What the ****?

Posted by s0ul

Okay, so I'm playing Bioshock, at the part with the crazy artist in the theater, and it suddenly gets really choppy, like the game skips every two seconds. So I'm like "****, my third replacement 360 is acting up" so I take the game to a friend's house, bring the hard drive over and alas! Still choppy. So I'm like "**** this ****," go back to gamestop, exchange for new disc, still choppy. So tell me, VGC, how is this possible?

After powering through that nonsense, as soon as I finish all the objectives there, it's fine. Ta da.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I got a 'Disk is unreadable' error at one point, but that's it.

Posted by Creedence

I had a similar problem, got a disc is unreadable error and when I turned off my 360 the light went off, the audio and video went away, but the 360 was still running. You could hear it. It shut off about 5 minutes later thankfully.

Posted by Last Fog

There were parts in the game where the framerate dropped quite a bit, but only when theres a ton of action going on.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Only problem I ever had was when it got choppy in Apollo Square with the hanged corpses. Every time I'd walk near the Big Daddy the framerate would drop, but otherwise it was completely fine. In fact, on Cohen's level I had no problem whatsoever. =/

Not even sure what would be causing it. Lockboxes spawn so you don't have this problem. Weird.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No slowdown for me, surprisingly. What's this about lockboxes?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If there's too many bodies on screen lockboxes start spawning in their place so you can come back and get what was on their body. Not sure how you didn't notice this...

Posted by Vbty3

After playing for a few hours the game gets choppy, it's not your fault.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, thing is it would do it immediately even on a different Xbox, and with a different disc a day later, and I had to play for like an hour to get through that choppiness then it ceased once the mission was done. THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH