Comparing online

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

X: Speedy thinks Wii online is the best online out there. Why are you arguing with someone like that?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;738276]X: Speedy thinks Wii online is the best online out there. Why are you arguing with someone like that?

N...no. I said online for all systems sucks balls. If I had to play online I'd rather play Smash Bros in silence than have some twleve year old on Halo 2 scream in my ear. I'd really rather play with people right next to me who I have no desire to maim.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;738545]N...no. I said online for all systems sucks balls. If I had to play online I'd rather play Smash Bros in silence than have some twleve year old on Halo 2 scream in my ear. I'd really rather play with people right next to me who I have no desire to maim.

Online isn't only about playing against random people, you know. I've had some great fun online with VGCers and my own friends. It's not like I can invite my buddies over at 2am for a round of Call of Duty, so online is great for putting together quick multiplayer fun.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

THIS THREAD TITLE IS FUNCTIONAL

Jeez Speedfreak, chip on your shoulder?

Posted by oxpecker123

Quoting Speedfreak: N...no. I said online for all systems sucks balls. If I had to play online I'd rather play Smash Bros in silence than have some twleve year old on Halo 2 scream in my ear. I'd really rather play with people right next to me who I have no desire to maim.

voice over online is the new thing now, if an fps game does not have online anyhow it gets bad reviews, I'm kind of retro gamer
and yesterday sparked my interest in online shooters, I want to get gears of wars for pc, I watched youtube videos of footage of people cussing at each other online they were playing Halo 2. THe cussing doesn't scare me at all, but it's a new age now. Online is a must do thing or you don't fit in

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;738560][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen] [/COLOR][/FONT]I don't know. He's either completely making s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it up or he's taking something I said that he never understood in the first place completely out of context.
I'm pretty sure Big Boss was saying 'what?' to your belief that the Wii has the best online service. Which you have, on more than one occasion, stated. I'll offer myself up for a two-week ban if I'm wrong. First one that comes to mind is the Wii Preview Channel thread.

Posted by Speedfreak

If I did it was intentionally inflammatory. Both of you know how much I think online in general is overrated.

The only thing I can think of is when I said I wished Xbox Live had silly little free downloadable toys like Wii does, and that Wii's online was better in that department.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'll take demos over a weather report, thanks.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not like I said Wii was better for demos or anything...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting The X: Online isn't only about playing against random people, you know. I've had some great fun online with VGCers and my own friends. It's not like I can invite my buddies over at 2am for a round of Call of Duty, so online is great for putting together quick multiplayer fun.

Precisely. I rarely play with random people unless I have a friend playing with me. Besides, the majority of my real life friends don't play video games much.

Posted by Speedfreak

I love the idea of forging new friendships online and facing off against strangers. It's why 2 on 2 was my favourite mode on Halo 2, you could really get to know someone in a short space of 10 minutes when you were exclusively working together. Unfortunately the increasing amounts of obnoxious people on the other team really started to put me off, aswell as the lag that comes with playing over an ocean.

Just tried to play online Counter Strike on PC. I had to download a metric ton of updates before I even got to play, then I had great fun searching through a mile-long list of servers. Eventually I got into a game where I was the only one on my team, and 2 very sportmanlike players proceeded to kick my ass.

No one's gotten this right, no one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;738617]Just tried to play online Counter Strike on PC. I had to download a metric ton of updates before I even got to play, then I had great fun searching through a mile-long list of servers. Eventually I got into a game where I was the only one on my team, and 2 very sportmanlike players proceeded to kick my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s.

Turn off downloadable content, then. All the sound effects and such are purely optional on most servers. The long server should be seen as anything but a disadvantage, and joining a server with 2 other players on a game that runs best with 10 - 16 people is madness.

It may seem like I'm picking on every post you make, but you tend to disagree with me on a lot of issues.

Posted by Speedfreak

When I chose the server it had 6.

Server lists are a total disadvantage, why am I looking through a list when a computer could do it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Uhhh... Because you want to pick who you're playing with, on what map, and in what mode?

