movie based games and vice versa

Posted by muffla

http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/sponsors/timeshift/timeshift_index.html?submitme=I+am+at+least+18+years+of+age
this is the first im hearin of a time**** movie and it looks great, but it also brings up a good point. Should games be made into movies and vice versa. the olny good ones i can think of are resident evil movies were good. and the spiderman 2 game was amazing (loosly based but w/e) some other OK ones were doom and mortal kombat

Posted by Prince Shondronai

"Looks great?" Special effects are nice, but the choreography sucks. I've seen better moves at the Special Olympics than the guy in the suit has.

In general, games should be made in to movies, yes. Games should not be made into bad movies, though. How to avoid that is anyone's guess, because not many studios have gotten it right thus far.

Posted by muffla

yea i see what you mean, i should have said this movie has great potential, as long as they dont screw it up

Posted by Fred333

Very trueabout making games into movies, example Doom. Need I say more?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Is this that live-action commercial of TimeShift? Because I thought that was actually pretty cool, you know, for a commercial/trailer. It's a tad cheesy and it has flaws, but whatever. They clearly don't have the funding or experience that [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24180.html]Halo 3[/url] has behind their live-action videos, but hey, it wasn't bad.

As for movies, I don't mind them. As long as, you know, they're made into good movies which really has yet to happen... though I have high hopes for Halo after seeing the live-action videos and maybe that will set a new precedent...

Posted by Speedfreak

Wow, I've never seen that Halo video before. It's weird, it's obviously set in the Halo universe but it feels nothing like it. Where's the 2 story jumps and run and gunning? No one actually takes cover like that in Halo!

Quoted post: No one actually takes cover like that in Halo!

Everyone but master chief does, including most of the badguys.

lol :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Yah but it's more like running completely behind cover then completely out of it, rather then just sticking your gun out of the side of a wall. It made it look like Rainbow Six or something.

exact gameplay != good movie?

Posted by varrybarry

I definitely don't think good game play translates into a good movie. A good movie involves a lot more than a good storyline.