Tekken 6 gets fat guy.

Posted by lanzer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/large-and-in-charge/tekken-6-gets-chubby-dude-294950.php

His name is bob. bob likes to eat. bob will eat j00. fear the 1000 rolls of bob!

Posted by Linko_16

Looks like kinda of a rip of Cheng Sinzan.

That or a super-saiyan Mario.

EDIT: From Fatal Fury, by the way. Kind of an obscure character by now.

Posted by Bebop

Tekken has a guy with a panda head, a wooden puppet, a tiny boxing dinosaur, bears and other retarded characters. Why is this guy getting such negative response?

Posted by Degeneration

I think my favorite franchise just dissed my country.

Posted by Bebop

If your favorite video game frachise is Tekken you deserved to be mocked.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I was laughing about this with the Tekken fans in my arcade yesterday. He's like Paul Phoenix's white-trash brother. While Paul was out training and working on his bike, Bob was eat'n burgers and potatoing the couch.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

reminds me of a fat cloud

and it's just a really bad character design. Another reason tekken sucks.

Posted by Shade

I don't think he's that bad. =/

Posted by Speedfreak

Am I the only one whi think's Tekken is the worst fighter ever made?

Apart from Mr Itagaki, of course.

Posted by Klarth

I dunno; I really liked Tekken 3. I tried out subsequent installments and found them boring, though.

Posted by Zeta

Best fightan gaem character ever.

Posted by Degeneration

Quoting netman: I dunno; I really liked Tekken 3. I tried out subsequent installments and found them boring, though.

It seems like everybody loved 3 and Tag but stopped there. I blame 4's relative slowness.

I may be a fan, but I recognize an asstastic design when I see it. Ganryu made a fine token fat guy. All I'm gonna add is that if they give us this joke character and no Kunimitsu, heads will roll.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Dead or Alive games are so much better.

But they don't have a chubby white guy whose only form of income is the money he gets from working as a stuntman for Shamu.

I've never been a fan of the Tekken series, but since 5 was so big at my store, I've dabbled in it. It's certainly better than previous installments that I've played, and all the hardcore fans are really excited that I'll be getting a machine for 6 as soon as it's available. For 3D fighters, though, I prefer the Soul Calibur series over all others.

Posted by lanzer

BACKSTORY

Quoted post: BOB

ボブ
格闘の天才ともてはやされ、引き締まった体と整った顔立ちから人気のあったボブだが、体格の大きな相手にどうしても勝てず「ウエイトとパワーを増しつつスピードを保つ」という極めて難しい肉体改造に挑むため表舞台から姿を消した。

数年に渡る肉体改造を終えて帰ってきたボブの変貌に周囲は驚き、失笑したがボブは意に介さず、己の肉体に満足の様子であった。そして機が熟したと見た彼は、その肉体を試すため大会出場を決意する。

Bob

Known as a martial arts genius, with his toned body and handsome face he was very popular. However when he was unable to beat opponents who were larger than he was, Bob became determined to engineer his body to increase power and weight while maintaining speed. For this reason, Bob disappears from the fighting world.

A few years later after completing his body engineering… Everyone around him is shocked at his appearance! Although people are not taking Bob seriously anymore, he is confident about his new found strength. To test his new found power he enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.

+

=

agree?

Posted by Colonel

no.

That guy in the first picture looks familiar. Who is he and what is he from?

Posted by Sion_thefallenangel

He is from a cartoon that was on cartoon network. Megas XLR I think the show was called. But to me I can kind of see it a little but not alot.

Oh I think the guys name was Coop.... I think

I know it's really hard for writers in the fighter genre to come up with decent backstories... but gees. They couldn't have come up with something better?

Hmm..."Seeing Bob's unbelievable skill, Haihachi launched a sinister plot to remove this young upstart from the running in the next King of Iron Fist Tournament. A dash of chemicals in his sport drink later, Bob's self-control vanished. He became a lean, mean, eating machine until he wasn't so lean anymore."

Posted by Echo

Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned Bob from Fight Club yet.

"This is Bob. Bob had ***** tits."

It's a pretty silly idea. I've never particularly liked Tekken's crazy characters, and Bob here isn't any different.

Posted by Fred333

I have always thought Tekken was overated. Always been a MK type of a guy.

MK ****ing sucks and it's way more overrated.

Posted by Ant

All 3D fighters are overated OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH

Posted by Fred333

Mk was the best... now street fighter comes in a close second though.

Virtua Fighter is the best. End of.