BioShock banned... from Valve

Posted by Big Boss

[url="http://kotaku.com/gaming/fps-shocker!/valve-bans-bioshock-294409.php"]Valve Bans BioShock[/url]

[quote]"We had to ban Bioshock from our offices," Valve boss Gabe Newell told us. "Nobody gets to play it until Orange Box is done - that's our reward to ourselves as a company; everyone gets a copy of Bioshock."

Sweet! Now THAT is a compliment to a fellow company's game. You go do that and release a good Half-Life 2 360 port, Valve!

Thankfully, we don't have that rule here... other than on the BioShock launch date when a lot of my fellow designers mysteriously disappeared for the rest of the day.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, that's one hell of a compliment. But it's true. It's hard to want to play/work on anything else when you know you got an amazing game just waiting to be finished.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GET BACK TO MAKING TEAM FORTRESS 2

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss;736132][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]You go do that and release a good Half-Life 2 360 port, Valve![/COLOR][/FONT]

Is there something wrong with the 360 version?

Originally Half-Life 2 was nearly unplayable on the 360.

Posted by Speedfreak

It seems like he's talking about the Orange box on 360.

Posted by Klarth

I tihnk he was just implying something along the lines of "**** yeah, Valve! Good for you! Now make a great game!"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I thought he was referring to the ***-awful emulation of the original XBox Half-Life 2 on the 360.

That's what it sounds like to me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Not as bad as Marvel vs Capcom 2, where the sprites were invisible. How the hell could they release it in such a state? :(

Posted by Fred333

Not to change the subject; I am looking forward to the Orange box especially that portal game. I really think it is mind blowing. Plus I like those puzzle games. Anyone else?