Posted by Speedfreak

It's called matchmaking.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The difference is, console online is standardized to a greater degree. Browsing a CSS server list, you'll probably find Bomb Defusal, Hostages, VIP, GunGame, ZombieMod, HideandSeek, and a whole bunch of other player-created mods for the game. Therefore, matchmaking on a PC would be considerably more difficult.

Posted by Colonel

I just have to say I like all types of online consoles

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;738628]The difference is, console online is standardized to a greater degree. Browsing a CSS server list, you'll probably find Bomb Defusal, Hostages, VIP, GunGame, ZombieMod, HideandSeek, and a whole bunch of other player-created mods for the game. Therefore, matchmaking on a PC would be considerably more difficult.

Well exactly. When I see this huge server list I don't know what the hell I'm looking at. I just pick a server that seems to have a decent amount of people in it.

I'd rather take 12 year-olds that I can mute in 5 seconds over no voice any day. etc

Point is, you said Wii was the best. In terms of **** you get, what it offers, online etc etc. Which it's not. It's just not.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;738784]Point is, you said Wii was the best.

LOL, what the fuck, man!? Look, just put me on ignore, you're doing it anyway.

No, I read your posts. Whether they all suck or not I remember quite clearly you saying the Wii had the best online service. I'm not ignoring you, that's just what you said...

Posted by Dexter

Wii online is boring, especially if you've played enough 360. Talking to people and planning tactical methods in FPS is half the fun of playing. Communication is key. How can you incorporate teamwork with the Wii online? Mic get. I've always enjoyed multiplayer games, but part of that is because I played with friends growing up and we could carry on discussions while we play. Without that, it becomes much duller.

Quoted post: Talking to people and planning tactical methods in FPS is half the fun of playing. Communication is key.

Yeah, I'd likely not bother with the genre anymore if it wasn't for online.

Posted by Fate

Plus, you're always going to get the annoying screechy kid that you can just mute so online becomes an even better experience! If there are no voices used, like on the Wii, kids will find other ways to annoy you in games. They just will.

Gears without mics... oh man. It's already bad with kids revving chainsaws when you take the sniper, or outright killing you when TK is on. But without mics it'd be far, far worse.

TEA-BAGGING ABOUND

Posted by Fate

You know, I think if the Wii did have mics all hell would break loose. Not only does every faggot own one, screeching kids would probably be the majority. Oh, Jesus, I can see it now.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I find the Wii online stuff, discluding WiFi games, very static w/o having mic or any IM functions. This doesn't really bug me personally, but the Wii mail, weather updates, and even the news updates seem to take a while to arrive, especially the weather updates that are never current. Only the Wii Shop downloads work instantly.

Quoted post: You know, I think if the Wii did have mics all hell would break loose. Not only does every faggot own one, screeching kids would probably be the majority. Oh, Jesus, I can see it now.

Huh, maybe nintendo thought this through. You just might be right.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Without mics, I usually build up a mental image of anyone who's beating me as a total douchebag. Case in point - yesterday I was getting whipped at Puzzle Fighter online and I was all like '**** THIS GUY IS SUCH AN IDORT I BET HE'S LAUGHING AT ME RIGHT NOW' and then at the end he just chimes in with a 'Hey man, well played. You're good!

:(

Posted by Fred333

I hate that when people beat you down like that and throw it back in your face. I think online gaming is where the future lies for the consoles.

I'm a terrible trash-talker online. I won't say "good game" typically, but I can't say "man, who *****es are ****ing **** mother****ers." Whenever people start arguing or yelling or saying **** about how bad whoever played last round I just can't help but thinking "oh jeez why do i play games?" Black guys are the worst for this :(

Posted by Fate

A lot of the time I don't talk, but when the speech kicks off I can get pretty nasty, sometimes even humorous. I say something tacked on to the word "douche" like douchecoon (for really annoying black people), douchemuffin, "I bet you make fine douchey wine", etc. I don't really want to mention the really foul stuff I say. ...:(

Hahaha, oh jeez. I hope you're not deadly serious when you say **** like that. Only a handful of people can say "douche" and pull it off. I mean, I only talk trash to friends because they know I'm joking around, otherwise it just starts this huge *****fest which gets tiring quick. Serious trash-talk isn't fun imo :(

Posted by Fate

I don't participate in serious trash-talking. It's so bad.

