What the ****, VGC

Posted by Klarth

What's happened to the community's standards? Why are you all slipping so badly? I hate to go on some kind of elitist colonial nostalgia trip here, but what the ****. It's a necessary evil. To put things in context; back in the day we had a not-so-wonderful member who called himself Bext. He dabbled in extreme otaku faggotry, professed all kinds of desires to fit into the community and made perpetual promises to put an end to his position as a plebian. In short, he was pathetic, ostracised and generally abhorred by everyone here with standards worth a damn. For the longest time, that group was just about everyone.

On the other side of things, let's think about Iris. Didn't she start off as some kind of communal whipping girl as a result of her contemporary idiocy? Sure. And what is she now? In a high place. Why? Because she recognised that being a dumbass isn't a good thing. Hell, the same can be said for Sabredog, Xenos, Hyper... Even me. It's called growing the **** up.

Then there's the other camp to consider: People who started out here a posteriori. Raptor, Altinure, Corrupt, Trigger. Go even further back! Laminator, Neo, Coarse, Negativetrend. It's a distinct advantage to have a brain before sitting down here, but QED: it's not a necessity.

Unfortunately, people of both camps are something of a dying breed. It's far from my intent to make a pile of enemies here, but someone has to play devil's advocate.

Truth is, there seems to be a cut-off point at which almost every single new member remains completely and utterly static for as long as their interest in VGC remains waxed. I could run off a nice, long list of people who haven't progressed a single torr since their registration day - But I'm sure you'll be able to figure out who you are without a hitch. Frankly, the most represented demographic on VGC right now seems to be halfwit cretins who slap each other on the back and guffaw over regurgitated unoriginal half-jokes. I guess it's no small wonder that any average moron kid can appear and instantly gain acceptance in this new, dumbed-down VGC with no effort whatsoever.

Why do you think everyone worth noticing has either left or turned sour?

Shape up.

Posted by Iris

After all the AIM conversations I've had with you, I think my standpoint on this is already clear. Not something you can change since no one's willing to be unaccepted and there's very few people left with the ability to really change how the community perceives individuals.

I know exactly who you're talking about though, Klarth. Thankfully, they pretty much all lump themselves together, so they're easy to identify.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Change is gradual. All the higher-ups on VGC have been here for anywhere between two and six years. The new kids could be making threads like this in 2011.

Posted by Omni

I guess I sorta count as new, even though I was here before, but people do need to be a little bit more original in terms of the things they say and do on this site. I sorta started out as a moron when I came back, but it didn't take me too long to show some kind of uniqueness. Although some people still think I'm a direct copy of certain popular members, those particular members will mostly agree that we're really not all that similar.

Also, I don't watch or obsess over anime and indugle in otaku faggotry and I never have.

Posted by Sable Wind

I'm sorry...

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm with you on that. I actually have the balls to admit I was a moron when I joined. Hell, compared to now I think I was a moron 6 months ago. I'm constantly making an effort to change how I think for the better, and as I do it's making me realise it's just not fun here anymore. What's the point in trying to make the board a better place when half the mods are setting a bad example? The rest of us can't even do anything about it because they've all got eachother's backs.

The more intelligent and mature members are going to start leaving, and when a select few key members leave I will too.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

not to sound like an ***, but I think it's because this is a video game chat message board, and the intelligent and mature members grew up and now work and have other things to do than argue with people who play video games all the time? I know I'm generalizing and being rude, but I think that's the situation. Plus all the hot topics of intelligent debate have been done on here ad nauseum.

Posted by Speedfreak

I know other video game message boards with members much more intelligent, mature and older than the average member here. We still talk about current events, too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm partly inclined to agree with BJ. If I'd just came here this morning as a newbie, I probably wouldn't have an inclination to join. I stay mainly because of my history with other members of VGC.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

man I remember the old days, arguing with reprisal, pre-douchebag sniper, LoS, Raptor, Altinure (wtf happened to him), Freddy's name at the time-I think Metalinferno. I honestly think the arrival of Sabredog and Klart (whatever he was then) kind of killed parts of the board. It got annoyingly cliquey and they acted annoying as hell. Then were supermods like a year later. Right.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Speedfreak]I'm with you on that. I actually have the balls to admit I was a moron when I joined. Hell, compared to now I think I was a moron 6 months ago. I'm constantly making an effort to change how I think for the better, and as I do it's making me realise it's just not fun here anymore.

Yes, I'm like you in that I'm always feeling the need to improve the way I think and act. I'm a perfectionist, so of course at the same time, that also hinders me from making a lot of threads and even posts. If there's one minor flaw (or even if there isn't really anything wrong with it, but I deem it as unacceptable), I'll trash it and won't even bother saying anything. While I have definitely been making an effort to remove myself from that state of mind recently, though, I think it might be to compensate for a feeling of inadequacy about the past. I, like many other people here, look back to the time around when I first joined and think "What the hell was I thinking acting like such an idiot?". I mean, even reading my posts back from 2005 (when I was a mod/super mod!) make me cringe. But, oddly enough, that was at the time where I contributed the most to these forums, which I don't do nearly as much anymore. And why is that, you think? Well, mainly for a lot of the reasons listed above. But no matter how much this place has gone to ****, no matter how much it may suck compared to the "golden era," I'll continue to stick around. And who knows; maybe with that will come some halfway decent contributions from me other than anything music-related and the occasional snide remark. The same can be said for a number of other individuals here as well (no hard feelings, really). And honestly, I'm glad that we still DO have people like netman (Klarth who?!), Xenos, Speedy, s0ul, Anna, Vamp, Dex, and many others that have made a lasting impression on VGC in one way or another, though I don't know how long they'll be sticking around.

P.S. - blah blah blah blah blah blah tl;dr tl;dr hahahaha omg

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I remember Corrupt's very first post on VGC, which was surprisingly unidiotic. Back in the days of the Koopalings! :D

Posted by Corrupt

Ah yeah, I remember my first post as TEH NOTORIOUS TEHBOWSER was something about bashing Metroid Prime, and much to my surprise (and chagrin, somewhat), I didn't get made fun of or even criticized at all! Good times.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My main memory is that you were a relative newbie when I left VGC for a while, then I came back and you were a ****ing super mod. Madness?

Posted by The Judge

I remember back in the day my very first post was a long and very thought out shpiel about time travel, or something to do with that. Afterwards, I started posting regularly. Within time, I considered this almost like a second home, and I'd come here several times a day and post whatever was on my mind. For the most part, I made at least half-way thought-out posts, and for a while it was that if you saw a ridiculously long post, it was by me.

Afterwards, I started making smaller posts, but no less thought out. I got along with a fair amount of people, and it started to come about that I was getting into the VGC drama (of which there was plenty) and I started to see different sides forming, and I would go on one side with certain members liking me and certain ones on the other side hating me.

In time as I got sucked into the VGC drama, I started really caring about what was going on here. I'd get really upset at things that happened, and I based a fair portion of my life on this place. This was the time, if memory serves correctly, that I was a mod. At that time, I really did care about everything that went on here, and my posts were both a mix of long and thought out with short and concise.

Now I remember at some point last year I went on a spam rampage, and was making at least a hundred posts a day, many of which were being deleted on the spot because they were worthless. And when I say worthless, I mean really, really worthless (I just noticed I use the word "really" as a descriptor quite often). That ended quickly.

And now, look at me. By whatever process, I no longer care about, for the most part, anything on this site. I visit DA and rarely read any of the posts, I don't post that much, it's extremely rare I post anything with any deep meaning anymore, and it's only in the rare moment such as now that the mood catches me to write something that's more than a paragraph (or a sentence, for that matter).

So I'm no longer a "contributing" member. I don't keep on top of VGC business any more, and the drama here no longer interests me. From what I've, most of the new members here suck now, though I have noticed a fair amount of new faces post in DA (my only real area of interest). Granted there's still some of you I like more than others, but for the most part, I just come here to check up on whatever catches my attention at the time, make quick little (stupid) posts, and do worthless social experiments that Ant puts me up to (see thread: Dimmu Borgir Rules).

