about Zelda but recommends Elebits. This is why no one listens to him.

Posted by Colonel

Get all these games people are requesting and Get Godfather: Blackhand Edition. It=good.

Posted by Dexter

Elebits was neat to check out for the idea, but the game was really boring. Got boring on the first level and the game doesn't change enough along the way to make it worth the venture.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Bebop says to forget about Zelda but recommends Elebits. This is why no one listens to him.

Because the latest Zelda is the weakest one to date, and generally just a undwehwleming average game, and at least Elebits is remotely different from other games currently on the market and has a level editor. Vampiro cant use his brain, this is why people regard him to have the worst taste in about everything.

Posted by s0ul

Elebits is the most boring and ***-ugly game I've ever seen. Get Zelda.

Posted by Bebop

Zelda is boring and ugly.

Get Metal Slug.

Posted by Fred333

I would suggest Metroid prime. I got it is is awesome. Also Madden 08, but I like sports games though. Have not played the ***father game yet hope to rent it this weekend and try it.

Posted by Dexter

Madden 08 looks horrible on the Wii. I had fun tossing the Wiimote to throw the ball, but the game is far better on the 360 and isn't a game you need for the Wii. If you want sports, get Mario Strikers Charged.

Posted by Speedfreak

Apparantly the Medal of Honour Wii game sports better controls than Metroid, with a turning speed of half a second. Being a MoH game it's probably pants but if I can get it cheap from work I'll probably pick it up.

Unless you want Smash, Metroid, Mario, No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki you made a pretty big mistake :cool:

Quoted post: and at least Elebits is remotely different from other games currently on the market and has a level editor.

Different != good.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Speedfreak: Apparantly the Medal of Honour Wii game sports better controls than Metroid

I don't think so. I've finished MoH for the Wii and am about 10% through Metroid and I'd say Metroid is easier and generally feels better. When it comes to FPS controls on the Wii, my list goes Metroid, CoD3, then MoH. Far Cry and Red Steel are horrible.

Plus, Vanguard is a pretty ****ty game =/

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Different != good.

If youre buying a Wii than whats the point of not trying something different? Seeing as, you know, thats what the console is about? Its not the best game in the world but seeing as you can gettit cheap now it makes sense to expereiment with it.

Posted by Ant

Vanguard is more so a test of the Wii's ability to handle online play of that caliber. All I know is the more shooten gamez the better amirite vamp?

oh, and experimentation is fine, but when it sucks and they release it to the public then they're trying to make a quick buck. better games will come out in a year when it comes to stuff like that. :cool2:

Quoted post: If youre buying a Wii than whats the point of not trying something different? Seeing as, you know, thats what the console is about? Its not the best game in the world but seeing as you can gettit cheap now it makes sense to expereiment with it.

I bought the Wii for good different games. I'm all for "innovation" and whatnot, but I kinda want to enjoy the game. Plus, it's the fact that you said to not buy Zelda and get Elebits instead. That's the part I found funny.

Posted by Bebop

Throwing things around a room>The worst Zelda game to date

lol

And I repeat: thus, why no one gives a **** about your opinion on games.

Posted by Fred333

I have not played the marios strikers game... how is that?

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Zelda is the best buy. That is all that should be said. Other than that, Mariokart is always a good choice... :)

Posted by maian

Mario Kart isn't out until January.

Anyway, Zelda's only the best if you haven't played it. I'm honestly with Bebop, it's probably the worst 3D one to date. That's not saying it's not amazing, it's just compared to the others...it could be better.

That being said, Metroid is the best. Gawd. Unless you're looking for multiplayer, Metroid is an extremely engaging game with awesome gameplay, tons of depth, and amazing controls. Besides, it's Metroid. What more can be said?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;740759]I don't think so. I've finished MoH for the Wii and am about 10% through Metroid and I'd say Metroid is easier and generally feels better. When it comes to FPS controls on the Wii, my list goes Metroid, CoD3, then MoH. Far Cry and Red Steel are horrible.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;740767]Plus, Vanguard is a pretty ****ty game =/

Nooo, not that one. It's Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 or something, it's not out yet.

Apparantly the Wii controls are completely customisable. You can change the size of the dead zone (or bounding box), how fast it turns and so on.

Oooh, ok. Well I'm not going to hold my breath. It could be good, but after Vanguard, jeez =/

Quoted post: Anyway, Zelda's only the best if you haven't played it. I'm honestly with Bebop, it's probably the worst 3D one to date. That's not saying it's not amazing, it's just compared to the others...it could be better.

Being the worst 3D Zelda still makes it a hell of a lot better than most games.

Posted by Unite

Metal slug
Zelda, buy it before someone tells you it was best game ever made. I remember all hype some of regs on this board were giving it LOL.

Get persona 3 for ps2 instead aleast you get an art book with it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Twilight Princess was basically Nintendo's proof that what gamer's want isn't what they want. Everything everyone was crying out for in a Gamecube Zelda was in the game, yet people didn't like it because it wasn't a surprise.

people are gonna cry and complain no matter what. bawwww it's too zelda, or, bawww isn't not enough like zelda. Can't satisfy fans these days.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Speedfreak: Everything everyone was crying out for in a Gamecube Zelda was in the game, yet people didn't like it because it wasn't a surprise.

It had nothing I wanted.

Posted by Ant

enlighten us in what you would want zeta. more cel-shading?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

More turn-based battling!