Actually, I enjoy trash-talking more than madden-talk. That's easily the worst. People don't ****ing shut up about it once they get rolling. At least with trash-talk it's funny.

Posted by S

Madden talk?

Kids talking non-stop about madden and/or football/basketball.

Posted by S

Ew... Just ew.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;738799]Yeah, I'd likely not bother with the genre anymore if it wasn't for online.

Funny, that's exactly why I don't bother with it anymore. Goldeneye and Timesplitters were so much fun, but now to play you have to either go online and play with 15 sweary little wankers or organise a f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking LAN party. FPSs aren't fun on splitscreen anymore because they fill your HUD with all kinds of crap and force you to look far into the distance because the maps are so huge. On PC it's alright because first and foremost PC games don't tend to be filled with kids as much as Xbox does. Chat is handled mostly with text, which is extremely easy to ignore on the occaision someone's being a cock. Which brings me to my next point...

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;741676]Huh, maybe nintendo thought this through. You just might be right.

Judging from a patent that keeps popping up it looks like Nintendo's form of communication will be a speech-to-text system, which eliminates the problems of screechy kids and swearing all in one go. Assuming it works, of course.

Perhaps I said I preferred Nintendo's online because on the vey rare occaision I actually want to play online I don't have to worry about abuse from preteens and angry black guys. FYI that's sort of the basis of Nintendo's online strategy, despite being pretty much featureless it's relatively dickhead-free and at least doesn't cost you anything. I used to love Xbox Live, it convinced me to try out games I wouldn't normally get purely for the online component, but I grew tired of it because the people themselves were no fun to play with. Preach blocking all you want, I'm not doing that at the start of every game, it's not worth the effort. I'd rather stick to games my real life friends like.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, I played Halo 2 obsessively and I could never even be bothered to mute people. It's not only inconvenient, but it doesn't even give you a chance. You've got 8 kids in a room telling you you're a dumb nigger and saying that they stuck it in your mom's pooper; muting all of them means dying 8 times. Ouch! It's really not the online component's fault, Live's design is awesome, it's just that whole internet ****wad theory makes it a much less enjoyable experience. In any case, I think it's ridiculous to argue that it's not better to have the option of voice chat and whatnot, even if you're playing with total cocks 90% of the time.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, I'm not arguing that at all. You know how much I wanted Nintendo to have a version of Live. I'm just saying if you hate online then Nintendo's will probably piss you off the least.

Posted by s0ul

I guess, but that's really just saying that they barely have online, which isn't really braggable from any standpoint.

Posted by Speedfreak

Functional and free wins out against f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking frustrating with a fee in my book. I already stated Nintendo clearly loses in terms of functionality, I just think the service isn't anywhere near as offensive.

Posted by Fate

Offensive, no; useful, not really. I just dig chatting with people.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: Goldeneye and Timesplitters were so much fun, but now to play you have to either go online and play with 15 sweary little wankers or organise a f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking LAN party.

Perhaps I said I preferred Nintendo's online because on the vey rare occaision I actually want to play online I don't have to worry about abuse from preteens and angry black guys. FYI that's sort of the basis of Nintendo's online strategy, despite being pretty much featureless it's relatively dickhead-free and at least doesn't cost you anything. I used to love Xbox Live, it convinced me to try out games I wouldn't normally get purely for the online component, but I grew tired of it because the people themselves were no fun to play with. Preach blocking all you want, I'm not doing that at the start of every game, it's not worth the effort. I'd rather stick to games my real life friends like.

Im just going to go out on a limb here and say, perhaps you have overlooked the quickest and most simple solution to annoying online competitors.