And that's my story. As for my opinion about the topic at hand, yes, I think the state of VGC is in serious decline, but because I don't treat this as a serious part of life any more, I could care less (and that probably debunks my opinion as well).

Long live VGC.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I don't think Klarth was a supermod! @ BJ!

I miss ****ing around on PGA more than the old VGC. But back then (on VGC), I rarely posted out of fear of being ridiculed for an error in my post, or a flaw in my argument. I'd type a reply to pretty much every thread worth replying to, only to change my mind and move onto the next thread. Now that happens with about half of them. That is, when it's actual discussion.

But yeah, PGA. Like, Gollum, Majesty, Sabredog, regnits and regnits, Xenos, Hyper, etc. Actually, Hyper didn't post much. He'd just **** with the board layout!

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: I'm partly inclined to agree with BJ. If I'd just came here this morning as a newbie, I probably wouldn't have an inclination to join. I stay mainly because of my history with other members of VGC.

I feel the same way. It wouldn't take much for me to leave at this point, really, but there are a few fun people here that make it a fun place. I rarely even play games these days, so, if I had stumbled upon VGC today, for example, I probably wouldn't join. Especially if I lurked and saw the **** that goes on here.

@ Klarth: I don't know how much blame you can place on individuals, really. Groupthink clearly dominates behavior amongst the cliques here, and I'm guilty as well. The only reason VGC is sort of fun is because of the stupidity, really. Take that away, and what's left? A bunch of strict, fun-hating video game nerds. There are plenty of pretentious forums out there that serve as an example of this. VGC's charm seems to lie in the things you take issue with. Seriously, sit down and try to think about what it is that VGC has that other places lack. What makes VGC more amusing?

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I sincerely don't give a flying love how accepted I am. What ****es ME off are the 4chan faggots, who do nothing but spout off the same tired memes for the billionth time. There shouldn't be such a love hive mentality. People feel the need to say the same things, just because they think they have to for some reason.

Posted by NES Queen

Its kinda hard to keep the level of maturity/intelligence here above jr. high school level when any post longer than 3 lines is replied to with tldr. plus its sad when a new thread about farts and bowel movements will receive more views and replies than one about the recent Salmonella outbreak.

When I spend time with my younger cousins, I don't expect to carry on discussions about the inherent threat to the UK blood supply 20 years from now due to vCJD. Just like I don't come here and expect any intelligent discussion from, well, anyone. It's merely a way to pass the time between loads of laundry and to take my mind off my looming mortgage payments.

This place is what it is. If you don't like the idioticy, immaturing, spamming, and trolling, well then don't participate or contribute to it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I've been uninterested in the forum since I gave up my music mod position a while back. For some reason I've been posting more lately though. I have no explanation for it either. Maybe it's because college is starting back up? Regardless, I hope some of the other older members post a little bit here and there again as well.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Kinda funny that the most active board is probably Wacko U.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Kinda sad that the most active board is probably Wacko U.

That's more like it.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

True enough.

Posted by Ant

scruffy notices, scruffy don't care.

though I was thinking about this yesterday I decided not to say anything and just sorta move on like everyone else who's already left before me :cookie:

nothing else needs to be said that already hasn't been said by someone else.

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=Corrupt;738696]That's more like it.

I feel too threatened to post anywhere else often, nor do I know enough about anything to post, that's my excuse.

Posted by Omni

Also, it wouldn't kill certain decent people to post outside of the few boards they seem to frequent. Even I occasionally go into the gaming boards. I actually made a thread in the Wii board today.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

[quote=Sable Wind;738705]I feel too threatened to post anywhere else often, nor do I know enough about anything to post, that's my excuse.

Well, I can't entirely disagree. All I really post in is the music board, Wacko U, and a few blogs. Nothing much else seems to be going on.

Posted by Iris

I do the same as Corrupt and Speedy. Not sure if it's entirely improvement as much as it's a wide change in preferences and sense of humor, etc. Still, I look back a bit too often and think a lot of the things I've said and done were silly.

I also agree that if I were to join VGC today, I wouldn't stick around. Maybe Amy Rose would, but I wouldn't. I'm probably only 5 oldies away from leaving.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=NES Queen;738669]Its kinda hard to keep the level of maturity/intelligence here above jr. high school level when any post longer than 3 lines is replied to with tldr. plus its sad when a new thread about farts and bowel movements will receive more views and replies than one about the recent Salmonella outbreak.

When I spend time with my younger cousins, I don't expect to carry on discussions about the inherent threat to the UK blood supply 20 years from now due to vCJD. Just like I don't come here and expect any intelligent discussion from, well, anyone. It's merely a way to pass the time between loads of laundry and to take my mind off my looming mortgage payments.

This place is what it is. If you don't like the idioticy, immaturing, spamming, and trolling, well then don't participate or contribute to it.

Was it really always this stupid?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: man I remember the old days, arguing with reprisal, pre-douchebag sniper, LoS, Raptor, Altinure (wtf happened to him), Freddy's name at the time-I think Metalinferno. I honestly think the arrival of Sabredog and Klart (whatever he was then) kind of killed parts of the board. It got annoyingly cliquey and they acted annoying as hell. Then were supermods like a year later. Right.

I think the fact that I was Klarth just rendered your point completely null.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah but you used to be one of those annoying cliquey 4chan retards at one point anyway.

Posted by Klarth

That goes back to the point I made in the opening post. People progress.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah but you used to be one of those annoying cliquey 4chan retards at one point anyway.

Were you as opinionated as you are now?

Posted by Linko_16

I've been here since '02, which makes me a pretty old member to still be around (it still feels weird). Deep down, I think I have some kind of a complex about being accepted/appreciated, which made me a pretty humble guy who aimed to please when I first came here. I guess I did get accepted, but the few times that the drama centered around me (you know the ones I mean) really upset me due to previously-mentioned complex, but it helped to teach me that I shouldn't care too much about what people think of me; appreciate the compliments, take criticism without taking it personally, and just ignore insults. Thanks for helping me grow up a bit, VGC.

My opinions on the certain things that caused drama for me (you know the ones I mean) may have changed, but my approach to members still hasn't: help the newbies to shape up, suggest they find a new hangout if they have no hope of being accepted, and for Christ's sake, don't be a dick about it.

One way or another, I like to think I get along pretty well here and am appreciated as a member.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, if you want to know when exactly VGC went downhill, you can check the registration dates of all the people who've been here for years and still haven't improved. Unfortunately, people didn't always take the time to help new members to become more respectable, and the ones that stuck around never really grew out of their bad habits. It started happening a lot more by 2004, I guess.

Posted by Klarth

It happened when we changed to vb3.

Not saying that vb3 attracts retards; it's just when it started.

Posted by Dexter

Members talk of how they've gotten better. I think I've gotten worse, intentionally. Better in real life, of course, but worse on VGC, as well as other places online. I've totally dumbed myself down to become more fitting for such an environment. Most of the threads I contribute towards don't need my intelligence, maturity, or professionalism. I come here for fun and to be extra goofy, creepy, etc, or to simply discuss gaming. I don't even try to be better here and I don't feel like I have to or should.

Posted by maian

VB2 days > VB3 :(

Yeah, I registered back in 2002. Wow. Things were a lot different then. I was a stupid retard who was obsessed with fitting in and gettind mod powers, but I still remember the majority of people there, and they were, well, smart. Mature. I could go into any board, and have a good conversation or debate with good members, and it'd still be fun.

Now, every thread isn't really taken seriously, it's not contributed to, or gets derailed. Many things have contributed to this, but I'm not going to get into that. But yes, I agree. VGC kind of sucks now. :) Who knows, maybe it's the members, or maybe it's just that nostalgia factor that a lot of oldies will have. I was, uh, 11 years old when I registered here. Naturally, I'll always have nostalgia for the glory it was to me back then.

