What do YOU want in the next Metroid Game?

Posted by Sk2k52

I was just thinking about this the other day, and decided to come visit ol' vgchat and ask.

What do you want in future 2D Metroid Games?
I want a Metroid Zero Mission/Super Metroid mix, the lower of linearity, but intentionally, yet not just because you found another way in, but by utilizing new abilities to its fullest.

What do you want in future 3D Metroid Games?
Metroid Prime original was near perfect for me. It's saddening how horrid MP2 was in comparison. 40% because of the ****ing ammo system. 30% because of the artifact gathering, worse than the mp1 artifact gathering since by that point, I hadnt had any, but with mp1 I had found most just through normal game play, before the required point. 15% because of the unoriginal "new beams", aka dark beam was ice beam, light beam was plasma beam, and while annihilator held potential, it sucked due to A: ammo, B: its name, and C: it should of had a more original use. 10% because of the dark world, which was tedious.

What do you want in future Metroid Games in general?
Me personally, I want the ability to switch beams on and off >.o... been missing that since super metroid, metroid prime 1 was hot for it, metroid prime 2 sucked because of the retarded ammo system... It completely ****ing ruined it for me -_- Still workign on MP3 >.>

Posted by Zeta

No more handholding. Adam, Chozo statues, and the hint thing in the Prime games kind of ruined the exploran a little.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I want handholding. The original Metroid is seriously difficult to get around in.

All I want is a new 2D Metroid. :)