The next time you catch yourself playing xbox live and have an annoying person on the other end, take whichever hand that correlates with what ear you are wearing your headpiece in, grasp the headset firmly in that hand...lift approximately one foot above your head while being cognizant of what your are doing to avoid a minor ear injury, and gently place the device at your feet or on your bed. Problem solved.

In not so many words...take the ***dam headset off.

but then again...thats just me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Taking the headset off just causes voicechat to come out of the TV.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting The X: Taking the headset off just causes voicechat to come out of the TV.

Unless you do one of two things:

A. leave it plugged in

B. go in to your preferences and make it where it only comes out through the headset.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;744677][COLOR=skyblue]Offensive, no; useful, not really. I just dig chatting with people.[/COLOR]

Yeah...I'm a GUY.

[quote=Xeones;744797]Unless you do one of two things:

A. leave it plugged in

B. go in to your preferences and make it where it only comes out through the headset.

Sort of destroys the point of paying for Xbox Live then, doesn't it, sir? Most of the games are orientated around communication and teamwork. There's barely any fun party games on Live (at least when I quit there wasn't) and car games bore the hell out of me.

Quoted post: Funny, that's exactly why I don't bother with it anymore. Goldeneye and Timesplitters were so much fun, but now to play you have to either go online and play with 15 sweary little wankers or organise a ****ing LAN party. FPSs aren't fun on splitscreen anymore because they fill your HUD with all kinds of crap and force you to look far into the distance because the maps are so huge. On PC it's alright because first and foremost PC games don't tend to be filled with kids as much as Xbox does. Chat is handled mostly with text, which is extremely easy to ignore on the occaision someone's being a cock. Which brings me to my next point...

I like all that though. Hence my still playing online FPSs. :cookie: It's just that they tend to focus on Multi more than single-player which I'm totally fine with, simply because I'll get, what, a max of fifteen hours out of SP? Yeah.

Quoted post: Yeah, I played Halo 2 obsessively and I could never even be bothered to mute people. It's not only inconvenient, but it doesn't even give you a chance.

At least H3 allows you to mute kids really easily now.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah...I'm a GUY.

Sort of destroys the point of paying for Xbox Live then, doesn't it, sir? Most of the games are orientated around communication and teamwork. There's barely any fun party games on Live (at least when I quit there wasn't) and car games bore the hell out of me.

i halfway agree with that statement. While it is true that you gain an andvantage by being able to verbally commmunicate with other players, it is not essential to having a good time playing xbox live. Talking or not, there is a distinct difference between human players and AI which single player gameplay cannot provide unless you split screen or lan party...which now that i think of it wouldn't be single player at all.

Futhermore, in the case of whatever nintendo plans to do for online gameplay...i cant imagine a voice to text system would be that much of a help playing an FPS. You'd spend half your time reading while getting your *** blown to hell.

Quoted post: it is not essential to having a good time playing xbox live.

Yes it is. Once you find a good set of guys to play games with, the talking and communicating is more than half the fun.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yes it is. Once you find a good set of guys to play games with, the talking and communicating is more than half the fun.

I dont disagree in the slightest. I love the aspect of talking, and quite frankly im just not easily fazed by adolescents cursing and yelling just because their parents aren't in the room. But, its not essential to having a good time. Headset or no, its still fun to chainsaw the bejesus out of someone on gears of war online.

Disagreed. I literally can't enjoy GoW in the slightest unless I'm playing with a guy from this forum (cats.) Since his Xbawks broke I refuse to play it in fact. That, and the game I enjoy the most (rainbow six) I find myself not even bothering with unless my friends are online.

Only time this doesn't apply is with the CoD games. I can play that with random people day and night, no need to talk at all.

Posted by Xeones

Do i prefer to play with a headset? Yes. Do i play with one? Yes, why not...i spent the money getting one. Do i need it? No...but it is much less fun without it.