I love some of the members here, of course. I'd like to say if they left, I would, but I strangely can't see myself leaving this place. That's kind of sad, but VGC was the website that kind of started my whole entire internet life. I learned how to act on the internet, frequently posting here had me typing so much that I just picked it up myself (When I first joined I was one of those phags who would type with one finger), and I just learned a lot about how to act in life and internets. It sounds retarded, but it's true. Either way, VGC is just the place that's always been on the internet for five, going on six years for me. Even if I would try to leave, I would find myself typing in vgchat.com on my address bar out of habit.

And despite what I said in that above paragraph, I kind of side with The Judge on this one. I love VGC, but I can't find the level of seriousness about it that I used to. It has just kind of declined, and doesn't really offer the kind of fun I used to have on it. That being said, I still post frequently, but in the end, I don't really care much anymore. I just kind of walk in, state my opinion, and walk out.

Either way, VGC has declined. It's been declining for months and years. Every time me, or anyone has tried to do something about it, it hasn't worked. The simple truth of it is that times change. VGC now will never be like VGC then. People act differently, new things happen, and people just change. It's a new era on the internet that has more people not taking it seriously, at least not how people did back then. What can you do?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Most of the threads I contribute towards don't need my intelligence, maturity, or professionalism. I come here for fun and to be extra goofy, creepy, etc, or to simply discuss gaming. I don't even try to be better here and I don't feel like I have to or should.

Bingo. I'll post something relatively long and intelligent if the thread calls for it. Outside of the gaming boards, and even then, most threads don't require it. Most recent example I can think of it the Dimmu Borgir thread. Put some thought into that post and it turns out to be a joke and I completely wasted my time. Oops.

Posted by Klarth

I didn't feel like naming names, but you know, I think I'll start because my mind is completely risk free right now.

The Judge.

Posted by netman

i can hardly make it worth my while to post here.

Although maybe its because im constantly growing, while others aren't. I'm impressed certain people did grow up though.

fyi i used to be netman in case anyone is confused :mad:

Posted by Ant

Quoting netman: I didn't feel like naming names, but you know, I think I'll start because my mind is completely risk free right now.

The Judge.

in reference to what? the beginning of this supposed decline? if so, get off it. he hardly even posts anymore, and from what I can tell the "problem" still persists now. so I don't see how he could be considered a culprit in this whole scheme of things.

or is it because he made a thread in which you disagree with recently and it's still fresh on your mind?

Posted by Klarth

No, it's because he's a pestilence and he's mindblowingly thick. For whatever reason he chooses to flaunt both of these qualities as positive aspects of his plastic personality.

The next name is Arcadios.

Posted by Ant

itt: people klarth doesn't like.

Posted by Klarth

[Stupid acronym]: People ruining **** for everybody.

Posted by The Judge

Sometimes it really does amaze me how much of a little ***** you can be. I hardly post outside of DA, and even then I don't post much on any given day. You just don't like me and I recently upset you so now you seem to think that if I leave the content of the site will magically be better, like it's solely me that's responsible for the lack of quality posts here. I don't see how you can go off on the quality of VGC anyways, you miserable troll. When's the last time you've done anything ****ing amazing for this site except make a thread where you tell everyone else to shape up?

I'm not going anywhere no matter how badly you want me to. Deal with it.

Posted by Klarth

No, honestly, you don't upset me. True, I'm not particularly fond of you, but it still boggles me that you manage to remain resplendent in your ignorance even at the tender age of twenty-one. As an aside; I don't give a **** about what you do in your blog.

I'm not trolling. I'm being honest. I'm being reasonable.

[quote]When's the last time you've done anything ****ing amazing for this site except make a thread where you tell everyone else to shape up?
You know, I've never done anything amazing for the place. Funnily enough, nor have you, so it's far from your right to call me out on that.

Posted by Sable Wind

Yeah, I have to agree with Judgey on this one. He doesn't really post anywhere outside of DA. That's not really doing much--I mean, I love you Jack, but it seems to me like you're taking your remaining irritation out on him. :/ Who's done more isn't really applicable in this situation, as I doubt we count community service points here anyway. But on a proactive note, both of you stop.

Posted by Klarth

I'm not targeting him specifically here. Sure, I brought him up as a major source of irritation, but it doesn't go as far as SERIOUS INTERNET HATRED!!!!. I'm sick of him and his kin wasting opportunity as if life is just an endless string of trivial second chances. Exhibiting yourself as a ship of fools will only bring you down in the long run.

Posted by The Judge

You're being reasonable? By telling me I'm the reason VGC's overall quality is in decline?

Also, I'm not entirely sure what subject you're calling my ignorance on. Music? Mechanics? Rocket Science? Please, tell me what it is that I'm getting so wrong that makes you think I'm just a notch above a retard.

And I'll call you on not making a big improvement to VGC as much as I want. It's the least I can do after being called the biggest problem on VGC. If you're so much better than me, where are your medals?

Posted by Klarth

[quote]It's the least I can do after being called the biggest problem on VGC
when i say this
[quote]If you're so much better than me, where are your medals?
when i say this

Posted by Acheron

Quoting The Judge: Sometimes it really does amaze me how much of a little ***** you can be. I hardly post outside of DA, and even then I don't post much on any given day. You just don't like me and I recently upset you so now you seem to think that if I leave the content of the site will magically be better, like it's solely me that's responsible for the lack of quality posts here. I don't see how you can go off on the quality of VGC anyways, you miserable troll. When's the last time you've done anything ****ing amazing for this site except make a thread where you tell everyone else to shape up?

I'm not going anywhere no matter how badly you want me to. Deal with it.

you know, you could have cut that post down to just the asterisks and "deal with it" without losing any of the meaning.

just sayin'.

Posted by Stalolin

i was about to come in here and say "BUT KLARTH you've been insulting people in threads outside of the community/wacko board, that doesn't seem like progression =(" but then I noticed that the post you made against Judge just got changed into a post about Eva movie torrents.

wouldn't want you to be a hypocrite, that pretty much kills any arguments you've got

Posted by Klarth

Hey Judge don't you have something to say! After all you seem to have declared yourself "the biggest problem on VGC" so you should probably engage in self-defense against your own bold allegations!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Stalolin: i was about to come in here and say "BUT KLARTH you've been insulting people in threads outside of the community/wacko board, that doesn't seem like progression =(" but then I noticed that the post you made against Judge just got changed into a post about Eva movie torrents.

wouldn't want you to be a hypocrite, that pretty much kills any arguments you've got

Well considering Judge is apparently the biggest problem on VGC I should probably go about fixing things up.

Besides I decided that wasn't very nice. I shouldn't take things out of context.

Or drink myself stupid.

OH WASIO TI AM DRUNAK I C ANT TYEAPE

Posted by Stalolin

Right, but just do it in here.

Community board is the equivalent of the flame board, so keep it in here if you want to help the forum with this.

Posted by Klarth

Next name is Dexter for devolving from a respectable, eclectic, offbeat person into a foam-mouthed creepy bastard.

Posted by mis0

Wow Jack, you make a thread about problems at VGC stemming from immature behavior, and then you CAUSE PROBLEMS STEMMING FROM IMMATURE BEHAVIOR IN THE VERY SAME THREAD!

How on earth did this happen, I wonder?!

Posted by Klarth

Guys where are my medals? I can't seem to find them

Posted by Klarth

Quoting mis0: Wow Jack, you make a thread about problems at VGC stemming from immature behavior, and then you CAUSE PROBLEMS STEMMING FROM IMMATURE BEHAVIOR IN THE VERY SAME THREAD!

How on earth did this happen, I wonder?!

Ho-hum; vicious circle time.

Interpretation's the name of the game, brother. In the eyes of some, I seemingly can't call another out on his faults without emulating those faults myself. It's a matter of perspective.

Posted by mis0

Quoting netman: Ho-hum; vicious circle time.

Interpretation's the name of the game, brother. In the eyes of some, I seemingly can't call another out on his faults without emulating those faults myself. It's a matter of perspective.

