i went to a smash bros tournament approximately one month ago

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/poster.png[/IMG]

It was really fun! I got to the semifinals in the singles and won

Posted by Arcadios

Felt bad for you so I'm posting to make you feel better.

What character did the winner use?

Posted by Klarth

WHAT TIER CHARMOVESET AND STAGEROTATOR AND WAVEDASHING RULES DID YOU USE????

tier tier wavedash

Posted by Zeta

If it wasn't NO ITEMS 1 ON 1 FINAL DESTINATION then it wasn't a tourney.

Posted by Corrupt

Well done for what (I'm assuming) was your first tournament. I know I didn't make it nearly as far at my first one (third round), but then again, some of the best players in SoCal had shown up and were kind of wiping the floor with the carcasses of the more inexperienced Smashers. Fun times, though I remember a few of the people not taking it too well, especially a fellow named Geo whom I beat with Pichu :D

Posted by Red

heh heh my first and only tournament was the Trans Canada tournament in Missisauga not too far back. I did terrible I only won one Match...Match not set, in my pool. but it was fun and I won a few friendly matches! :)

who do you Main X?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Arcadios;737413]What character did the winner use?
Kirby. But I got beaten by a Link on Green Greens. ******* exploding boxes!

[quote=Zeta;737436]If it wasn't NO ITEMS 1 ON 1 FINAL DESTINATION then it wasn't a tourney.

The final was on Final Destination and one of my matches ended up on Final Destination. I really like that stage, no matter what anyone says. :(

[quote=Red;737533]who do you Main X?

Falco in singles, Captain Falcon in doubles.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hahaha, oh man. A Kirby won.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He was really good. Spammed the hell out of Up + B though. And he kicked the crap out of the Link I lost to in the semifinals, which made me feel a bit better.

Posted by Linko_16

I'd love to be in a Smash Bros tournament, even if it's a small one just to test my skills against more than just one or two of my friends, but I've never heard of one in my area.

Posted by Ant

yeah, spamming the up+b with kirby can be fun. I sure do love annoying people.

Posted by Ant

sadly, the only two other smashers I've been able to play again who weren't friends and were good were corrupt and his friend, of which had more skill than me, but I was able to keep tow and I'd say overall it was pretty evenly matched.

Posted by The Judge

I'd say I pretty much kicked the living crap out of Ian in Smash Bros, much to his sweaty dismay.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

At the tournament I was at last night, it was a mix of regulars from the LAN centre it was being hosted in and people who had shown up solely to win the prizes. A couple of guys were wavedashing and ****, but I didn't cross paths with any of them. I had to fight a guy who probably had cancer, though!

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Judge: I'd say I pretty much kicked the living crap out of Ian in Smash Bros, much to his sweaty dismay.

probably just an off day for him, and good for you.

but lol at the sweaty dismay. as long as it isn't in the car.

Posted by The Judge

I wouldn't play video games with him in the car. He'd sweat up the joint.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting The Judge: I'd say I pretty much kicked the living crap out of Ian in Smash Bros, much to his sweaty dismay.

Try going against me again, and it'll be YOU WHO SWEATS WHEN I KICK YOUR ***

it's not my fault that it's ****ing hot :(

Posted by Ant

LOL

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Linko_16: I'd love to be in a Smash Bros tournament, even if it's a small one just to test my skills against more than just one or two of my friends, but I've never heard of one in my area.

Try looking [url=http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93]here[/url]; chances are you'll find more than a few people in the surrounding area that'll want to Smash it up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

hundred bucks? that ain't bad for losing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Could have won a maximum of $800 and a New Super Mario Bros statuette in the singles or $400 and a bunch of PC games for the doubles. Didn't do too bad though. :cool:

Quoted post: New Super Mario Bros statuette

is it sad I want this more than 400 bucks?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/417CCNC0BEL._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]

Here it is! In all its 12" glory.

DO WANT

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I did too. :(

Next year... next year...

Posted by Ant

I've had better

Posted by Red

I believe it, alot is better than Mario.

I wanted that Big Daddy statuette pretty hardcore too. Couldn't get one though :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Could have got it, but then I'd be suck in a foreign country with no means of getting home. :cool:

I got the limited edition tin though.

**** tins.

Posted by Ant

tins suck

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I LIKE IT OKAY

AND I'LL BUY THE GAYLO 3 TIN TOO

LEs are lame. There's rarely anything in them I want. An extra disc of developers making the game, or *** forbid, making the extra disc? Do not want. Art books can be cool. Posters are welcomed if free. Shirts usually suck and I can get them for free at EB if I want and so does everything else in them usually. Now, a statuette? That's pretty boss. A helmet is too. Except, not a sixty dollar cat helmet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUT VAMP, DONT YOU WANNA SEE HOW THE GAME WAS MADE, E.G. CONCEPT ART

NOPE. especially since they're usually taken from videos posted on the internet months before! lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... you can find it on the internet?!

[IMG]http://blog.eponymous.org/pics/HeadExplodeBig.gif[/IMG]

not just anywhere though

Posted by Linko_16

The only videogame figurines I've ever gotten were this Astaroth one I found cheap online:

(these pictures are crappy, but you get the idea)

And a Cut Man action figure I found at KB toys.

Posted by Omni

The only figurines I've ever bought were Freddie Mercury ones, including the recalled one in the leather with no shirt on. Anyway, I also want to buy a David Bowie one.