And yes, i only play with my good friend Wani NJ on gears...wonder how high he is ranked now...he broke 100 but that was 6 months ago when he was unemployed.

idk, I need it. Obviously a lot of other people don't, but for me, it's like, once you find those people without them the game suddenly doesn't seem as much fun, you know?

Posted by Xeones

absolutely...i really only played gears when my friends were on. same goes for basically any other game. you just get used to kicking *** with the same group of fellow...it just doesnt feel the same playing without them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A NEW XBOT APPEARED

Man, Speedfreak isn't going to like this.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, in a game like, let's say, Rainbow Six. You really do need a good set of guys that will communicate with you. So in that sense, it's fairly essential.

Posted by Xeones

ive tangled with speedfreak before...im not scared.

and true enough vamp, you do tend to get your *** kicked if you arent playing with competent people who dont talk. But, that aspect is strictly reserved for FPS...other games i dont feel require the use of a headset...but i use them nonetheless

... oh yeah, there's other multiplayer games that's aren't FPSs. Totally forgot.

Posted by Xeones

i wasnt really saying your forgot if thats how you took it, just saying you dont need it as much if your playing for example: *** forbid it Phantasy star universe.

oh...btw, i dont think ive ever played against you even though you are on my friends list.

Nah, I actually totally forgot. Like, all of the games I've played online were some form of shooter. Even Splinter Cell was essentially half-FPS.

And wait, what's your gamertag?

Posted by Xeones

Apollyon's Chaos

my old username here was demonblade if i didnt mention that earlier

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Xeones;745166]But, that aspect is strictly reserved for FPS...other games i dont feel require the use of a headset...but i use them nonetheless

Okay, so skipping all that crap you said earlier because you basically ended up agreeing with me. There's not much on Xbox that I really care about that isn't an FPS, as I said party games are few and far between on Xbox and driving games bore me.

My time playing online games basically amounts to playing one game of Mario Kart a month, maybe. A party game with no voice chat and no reliance on communication that is totally free to play. I know my online gaming habits are well in the minority here, but that's exactly my point. Xbox Live isn't the best solution for everything by default, there's a lot it can't do that Nintendo's half-assed solution can. This is after having seen both sides of the arguement and actually initially singing the praises of Xbox Live well before 360 came out.

I do actually have a geniune opinion here, it's not the knee-jerk fanboy reaction you think it is.

Quoted post: Apollyon's Chaos

my old username here was demonblade if i didnt mention that earlier

Don't believe I ever had you on my list. Add Distorted Air

Quoted post: there's a lot it can't do that Nintendo's half-assed solution can.

Live can do it. MS just doesn't. Because it's in the minority and likely wouldn't sell on the 360, hence all those games ending up on the Wii/DS. Most people want a meaty, epic experience. It's a valid opinion... it just doesn't really matter.

Posted by Fred333

Your right most people do want gigantic epic story with upgradeable characters. A game where they can meet and mingle but at the same time challenge themselves gaming wise. There are a couple out there, but I still think there is more room to expand. Live and Wii have an opening, now just have to develop the right game.

Oh yeah, forgot. Those small multiplayer experiences appear on XBLA. :cookie:

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: Okay, so skipping all that crap you said earlier because you basically ended up agreeing with me. There's not much on Xbox that I really care about that isn't an FPS, as I said party games are few and far between on Xbox and driving games bore me.

My time playing online games basically amounts to playing one game of Mario Kart a month, maybe. A party game with no voice chat and no reliance on communication that is totally free to play. I know my online gaming habits are well in the minority here, but that's exactly my point. Xbox Live isn't the best solution for everything by default, there's a lot it can't do that Nintendo's half-assed solution can. This is after having seen both sides of the arguement and actually initially singing the praises of Xbox Live well before 360 came out.

I do actually have a geniune opinion here, it's not the knee-jerk fanboy reaction you think it is.

I'm not holding it against you that you are a nintendo fan. So what, i could honestly not care less. All i am criticizing you on is the fact that you somehow believe that just by virtue of having to (but not really) listen to people that annoy you, somehow xbox live appears inferior to you. My opinion goes beyond the fact of which system i prefer. I don't own a wii because it doesnt cater to my taste...for the majority that is. Like you said, you like party games...so by all means, stick with your wii...im not trying to sell you a 360.