I don't think you can necessarily justify things that way simply because of the people in question (Judge). Not to mention the fact that, last time I checked, you were a regular troll who didn't care much for VGC outside of cheap entertainment.

I must say that, coming from you, these revelations about the state of this forum don't mean much. Honestly, you're not really in a credible enough position to basically call people on their faults, regardless of the legitimacy of your claims. That's what I see from my perspective.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Honestly, you're not really in a credible enough position to basically call people on their faults, regardless of the legitimacy of your claims.
That's where what you're saying collapses. Are you trying to say that despite the fact that my claims are legitimate (and, I'm assuming (and hoping) this is your perspective; backed), I can't possibly be credible? That doesn't add up at all.

I think if you're going to call people out on experiments in incitement, you ought to [url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=25855]observe[/url] other [url=http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=738574&postcount=7]members[/url] in their natural habitat.

Posted by Iris

Everyone's a culprit, Klarth's calling out the people who remain one though. The list is still a lot longer.

But to be perfectly honest, Klarth certainly wasn't helping the situation no more than 3 months ago. It doesn't debunk his argument, but it does keep people from considering what he says is true.

Posted by mis0

The reason I say you lack credibility, Jack, is because I could easily find examples of you flaunting a "lol VGC SUCKS I'M APATHETIC ABOUT VGC TROLL TROLL" attitude. Granted, they may not be as recent as today, but your previous behavior was certainly undesirable to say the least and I don't think the weeks or months that seperate your current "reform" from the past mean much. IF you hadn't acted the way you did in the past, I probably wouldn't be taking issue with your position.

What I mean to say is this: while I may agree with your position about the general state of VGC, I don't think you're one to take fault with others given the extreme regression you displayed not long ago. And it would seem that you're rehashing your old feud with Judge under the guise of wanting to do good for the community. Given past experience, I'm almost led to believe that this may be your new method of attempting to stir the pot considering how things have settled.

I'm just honestly convinced about your motives, and there should be no stretch of the imagination on your part to see why I'm not. Like you aptly put it, it is simply a matter of perspective. To me this whole "let's shape up guys" campaign seems much more like a venue for ruffling feathers (particularly those of people you dislike) than anything else.

Posted by Iris

There's no way to know Klarth's motives, but I've had many conversation with him and others about this very topic and its cause, and I know this isn't something Klarth decided to cook up overnight to cause drama or any sort of epiphany.

Posted by Zac

the problem with VGC is people like raptor and kodachi

Posted by The Judge

You're right Klarth. I admit my own faults.

...That changed a lot.

Posted by The Judge

So now what do we do?

Posted by cool gamer dad

This thread is a rampage. :[

Posted by Dexter

No individual is to blame for whatever downfall you feel is happening to VGC. A good mixture of members that balance out decently interesting arguments and typical discussions does help, but a seemingly disappointed downfall is probably due more to lack of old, good members and their absences rather then new, crappy members. Raptor was awesome. That's the part of VGC I miss most.

Klarth's logic reminds me of an old Speedfreak and a sometimes current Bebop. His arguments seem more personal to me and he does come off as someone who is simply trying to stir up classic VGC drama to make time here more interesting for himself. Difficult to take seriously, but still interesting to observe. Keeper.

And The Judge doesn't come off as dumb to me. I like him and the character he brings to the forums. I think he does more good than harm for this community, even if he isn't around too often. Keeper.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I would like to say that I have evolved since I first came here. While I am still a stubborn, argumentative, jerk, I've shifted from neo-conservative to moderate etc etc (except abortion, I admit). I have grown up. I applaud myself. I suck my own penis in humility

Posted by Ant

it's basically that if no one else is making long, elaborate posts then no one else really feels the complusion to do the same. this thread is a prime example as such.

as for klarth, I'm sure he had no intention of getting in a "feud" with judge, it just sort of happened, which is classic vgc for your right thur.

as a little side note I find it funny how a few select oldies have showed up in this thread to make a post and disappear again, who linked them here?

Posted by The Judge

Quoting netman: I didn't feel like naming names, but you know, I think I'll start because my mind is completely risk free right now.

The Judge.

Looks like your statement wasn't completely risk free.

I've got it. I've solved the problem.

The reason VGC is the way it is: The admin is Jesse Smith. That's not the only problem, but that's one of them if you ask me. Nothing really gets done. And because nothing gets done it's just like "who cares?" and then everyone accepts that way of thinking and breeds it.

If I recall correctly, mods once proposed to crack down on "spam" and no one would stand for it. That's not what we as members wanted. We just wanted to shoot the ****. And here we are.

Sounds about right. I also blame myself. Nearly 20,000 posts of utter ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

When we're serious on the internet, we get the 'THE INTERNET, ITS SERIOUS BUSINESS' scphiel, then when we relax and take everything jokingly, we get chastised for kidding around.

It's hard to keep up. :(

Quoted post: When we're serious on the internet, we get the 'THE INTERNET, ITS SERIOUS BUSINESS' scphiel,

Only appropriate when someone takes something dead serious when it shouldn't be. Like I'd say "**** you, buddy" and then you'd write up a six paragraph rant about why I should **** myself.

Seriously though, if you ask me, the gaming boards as an example is pretty okay. The conversation is usually light but serious. Sure it gets derailed, but so what?

Posted by Jesse Smith

What da wack!!! Is netman actually Klarth!!! :eek:

Quoting netman: What's happened to the community's standards? Why are you all slipping so badly?

Shape up.

er, could some one translate da original post in to English!!! If this is actually Klarth, is he flaming himself for geting people to want him banned!!!!

Quoting mis0: The only reason VGC is sort of fun is because of the stupidity, really. Take that away, and what's left? A bunch of strict, fun-hating video game nerds.

aka...we need all da n00bies we can get, and we need to try to keep them as n00bies, living down in Wacko University!!! :D:D

Quoting NES Queen: Its sad when a new thread about farts and bowel movements will receive more views and replies than one about the recent Salmonella outbreak.

Don't forget to mention it's a lady that makes all those posts, not us guys!! :D

Quoting Iris: I also agree that if I were to join VGC today, I wouldn't stick around. Maybe Amy Rose would, but I wouldn't. I'm probably only 5 oldies away from leaving.

Bring back Amy Rose da Pink Hedgehog what ever her name was... :amy: :amy: :amy:

Quoting maian: I strangely can't see myself leaving this place.

er, you NEVER wanna say you'll never leave!! Remember what happened to da last member that said that!!! Any one seen The Duckfather around!!!!! :D:D:D

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The reason VGC is the way it is: The admin is Jesse Smith. That's not the only problem, but that's one of them if you ask me. Nothing really gets done. And because nothing gets done it's just like "who cares?" and then everyone accepts that way of thinking and breeds it.

er, has some one made a poll yet about da dead boards!!! :D

And thus, the source.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][FONT=Tahoma] Seriously though, if you ask me, the gaming boards as an example is pretty okay. The conversation is usually light but serious. Sure it gets derailed, but so what?[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT]Derailing for XBox is always appropriate.

As for the apparent decline in post quality at VGC, I have to say - what benefit is there to posting tl;dr rants most of the time? Like Acheron pointed out with the Judge's post, it could be condensed into swears and a few words. People seem to be equating intelligence to superfluous language and notably long posts, but the majority of the content is going round in circles, as we rarely tend to listen to each other. It's usually a tit-tat fight that can be condensed into something like (taking abortion as an example):

'WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE'
'LIFE IS PRECIOUS'
'BUT WOMAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECIDE BETWEEN ABORTION AND KEEPING A BABY'
'I VALUE HUMAN LIFE'
'IDORT'

It's just the same replies, ran through a thesaurus. We've had the abortion threads, the Iraq war threads, the capital punishment threads, and other done-to-death discussions. We can't just revive threads of unnecessarily long posts just to 'improve' VGC. Personally, I believe most of the VGC regulars are intelligent enough, but really I come here to shoot the **** and little else.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Jesse Smith;739119]er, has some one made a poll yet about da dead boards!!! :D

There was a poll in the original thread. :(

Yeah... that's the point. He knows it's there and his post is saying "lol not doing it."

