Your worst Metroid Moment?

Posted by Sk2k52

What's your worst metroid moment, ever?

Personally, the MP2 key gathering at the very end. Seriously, those **** things even if you knew where they all were, it took forever to get them, and there was no way in a normal play through you'd start collecting them until the part you needed them!

At least in MP1 artifacts, you'd of prolly gotten quite a few before you needed them, and they werent as retardedly hidden.

Posted by ExoXile

What with the usual collecting a 100% and then memory card fries.

Fyyyn times.

Posted by S

Quoting Sk2k52: What's your worst metroid moment, ever?

Personally, the MP2 key gathering at the very end. Seriously, those **** things even if you knew where they all were, it took forever to get them, and there was no way in a normal play through you'd start collecting them until the part you needed them!

At least in MP1 artifacts, you'd of prolly gotten quite a few before you needed them, and they werent as retardedly hidden.

I got three of the sky keys before I needed them. It's just that one or two of them was simply impossible to get without the Light Suit.

Posted by Phantom75230

In Prime 3, even though you don't necesarily need them, getting the "Color Credits" to unlock the galleries. Why couldnt it be like in the other 2 by scans.

in prime 2, getting the Keys of ANY temple.

in prime 1... THOSE ****ED CHOZO GHOSTS

Posted by kissdude_44

playing any metroid prime game that isnt Hunters for me....but othe rthan that, its probably fighting that underwater shimp-like boss in Super Metroid. oyu know, that thing that swims and looks like Hilary Clinton? yeah thats the one.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]that thing that swims and looks like Hilary Clinton?

OH GOD, I CAN'T UNSEE IT!

Posted by Slade

Super Metroid, a couple different times when I needed to jump from wall to wall to climb a vertical chute-type thing. I think there was something about the technique that I didn't know, because I could never get it right. I'd just try until my thumbs were all blistered and I didn't want to play anymore.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I always have trouble remembering to get certain powerups while I'm in the same room with them. Lots of backtracking once I remember, and backtracking is annoying.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I tried playing Metroid 2 once. Metroid 2 is the retard of the Metroid family, it would seem.

Posted by The Judge

When I got hit.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]I never played the original, but I kicked Zero Mission's ***.
I played until the very end of Metroid 2 and couldn't figure out how to reach the final ****ing boss.
I don't think that I ever beat Super Metroid...
I got to the end of Prime 1 and never bothered to finish it...
I got to the end of Prime 2, beat the final boss but then ran out of time while fighting Dark Samus and lost. Then I though it would be a good idea to restart my game. Now I'm stuck getting one of the keys for like the second ****ing temple.
I've barely played Prime 3 at Linko's house, and I like it so far...
I was stuck for a while in Fusion but eventually went back and beat it.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Mr. Awesome: [COLOR=Navy]I don't think that I ever beat Super Metroid...[/COLOR]

Do you actually own it? If not, you can start a file on mine... I don't think I ever actually played it after I found it at a used game store.

[quote=Linko_16;785259][COLOR=indigo]Do you actually own it? If not, you can start a file on mine... I don't think I ever actually played it after I found it at a used game store.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]My brother actually owns all of our Metroid games (except Metroid 2 and he later gave me both of his Prime games), although he doesn't really play video games any more. I don't know if he's bothered to open his copy of Super Metroid since he bought it, though.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

Have you actually seen the ending? If not, I'm pretty much going to make you play it. Or at least watch me whenever I go back and beat it myself.

Speaking of you watching me play games, whatever happened to Mega Man Legends? Have to go back and finish that ****.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Metroid 2 is the retard of the Metroid family, it would seem.

ಠ_ಠ

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I just think it's the worse Metroid ever made. That's all.

[quote=Linko_16;785301][COLOR=indigo]Have you actually seen the ending? If not, I'm pretty much going to make you play it. Or at least watch me whenever I go back and beat it myself.

Speaking of you watching me play games, whatever happened to Mega Man Legends? Have to go back and finish that ****.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Maybe if you'd call me sometimes.... :p:[/COLOR]

Posted by Skitzo Control

When I first started to do speed runs for Metroid Prime, I spent 6+ hours one day trying to skip straight to the Space Jump Boots, not realizing that the Player's Choice version that I had completely eliminates the possibilities of even completing the jump. I gave up, and came back the next day and tried again for nearly three hours, until I read on speeddemosarchive.com that my version eliminated the chances of ever getting that jump. I felt like such a douche nozzle over all that wasted time. :(

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

Well it is actually possible in the players choice version; just EXTREMELY HARD to do. Basically you have to go from your ship and make your way towards the artifact site (through the door just below the red flower directly across form the ship) Then, when you come across the Seeding (little blue guys that throw the barbs), "aim-lock" on the one closest to you and do NOT LET GO. Now for the tricky part, going backwards make your way back to your Gunship and stand on the very back edge; but not too far, because the lock-on will "break" and you'll have to do it again. After all that, perform the dash jump. It does work, I managed to get it to work 1 out of 100 times or so, LOL but it still worked. Link is below, watchthe second vid

http://www.metroid2002.com/without_boost_space_jump.php

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

As for my worst Metroid moment. While playing Prime 1 straight through without saving, had all the expansions and what not, just snagged the final artifact. Headed through the Chozo Ruins and to the elevator that leads to Tallon Overworld, then make my way through to the artifact site; well until the game crashed midway down the elevator shaft GAHHHHHH!!!

Posted by Ashen

Hmmm... worst Metroid moment... Probably having to keep trying the triangle jump about 50 times in Super Metroid because I wanted the Missiles (or were they Super Missiles...?) in the little thing on the right side.

That, or actually dying to the SA-X. It's bad enough getting chased by it.

Posted by Shade

MOTHER BRAIN.

I don't what it is, but I cannot ****ing beat that thing.

Posted by Zeta

Well, you should just give up on video games altogether.

Posted by Ashen

Quoting Shade: MOTHER BRAIN.

I don't what it is, but I cannot ****ing beat that thing.

... which one? Original and Super are easy enough, though Zero Mission can be annoying with those bullets, the ring things, and her CHARGIN HER LAZER all the time.

Posted by Shade

Zero Mission.