If all you are *****ing about is the fact you have to listen to "15 screaming kids" while playing halo 2, then take your ****ing headset off. It seems such a simple solution to me. Granted, like i said...its just not as fun without it to me...but if it gets under your skin that much, then take it off. Perhaps take it a step further. Get a shoe lace and tie it between your xbox controller...hold your tv remote in one hand, controller in the other, headset off and imagine you are playing a wii.

but hey...to each his own.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Don't believe I ever had you on my list. Add Distorted Air

Live can do it. MS just doesn't. Because it's in the minority and likely wouldn't sell on the 360, hence all those games ending up on the Wii/DS. Most people want a meaty, epic experience. It's a valid opinion... it just doesn't really matter.

I apologize for the double post, but i could have sworn i had a VampiroVEmpire as a friend 5 months ago. Unless you changed your gamertag...you have an imposter out there.

Oh... maybe. Now that I think of it I do recognize the name. But yeah, I did get a name change, so just add the new one.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Xeones;745583]I'm not holding it against you that you are a nintendo fan. So what, i could honestly not care less. All i am criticizing you on is the fact that you somehow believe that just by virtue of having to (but not really) listen to people that annoy you, somehow xbox live appears inferior to you. My opinion goes beyond the fact of which system i prefer. I don't own a wii because it doesnt cater to my taste...for the majority that is. Like you said, you like party games...so by all means, stick with your wii...im not trying to sell you a 360.

If all you are *****ing about is the fact you have to listen to "15 screaming kids" while playing halo 2, then take your ****ing headset off. It seems such a simple solution to me. Granted, like i said...its just not as fun without it to me...but if it gets under your skin that much, then take it off. Perhaps take it a step further. Get a shoe lace and tie it between your xbox controller...hold your tv remote in one hand, controller in the other, headset off and imagine you are playing a wii.

but hey...to each his own.

We've been talking about this before you got involved in the discussion. Vamp kept bringing up the fact that at some point I said NWFC as better than Xbox Live (or something to that effect) so I'm just clarifying what I said. I don't think it's the better system, but I don't think saying that makes me a crazy fanboy either. My anecdotal arguement proves that Xbox Live isn't golden.

I've already addressed the possibility of just unplugging my headset and so has Vamp, so drop it.

Quoted post: I don't think it's the better system,

You said Wii had the best online.

Posted by Speedfreak

I think Xbox Live is the more robust system and has much better features, but as I've explained I think online in general sucks and Wii's online is better suited to me despite being pretty barebones. Because it's free.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: We've been talking about this before you got involved in the discussion. Vamp kept bringing up the fact that at some point I said NWFC as better than Xbox Live (or something to that effect) so I'm just clarifying what I said. I don't think it's the better system, but I don't think saying that makes me a crazy fanboy either. My anecdotal arguement proves that Xbox Live isn't golden.

I've already addressed the possibility of just unplugging my headset and so has Vamp, so drop it.

I don't see why you should feel ashamed if you are a nintendo fanboy. If you like it...you like it, thats just the way it is.

Xbox live isnt golden. But it is what it is. They are a business trying to make money just like any other. They provide you with a decent service...and from my point of view...after spending 400 on a system and 60 bucks a game, what's five more a month to play online. It seems to me that would be the equivelant of buying a 40 some-odd inch flatscreen tv and hooking "rabbit ears" up to it.

The video game industry isn't a charity...its a business, thats why its an industry. Its cool nintendo can provide thier service free of charge, but enjoy it while it lasts...online gameplay is a growing industry and someone is bound to see dollar signs sooner or later.

Quoted post: I think Xbox Live is the more robust system and has much better features, but as I've explained I think online in general sucks and Wii's online is better suited to me despite being pretty barebones. Because it's free.