Posted by Klarth

[quote=The X]what benefit is there to posting tl;dr rants most of the time?
Obviously none if the net response in every case is going to be tl;dr.

You missed his point. No one wants to read that **** when it can be condensed into two or three sentences. That, and most are part of arguments that constantly repeat the same two beliefs repeatedly.

"tl;dr version:" exists for a reason.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=netman;739136]Obviously none if the net response in every case is going to be tl;dr.

Sometimes it's a wall of text, sometimes it's a round-in-circles argument, and sometimes it's generally people waving their intellectual penis around by running their mouth unnecessarily. In most intellectual VGC discussions, the long arguments are read, but occasionally a tl;dr has to be used to tell posters - 'Hey, dude, you're just rambling now.'

Posted by Omni

I support responsible use of tl;dr and stopped reading, because I've seen occasions where I had to use them. The people who use them as a tool to ignore things are annoying.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting Ant: as a little side note I find it funny how a few select oldies have showed up in this thread to make a post and disappear again, who linked them here?

jack will link me here every few months. first time that happened i made minimally funny posts and got a heaping of rep.

next time i deliberately tried to be as useless, offensive, and trollish as possible. i still got a heaping of rep. it's like i'm Hulk Hogan or something, where I can pretty much **** into the other wrestler's mouth while smashing his balls with a tire iron and insulting hometown sports teams into the mic, and still have the fans cheering for me.

when the hell did i become so reppable.

anyway, it seems as if this time i am briefly popping in to make short, vague statements that could be construed as comments on vgc's current state. and i've already gotten like a hundred rep out of it.

Posted by Ant

I tried to de-rep you there but I couldn't. Sorry.

Posted by Shade

Klarth: Lighten the **** up. It's the internet.

That's about all I have to say on this subject.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

****, it's hard swimming through all those words

Posted by Jesse Smith

I think we better add a 'too long; didn't read' to this thread!!! :eek:

It takes drama for people to prove they can make posts with more than 10 words in it!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Omni

Do it, but you have to watch out because Speedfreak will delete your post if you tl;dr it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think it's funny how I didn't know klarth started this thread when I insulted him. Sorry dude, but your little group were major tools when you showed up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Omni;739271]Do it, but you have to watch out because Speedfreak will delete your post if you tl;dr it.

... Because it's a waste of a post. I'm not on the same page as Speedfreak on a lot of things, but he's justified in deleting a four letter acronym that achieves nothing. I know I said above that tl;dr is sometimes necessary, but you can't blame mods if that's all your post contains.

Posted by mis0

The acronym isn't the problem, it's the users of it. There are a few who do it far more often than the rest of the member base, and it's irritating. In general, people who don't bother to put effort into reading a post probably don't have an opinion worth sharing.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I think it's funny how I didn't know klarth started this thread when I insulted him. Sorry dude, but your little group were major tools when you showed up.

I know.

Am I the only one that doesn't see the use of "tl;dr" being all the frequent? At least as frequent as many people are making it out to be? Seriously...

Posted by Jesse Smith

I had never even seen tl;dr until this thread!!!! I had to use Google to figure out what it ment!! Some n00bies *cough*Klarth*cough* freak out at seeing it just once!!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, everyone that's complaining about it is blowing it out of proportion. Though that's typical of VGC. Same with with "ZOMG all the 4chan references!" Neither are/were the root of any of VGC's "problems" but they still came up for whatever reason.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting Ant: I tried to de-rep you there but I couldn't. Sorry.

don't worry about it man.

it's the thought that counts.

I got it for you, don't worry.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;739015]Klarth's logic reminds me of an old Speedfreak

Whoa whoa, hold the thread for a second. Apparantly I'm some kind of paradigm. Please, do explain this!

Also, shouldn't that be "young" Speedfreak? ;)

Posted by Klarth

Who is Klarth?

Posted by Ant

that joke got old about 3 months ago. you're so immature. you're the problem with vgc

Posted by KoH

I differentiate myself from all of you by admitting that I was a moron when I joined. :)

Posted by Fate

This whole thread is gay. PROBLEM WITH VGC

Posted by mis0

Quoting KoH: I differentiate myself from all of you by admitting that I was a moron when I joined. :)

I sincerely believe I behave much worse now then when I joined.

Posted by G-Sides

yeah i was a moron when i joined but who cares, i was 11 :\ stay here long enough and you're bound to get better (unless you're a total ignorant douche a la sean fury) and i might not make long *** rants but i can post quality stuff sometimes i guess.

there are some people who take this site too seriously and learn to lay off (a la feion caster) and then there are some people who just don't give a **** (a la jesse smith) but i mean in the end no one is better or more important than anyone else on this website. it's a ******* message board for video games. i know you might grow to like or know these members but gd. :s who cares.

Posted by KoH

I was 13-14. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Posted by s0ul

I don't think there's really any matter of VGC getting worse, I think it's just that the longer you stay here the more you realize what does and doesn't matter. When I hit the climax of VGC's importance to me, it just dissipated from there. The 'serious business' nonsense bothers me a lot, because we are all people here after all, there's really no reason some things shouldn't be taken seriously, but it's really amazing how important this place was to me and how casual it is for me now. I'm still here all the time, but now it's more of a background page. Maybe it's just because everyone stopped taking it so seriously that it just became less interesting, or maybe it's just because I did that. It's like everyone that was really into it a while ago has gotten all the importance that they wanted out of it, everyone they wanted to get to know better, they have gotten to do outside of VGC and just kind of said to hell with the rest.

TL;DR: times they are a-changin'

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting G-Sides: there are some people who just don't give a **** (a la jesse smith).

Now now, I'm just a little lazy!!!!! Ask any one who's asked me to change there name, or blog name, blog mod....how long it took for that to be done!!!!

er, are we talking about some poll I missed!!!! :D

Posted by Klarth

Quoting KoH: I differentiate myself from all of you by admitting that I was a moron when I joined. :)

You're late. Two people have already made similar statements in this thread.

WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU READ.

Posted by G-Sides

i can read :jesse:

Posted by Xenos

I think a few stupid members every now and then makes the world a bit more fun, but its just me. I remember back then I had so much fun going around and trolling or being stupid myself. Perhaps I feel that VGC is a little too stagnant.

Nowadays, I hang out at another forum called GamingWorld which I am twice as active in - not to mention I still carry the whole thing where I am pretending to be a twenty-two Middle Eastern guy named Cassim Hassan and starting all over because I want the experience again. Ah well, I am a sick and twisted little bastard.

I think my lack of posts here is because there's just nothing new around. Granted, when the fat otaku girl started posting her pictures and drama ensued, my interest was quickly renewed and I made twenty posts in that day alone. Also Soul's point is well-taken. For me, I guess its a combination between that and the fact that its the usual circle-jerk around here.

Ah well, maybe things will shape up a little bit.

Posted by Jesse Smith

In five years, da next generation of posters will be thinking of 2007 when they think of nostalgia, while hopefully most you you guys will be grown up raising a family :eek:, and finally figured out this isn't da place to be when trying to gain IQ or be serious, and todays n00bies will be da Super Moderators!!! :D

Posted by Xenos

what next generation

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! For da internet, five years is more than a generation!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Case in point: Most of you guys wern't posting here over five years ago!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Xenos

Case in point: there aren't a lot of new members joining

All spam bots and puppet accounts!

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: All spam bots and puppet accounts!

I was the last good person to join this site.

Posted by Shade

I take offense to that.

Posted by Omni

You joined before my current membership to this site.

Posted by Xero

I wanted to stay out of this "debate" but after reading most of this thread, I figured I'd state my point no matter how stupid it might be to netman's picky eyes.

Quoting netman:
Truth is, there seems to be a cut-off point at which almost every single new member remains completely and utterly static for as long as their interest in VGC remains waxed.

Well that's the way it is. When you lose interest for a forum, you don't keep posting (and waste time) because the rest of the community wants as many active members as possible. They don't give a ****. Every forum is like this and it's always been like this. Some stay because they enjoy having semi-intelligent conversations with us. But that's about it.

Quoting netman: I could run off a nice, long list of people who haven't progressed a single torr since their registration

Wow Netman. This is a forum on the internet. Stop taking this so seriously. If some members annoy you that much with their idiotic posts, then put them on your ignore list and you won't have to suffer anymore. Stop always stating how superior you are and put anyone you don't like down. Maybe some haven't "progressed" like you said, but I couldn't care less. I don't mind most members because...I guess it's because I'm just nice. I'll get annoyed and state it when a member obviously goes out of his/her way to post whatever (Junior Senior and Roger Smith), but that's about as far as I'll go.
As for me, I used to care about whether I progressed or not, but now I'm just posting because I enjoy my time here. Whether someone makes a thread saying I'm still a useless peice of **** member or not won't stop me from posting.

Quoting netman: I guess it's no small wonder that any average moron kid can appear and instantly gain acceptance in this new, dumbed-down VGC with no effort whatsoever.

Because this is the super intellect forum for clever modest people only. We can't start banning or telling off any member that displeases us because otherwise, we would barely get any new members around here and this place would slowly die.

Posted by KoH

[quote=netman;739813]You're late. Two people have already made similar statements in this thread.

WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU READ.

That's a good... question? (No question mark :( ) But in response, I have this to say:

Have you readthe average VGC post? If so, you'll understand why I didn't bother reading the majority of this thread. :)

Posted by Axis

I've joined various boards the past couple of years, and every time I come back to this board, I realize what a ****-hole this place has become. This is actually probably the first time I have checked the Off-Topic/Community, whatever the hell it is, in *** knows how long. I guess it is because of the incredibly stupid arguments this place has. Anyways, I pretty much agree with Xero 100%.

Posted by Oforia

All of you are idiots.

This forum isn't serious.

shape up.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Newbie's worthless opinion: Since I have no experience of this forum's past, I'm only able to judge its quality from the other forums I have been in. My prior forum membership didn't perpare me at all for VGC, really. I was so used to suck-ups in other forums that I had no reason to use a thick skin. Not here.

What I see this forum having:

This forum does a very good job of making sure anyone who cares about fitting in, WON'T fit in.

This forum has a lot of arguments which inevitably end with one person calling the other an idiot for careing too much about what they said on the internet.

This forum has a lot of back peddeling, which is surprising if the concept of the internet being supposedly so in-important as a whole that so much opinion defending takes place.

This forum has smarties, forum doctors, debators, trolls, weeabos, weeabos in denial, bad spellers, and bored members, who post a lot of crap. (harsh? not really)

Being the hated / liked (depending on who you are) newbie, and, since some of you may have been curious what some new members were seeing, I posted this. I think the forum is great, and complex

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I never really think too much about if I have progressed or regressed during my stay here. Chances are, it's been more of the latter. Most of my messages are only a few scant lines of drivel, but they seem to get whatever i'm trying to say across(hopefully anyway).

Posted by G-Sides

well lol
so the point of this thread was to list off everything wrong with vgc and everyone can be like "oh yes you're right" and then no one tries to fix anything?
HOW
SILLY
IS
THIS
VGC

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I like things the way they are right now. Honestly.

Posted by Fate

You know what's great? This site. Good job, Jesse, for getting me laid.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Fate: Good job, Jesse, for getting me laid.

What the *beep*??!!! :eek: er, which guy did you meet from here??!!! :D

Posted by Fate

Don't pretend!

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Posted by Fate

Come on, take a WILD guess.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm guessing it was (wacko1337)!!!!!! Admit it (wacko1337)!!!!! :D

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

me next, jesse! me next!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: I'm guessing it was Xero!!!!!! Admit it Xero!!!!! :D

lol. Fate got laid with a username hack.

Posted by Skitzo Control

...I think Jesse Smith just accused Fate of being a slut.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! She said to take a while guess, like it's already been made public that some one here...got her laid, so I guessed (wacko1337)!!!! Though (wacko1337) was a really crazy choice!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yes, but the fact that the username hack is like you naming everyone simply reveals that you think she got laid by everyone. Perhaps you should think better about what you say!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!!! When you have no idea who it is...da only way to get it right is using da username hack!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Omni

(wacko1337) had sex with Fate? I'm not surprised.

Quoted post: so the point of this thread was to list off everything wrong with vgc and everyone can be like "oh yes you're right" and then no one tries to fix anything?
HOW
SILLY
IS
THIS
VGC

People argued against what others thought was wrong with this site. So nothing was actually agreed upon. Thus, nothing fixed. Also: this happens about every six months.

Posted by Zac

the problem with vgc is people like xero

Posted by Ant

Quoting Omni: Ant had sex with Fate? I'm not surprised.

I was wondering why my name was here. had to check the previous page.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zac: the problem with vgc is people like xero

What have I done? Who are you?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Ant: I was wondering why my name was here. had to check the previous page.

Me too, but it was moreso because Omni's 0's don't look any different from O's!

Posted by Fate

Quoting Xero: What have I done? Who are you?

Zac is someone you should get to know immediately.

Posted by Zac

You neg repped me when I spoke the truth!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! If it wasn't for that -rep, you wouldn't be exactly half way to 666 rep points!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zac: the problem with VGC is people like raptor and kodachi

Quoting Zac: You neg repped me when I spoke the truth!

Both of them aren't posting here anymore. That's why I de-repped you.

Does that make me such a terrible member? I think I have the right to disagree with you.

Posted by Zac

Their many years of posting has stained VGC forever

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zac: Their many years of posting has stained VGC forever

What did they post that made VGC so bad? Explain yourself.

Posted by Iris

Seems like you just dislike them on a fursonal level, but on the other paw, they did occasionally act like dumbtails. :garfield:

Posted by Xero

I know for sure that Raptor had no patience for stupidty and so he was really harsh towards some people. But that's rather common with a couple of members here.
And as for Kodachi, I never read the stuff she posted.

Posted by Zac

Raptor's a stupid furry that's full of himself and Kodachi is a *****

Posted by Xero

I stand by my disagreement.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zac: Raptor's a stupid furry that's full of himself and Kodachi is a *****

I would've de-repped you again for this post if I could.

Posted by Zac

These are facts, why am I getting neg repped for facts?

Posted by Fate

I am disappointed, VGC. Opinions are facts around here so cut the guy some slack.

Posted by Zeta

The only opinions that are facts are my own.

Posted by Zac

I don't understand how anyone could like kodachi. I guess if you are into your dogs mating raptor could be an ok person.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Raptor was just about da most intelligent humanoid to ever walk vgchat, if not THE most intelligent humanoid to ever walk vgchat, when it comes to making posts that n00bies would reply with tl;dr!! He actually made good loooooong posts!!!! egad...complimenting da King of da Hackers!!! *gags*

If I had my way there would be 100 members just like Raptor...minus da hacking!!! egad...what am I saying!!! Some one, hit me on da head with a hammer!!!! :bash:

Here's a good loooong post he made, when Real One Bjarni came back once...