Nah, you said it was better. Flat-out. Because of VC, Wii Ware, etc.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's not flat-out out then, is it brains? I'm pretty sure I just said VC was better than XBLA and Xbox didn't have anything comparable to Wii Channels. You read that as ZOMG WII ONLY PLAY IS BETTER THAN XBOX LIVE because you're pretty defensive I guess?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... What happened to the Wii Ware thread? I'm pretty sure that's where you said it, and now I can't find it.

Quoted post: That's not flat-out out then, is it brains? I'm pretty sure I just said VC was better than XBLA and Xbox didn't have anything comparable to Wii Channels. You read that as ZOMG WII ONLY PLAY IS BETTER THAN XBOX LIVE because you're pretty defensive I guess?

I'm not even reading your posts, just constantly restating myself. Not being defensive, just having fun with you.

But seriously, we had this discussion before. News, Internet and Everyone Votes all suck. How that makes it better, who knows. And idk, new games are always preferred over twenty year-old titles I own.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;746046]I'm not even reading your posts, just constantly restating myself. Not being defensive, just having fun with you.

But seriously, we had this discussion before. News, Internet and Everyone Votes all suck. How that makes it better, who knows. And idk, new games are always preferred over twenty year-old titles I own.

You are wrong.

No I'm not. What value do the Wii Channels really have? Not a whole lot. And the VC and XBLA aren't all that different, you just get Mario and Zelda on the Wii, which we've all played to death anyways. It really just comes down to online, and though the Wii is free, it's horribly barebones, has essentially no games, and even then Sony beats the pants of them and their service is also free. Wii is dead last for online.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't see any value in Xbox Live, otherwise I would pay for it. I get the almost worthless NWFC for nothing. Something > nothing.

Posted by Last Fog

Wait this thread is about comparing Xbox Live to the online service of ... the Wii? Hahaha oh man. How is this even an argument?

Posted by Speedfreak

Because Vamp will argue with someone defending themselves with 3 words and no arguement at all.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: Because Vamp will argue with someone defending themselves with 3 words and arguement at all.

i've read that sentence 7 times and i still cant make sense of it, i get tripped up after the "3 words" part.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's because there's a typo ;)

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: Because Vamp will argue with someone defending themselves with 3 words and no arguement at all.

that makes much more sense now...thanks.

Quoted post: Because Vamp will argue with someone defending themselves with 3 words and no arguement at all.

I didn't start it, you did. You replied to my post. In fact, I didn't even get in on this until 20 posts later :) Plus, I like arguing.

Posted by Speedfreak

I know, I said you'll argue with anything quite a while ago.

Still doesn't stop the fact that you started this one, buddy, and many more with me. Seems you like to argue with my just as much as I do you.

Also, because something's free doesn't make it good. I could offer you s[COLOR="White"]hi[/COLOR]t at no cost, does that somehow make it a good deal? Negative. I'd rather pay for something great than pay nothing at all for garbage.

Posted by Fred333

Very good point.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;746317]Still doesn't stop the fact that you started this one, buddy, and many more with me. Seems you like to argue with my just as much as I do you.

There's a pretty big difference between why I argue and why you argue. I've recognised that my opinion is in the minority on this forum, but is actually the overwhelming majority outside of it. I'm just making a point.

You, on the other hand, just keep saying the same shit over and over until you bore the other guy into submission and they quit. You're not even trying to make a point, you just like to know that you're right and they're wrong, ignoring the very real possibility that there's no right or wrong side.

I suppose I could believe you when you say this is how you get your kicks, but I think you're better than that.

No, I'm right. Objectively. Online on the 360 is better. Maybe that'll change in the future, but that's doubtful. As for being the majority outside of VGC, alpha-moms don't count.

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Speedfreak: There's a pretty big difference between why I argue and why you argue. I've recognised that my opinion is in the minority on this forum, but is actually the overwhelming majority outside of it. I'm just making a point.

You, on the other hand, just keep saying the same shit over and over until you bore the other guy into submission and they quit. You're not even trying to make a point, you just like to know that you're right and they're wrong, ignoring the very real possibility that there's no right or wrong side.