[quote=Raptor]No, I refuse to welcome back a worthless poster who never contributed a thing of value, and whose personality was not only entirely feigned, it also wasn't the slightest bit interesting. This is yet another example of how idiotic behaviour is so much more highly regarded than intelligent insight. This is the kind of thing that is bringing VGC down to its knees, in my book. No, it's bringing VGC down ever further down than that, more like down to its elbows, sinking into a deep pit of quicksand. This pit of quicksand is so deep, in fact, that it goes all the way to the Earth's core, and that's how low VGC seems to be going lately. It's sinking rapidly into a deep pit of quicksand. That's such a brilliant analogy, isn't it, it's so appropriate to describe the sordid state of affairs around here. *** guys, it's so depressing that I have to be ashamed to even look at this place fifty times a day. It's descending into utter mediocrity in my book, and if things aren't improved soon, it will all be dead and what was once a great community will soon be wasted, in my book. We all need to get together and make a unified effort to help this place improve, but threads like these are just making this place worse and worse. This is seriously really sad, because this place means so much to me. If VGC were a person I would sacrifice my life just so it had another day to live, yet you are all abusing it, taking it for granted, welcoming back horrible n00bs like bjarni. You clowns are making me sick. I just...I just...I just...I just...I just...don't know what to think. I'm absolutely pulling my fur out right now, and tears are welling up in my eyes. My entire world is crashing down around me all thanks to you guys.

WALL OF TEXT

Posted by Zac

he likes watching deer have sex

Posted by Fate

That's got to be the gayest post I've ever seen from Raptor.

mediocrity is still pretty good.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[FONT=Monaco][quote=Raptor]I'm absolutely pulling my fur out right now, and tears are welling up in my eyes.
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Silver]GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Perhaps it's for the best that VGC has moved on.
[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I liked how he spelt everything all British-like and wasn't British

Posted by Sable Wind

I do the same thing but it's just because I like how the British words look better--except for the "me" on the end of some words. Does that make me a bad person? :O I spell them the AMERICAN WAY on essays and such. :P

Posted by Iris

Yeah, it kind of does, Anna!

I read it the same regardless, but the "it's more proper and intelligent to write it with a 'u'" excuse is completely stupid and a terrible attempt at looking intellectual.

Posted by Sable Wind

No Iris, British people are obviously more intelligent than we are. That's why I spell it that way. I want to be credible, okay?

Posted by Iris

I know you weren't using that excuse. Raptor did though, saying it was the "right way," as if it made him modern and intelligent.

Posted by Speedfreak

Raptor was intelligent and mature, but unfortunately a cunt.

Posted by Trigger

This board has very little left for me here, most of the topics have either been done or are being repeated with the same answers as last time. Personally, I think "netman" needs to spend more time worrying about his own life and ensuring he is not missing is own opportunities than he does parenting this forum as though the members are some children that lack discipline.

Perhaps a good portion of members at this forum need to do the same, but at the end of the day, I suppose that I don't care too much about what any of you say or do around here. It's not because I think you all are vile wastes of Internet space, but rather that it'll be your time wasted and not mine. All I have to do is just keep scrolling down, until I spot something decent and legitimate to read.

In the context of things, I think that I would prefer to read members bickering about the latest iPod and which MP3 player is the best than read a nine-page thread arguing about something none of you will actually be able to solve by throwing insults and meaningless words around - unless you're lucky enough to find a workable solution which everyone will follow and not just the 0.1% of the forum population.

tl;dr?

Posted by Kamek

I miss when this place used to be fun =[.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh, this place is fun!!! Down in Wacko University!!! :D:D:D:D There's a WackoHater there that we drive insane!!! :D:D:D

Posted by maian

Yeah guys, Wackohater is a REAL person!

Jesse Smith, your administration sucks.

More than before.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now, don't say all you mods stink!!! I'm da only lazy one around here!!! :D:D:D:D Now, you guys need to make that poll about those dead boards!!! Why do we have a dead Animal Crossing forum!!!!! Last post: 04-06-2007 06:51 PM :eek: Only six of da threads have been touched...this year!!!!!!! :eek:

er...!!! Something is wrong with that picture!!!!

Quoted post: I know you weren't using that excuse. Raptor did though, saying it was the "right way," as if it made him modern and intelligent.

It's funny because that's how Canadians spell their words too. There goes the intelligent bit, amirite?

Posted by Iris

Pretty much completely out the window.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I love being Canadian.

Posted by The Judge

So after nine pages of discussion (or bickering), what exactly has changed?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=The Judge;741969]So after nine pages of discussion (or bickering), what exactly has changed?

five*

Nothing has changed, because nothing needs to change.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Jesse Smith: Now now, don't say all you mods stink!!! I'm da only lazy one around here!!! :D:D:D:D Now, you guys need to make that poll about those dead boards!!! Why do we have a dead Animal Crossing forum!!!!! Last post: 04-06-2007 06:51 PM :eek: Only six of da threads have been touched...this year!!!!!!! :eek:

er...!!! Something is wrong with that picture!!!!

you remember how we made that poll to ask for certain boards to be deleted? and how that was one of them?

Posted by G-Sides

it's been long decided that animal crossing needed to go and other forums should go in, like MGS, halo, final fantasy, etc etc, you're just a lazy admin :/

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Kamek;741634]I miss when this place used to be fun =[.

I agree with you, and do you know why its not fun? We don't have any new and interesting people anymore.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The Judge: So after nine pages of discussion (or bickering), what exactly has changed?

Well most of us disagreed with Netman so I don't think anything had to change.
And for new members, we can only hope there will be a new wave soon. The intro board has been pretty dead in the past weeks :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

All da new members get banned!!! :( Like Hurricane Katrina!!!! :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: All da new members get banned!!! :( Like Hurricane Katrina!!!! :(

Lol. Jesse doesn't want puppet accounts to get banned. :cookie:

All new members get banned because all new members are spam bots or puppets.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting netman: What's happened to the community's standards? Why are you all slipping so badly? I hate to go on some kind of elitist colonial nostalgia trip here, but what the ****. It's a necessary evil.

On the other side of things, let's think about Iris. Didn't she start off as some kind of communal whipping girl as a result of her contemporary idiocy? Sure. And what is she now? In a high place. Why? Because she recognised that being a dumbass isn't a good thing. Hell, the same can be said for Sabredog, Xenos, Hyper... Even me. It's called growing the **** up.

Then there's the other camp to consider: People who started out here a posteriori. Raptor, Altinure, Corrupt, Trigger. Go even further back! Laminator, Neo, Coarse, Negativetrend. It's a distinct advantage to have a brain before sitting down here, but QED: it's not a necessity.

Why do you think everyone worth noticing has either left or turned sour?

Shape up.

psst, learn how to practice what you preach!!!! Now, try to be friends with Gargomon251, he could be our next Super Moderator!!!! :eek: :D

*bump* :D

Posted by Linko_16

There's something to be said about trying to be nice to people who are stupid, but mean well. The same cannot be said to people who are stupid and also donkeyholes.

Quoting Omni: Linko_16 had sex with Fate? I'm not surprised.

Believe it.

Posted by coromoro

I love reading these old dramatic threads. :cool:

Posted by #061402

Whoa, I gotta get on reading this one later on.

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Kamek: I miss when this place used to be fun =[.

I miss when the internet used to be fun =[.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Kaptain Kutlass: I miss when the internet used to be fun =[.

seconded.

Posted by #061402

What the hell made the internet boring in the first place?

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting Jesse Smith: Here's a good loooong post he made, when Real One Bjarni came back once...

MY NAME IS BJARNI COOL AND I LOOOOEEEEEEEEEVE GRUNTZ

Posted by Breakman

Quoting #061402: What the hell made the internet boring in the first place?

4chan

Posted by #061402

Oh yeah... it ruined us all.

Posted by Klarth

oh *** what happened to me

i used to be such a convincing troll

Posted by #061402

You were trolling? Had me fooled.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=netman;902338]i used to be such a convincing troll

You've simply matured past trolling and lost your way. It'll all come back to you (if you allow it to) eventually.

Quoted post: What the hell made the internet boring in the first place?

Fast, easy access to everyone under the sun.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

vgchat is garbage

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: vgchat is garbage

agreed

Posted by Klarth

i mean

why dont you say that to my face y 2 k misfit

i could take you

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=netman;903736]i could take you

Let's go then.

rumble?

Posted by #061402

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: vgchat is garbage

We're still here though.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting netman: i mean

why dont you say that to my face y 2 k misfit

i could take you

haha must spread rep etc.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Have a very, Merry antiChrist-mas everybodys!!

[youtube=BZONn-8G6xc]BZONn-8G6xc[/youtube]

Posted by Ant

This was actually a pretty good thread. Got some LAUGHS out of it.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=#061402;903977]We're still here though.

we're the type of people that are attracted to garbage

something actually good? not interesting in the least no sir

Posted by KoH

VGC turned to **** 'cause I left. :)

Personally, I dislike how pathetic some of you have gotten. It's not even worth trying to insult most of you anymore and worse yet... I leave arguments half-argued because I just don't give a flying **** about what's actually being said.

Please, do as... whoever the **** changed their name to netman, says. Shape up. Give me the hobby that I once held so dear. Please. For the sake of my sanity, because I have no real stress relief at the moment and I'm afraid I might have to take up fisticuffs to satisfy my need to see distress.

Btw, it will take additional time before I'm prepared to cause distress in fisticuffs as opposed to instant distress causing if you all were to just wake the **** up.

Posted by maian

Quoting KoH: Please, do as... whoever the **** changed their name to netman, says. Shape up. Give me the hobby that I once held so dear.

...Have you seen him these days?

Posted by Poco

Quoting KoH: VGC turned to **** 'cause I left. :)

Personally, I dislike how pathetic some of you have gotten. It's not even worth trying to insult most of you anymore and worse yet... I leave arguments half-argued because I just don't give a flying **** about what's actually being said.

Please, do as... whoever the **** changed their name to netman, says. Shape up. Give me the hobby that I once held so dear. Please. For the sake of my sanity, because I have no real stress relief at the moment and I'm afraid I might have to take up fisticuffs to satisfy my need to see distress.

Btw, it will take additional time before I'm prepared to cause distress in fisticuffs as opposed to instant distress causing if you all were to just wake the **** up.

you vied for the attention of a chubby internet attention drama whore. so in conclusion ur gay

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting KoH: It's not even worth trying to insult most of you anymore and worse yet...

Shape up. Give me the hobby that I once held so dear. Please. For the sake of my sanity, because I have no real stress relief at the moment and I'm afraid I might have to take up fisticuffs to satisfy my need to see distress.

I think KoH is actually WackoHater!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Like I always say, WackoHater bashes every one for therapy!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Corrupt: I, like many other people here, look back to the time around when I first joined and think "What the hell was I thinking acting like such an idiot?". I mean, even reading my posts back from 2005 (when I was a mod/super mod!) make me cringe. But, oddly enough, that was at the time where I contributed the most to these forums, which I don't do nearly as much anymore.

I pretty much feel the same way. If you look at our population though, the one thing that always sticks out to me is that that majority of the members on VGC joined when they were much younger. Personally, I have been here five years now, back when what I mostly contributed with was drivel that looking back on was just flat boring.

One of the reasons that I still come here is because the site has evolved as we have gotten older, and while we do still have the video game mentality, it has also risen to more than just that, due to the members becoming closer friends or what have you. I realise that I'm just segueing into commentary and not really contributing to the actual thread, but it's always nice to be able to come back and find that the site is continuing with mostly familiar faces - and usually new blood as well.

Posted by KoH

maian: Naw... haven't really been around. Wait, is Klarth the new netman?

Poco: Woo! **** yes I did!

Jesse: ... *******it, man.

Edit: Woah wait, what's up with this thread? I just now noticed dates... 2007? Seriously? Well whatever, still holds true. In fact, moreso, as VGC has declined even worse than when this thread was created.

Posted by Linko_16

Help us KoH. Help us help ourselves.

Posted by Jesse Smith

KoH, do us all a favor. Start bashing WackoHater. He'll give you all the stress relief and therapy you'll ever need. And he'll give da rest of us entertainment!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by KoH

Linko: First I require funding.

Jesse: I barely know that guy. :( And he seems to be some sort of anti-VGC person and... well that's kind of a good thing. Plus he hasn't really ever insulted me, that I know of. Give me something to work with!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting KoH: Plus he hasn't really ever insulted me, that I know of. Give me something to work with!

Spend a week posting on Wacko University. With in a day you'll find out how to get him to go :mad: bashing on you!!! With in a week he'll hate you more than me!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Poco

Quoting KoH: maian: Naw... haven't really been around. Wait, is Klarth the new netman?

Poco: Woo! **** yes I did!

Jesse: ... *******it, man.

Edit: Woah wait, what's up with this thread? I just now noticed dates... 2007? Seriously? Well whatever, still holds true. In fact, moreso, as VGC has declined even worse than when this thread was created.

your basically a faggot, mayhaps you should stop posting.

Posted by Kutlass

[quote=Velvet Nightmare]One of the reasons that I still come here is because the site has evolved

*devolved

[quote]as we have gotten older

*as standards of quality have fallen beyond anyone's wildest imagination six years ago

[quote]and while we do still have the video game mentality

*childish video game discussion board mentality

[quote]it has also risen to more than just that

*degenerated to even less than that

[quote]due to the members becoming closer friends

*accustomed to a complete lack of poster quality due to the creeping normalcy effect of steady decline

[quote]I realise that I'm just segueing into commentary

*bungling into hogwash

[quote]and not really contributing to the actual thread

*contributing to anything

[quote]but it's always nice to be able to come back and find that the site is continuing with mostly familiar faces

*those that continue to post here purely out of habit and wouldn't think of even bothering to register if they were newbie to this highly undesirable gas station toilet of a discussion board buried under a mountain of **** today

[quote]and usually new blood as well.

*the wealth of extremely promising newcomers like hinder34 who unwisely register before taking a look around and make it fewer than three steps out of the cleverly relocated intro board

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Kaptain Kutlass: *as standards of quality have fallen beyond anyone's wildest imagination six years ago

Duh...how long have you been here??!! Oh yah...nine months!!!!!!!! :D aka, you have no idea how insane da boards were six or more years ago!!!!!! Heck, there waz insanity here back in da 90s!!!!!!!! er, who waz it that went bonkers right before da Y2K bomb went off!!!!! Rumor haz it, it waz da King of da Wackos...and Pokemonyx!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Jesse Smith: Duh...how long have you been here??!! Oh yah...nine months!!!!!!!! :D aka, you have no idea how insane da boards were six or more years ago!!!!!!

No Jesse, I'm afraid that it is you that has no idea

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Jesse Smith: Duh...how long have you been here??!! Oh yah...nine months!!!!!!!! :D aka, you have no idea how insane da boards were six or more years ago!!!!!! Heck, there waz insanity here back in da 90s!!!!!!!! er, who waz it that went bonkers right before da Y2K bomb went off!!!!! Rumor haz it, it waz da King of da Wackos...and Pokemonyx!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

you are right. i am sorry. please forgive me. jesse smith.

Posted by Kutlass

unlike you after all i do not possess a master's degree in *~*iNsAaAaNniTyY~*~

Posted by maian

Quoting Kaptain Kutlass: *devolved

*as standards of quality have fallen beyond anyone's wildest imagination six years ago

*childish video game discussion board mentality

*degenerated to even less than that

*accustomed to a complete lack of poster quality due to the creeping normalcy effect of steady decline

*bungling into hogwash

*contributing to anything

*those that continue to post here purely out of habit and wouldn't think of even bothering to register if they were newbie to this highly undesirable gas station toilet of a discussion board buried under a mountain of **** today

*the wealth of extremely promising newcomers like hinder34 who unwisely register before taking a look around and make it fewer than three steps out of the cleverly relocated intro board

Why do you post here?

Posted by Kutlass

i am secretly a girl who wants to go shopping with you while talking about boys

Posted by Lord of Spam

HEY GUYS IM STILL HAS HXC COUNTERCULTURE AS EVER, AM I STILL COOL?

Posted by Iris Jr

HXC?
That's some touchy material son.

May wants to go and has yo parents fill out the proper permission slips for that trip.

Posted by Poco

this thread. its a bomb jc.