I suppose I could believe you when you say this is how you get your kicks, but I think you're better than that.

no offense, but i imagine that most poeple who enjoy are ridiculously frugal college kids, or those who are under the age of sixteen. Im not sure on this one, but im willing to bet that they are in the minority...in and out of this forum.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Speedy, I'm sorry, but the "fee-free" argument has to be thrown out the window. $50 a year is easy, even if you're just a kid. Seriously, if there were some of you that couldn't get online because of this charge, I'd actually offer up a Live account for you, just so we could play H2 together. I'm willing to pay about $4 a month to play a game with a friend whenever, wouldn't you?

Posted by Fate

He said a lot of the games don't appeal to him.

Yeah, because they're not on a Nintendo machine.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Strange how Speedy was fine with paying for a WoW subscription, but not a Live one.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Functional and free wins out against f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking frustrating with a fee in my book. I already stated Nintendo clearly loses in terms of functionality, I just think the service isn't anywhere near as offensive.

$50/year is pretty much free

Maybe if you're loaded.

Posted by Xeones

50 dollars for a year subscription would take just shy of 10 hours to earn under the ****tiest minimum wage. Considering that most people at this forum play an average 2 hrs online per day (which i imagine is a fairly conservative estimate)..thats only a little over a nickle an hour to play online. Considering you spend 50 cents to play some old *** arcade game for fifteen minutes at best...its not that bad of a deal.

No, of course it's not a bad deal. At all. But that doesn't mean it's 'pretty much free'.

Posted by Fate

Feels pretty much free if I only have to pay it once a year and not worry about it until I get a little message saying my time is going to expire so I have to pay again. Once a year? Yes.

$4.17 a month is pretty much free. I throw out more pocket change than that per month.

Posted by Pit

360 online wins. Flawless victory.

/Close

Posted by Xeones

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: $4.17 a month is pretty much free. I throw out more pocket change than that per month.

agreed

Yeah, it's not a lot of money, but $50 up front is not exactly free. And I was more commenting on how money doesn't matter to unite because he seems to be rolling in it.

Quoted post: Yeah, it's not a lot of money, but $50 up front is not exactly free.

How to Justify Fifty Bucks

Way to miss my point.

Way to miss mine. Saying it's 4 dollars a month is a way to justify fifty dollars. Just like buying a ten hour game that costs sixty bucks you'd say, well, I'd spend ten bucks on a 2 hour movie.

ANYWHO, after seeing what Brawl has to offer for online I can easily saw the Wii is pathetically behind and effectively ends any comparisons whatsoever.

Wow. Obviously I can justify spending $50 on live because I did.

Then what's the problem here?

Posted by s0ul

That it's perfectly reasonable for that to not be justifiable to someone, or that it's not basically free when you pay a lump sum 50 dollars every year.

But she just said she justified the price.

Pretty much the second bit of what Soul said. Plus:

[quote=myself]And I was more commenting on how money doesn't matter to unite because he seems to be rolling in it.

hence "pretty much"

Posted by TimeSkipz

Everyone give SEGA props, they started all this online madness with the dreamcast. I Am devoted to SEGA and their awsome games like mario and sonic go to the olympics

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Rddflag;756144]awsome games
[quote=Rddflag;756144]like mario and sonic go to the olympics

:cookie:

Posted by TimeSkipz

just a hint of sarcasm in that phrase there lol

Posted by Moogs

I actually like the Arcade games for Xbox360, and I own most classic titles the Wii offers. Not to mention the online is easier to use and easier to play with your friends on.

And as far as price goes, people, It is only 50 to 60 dollars a year. That is not much at all. You act like it's $15.99 a month or something.

Posted by Fate

Not that is some faggy ****. :cookie:

Quoted post: You act like it's $15.99 a month or something.

It's funny because that's still not a lot of money.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Can't you buy prepaid cards at EB games or Gamestop? I believe they also throw in deals to buy games that come with free prepaid cards