Posted by Zelda_Guy

I don't know how many people hate the ipod but I do so deal with it! lol

Reasons are..

1 over priced
2 not the best
3 and ya

IGNORE THIS POST IM BORED!!!

Posted by Omni

If it's not the best, what is and why? Also, the third reason is just amazing.

Posted by Colonel

I too hate the Ipod for various reasons.

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Zelda_Guy: not the best

THIS IS BECAUSE ZUNE HAS GIVEN US A NEW WAY TO LOOK AT MP3 PLAYERS.

But seriously, how'd you come to that conclusion? Even if you're bored, that post makes no sense. :\

Posted by Klarth

If you were to receive one as a gift I'm sure your reasoning would immediately be nullified.

I love mine. It's fine. It doesn't have universal codec support, but how hard is it to transcode to vbr mp3? Only thing I can think of that lets it down is that the reverb rate is an infinitesimal fraction lower than a competing iRiver device, but you'd have to be some kind of meticulous audophile to notice that.

I get the impression you're hating on pop culture. You're not alternative, nor are you against the grain.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, wait, you're twelve.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I get the impression you're hating on pop culture. You're not alternative, nor are you against the grain.

Yeah, sounds like it. I've had the video one for a couple years now (whenever it came out) and I'm still satisfied with it. Other than the fact that it scratches easily, I see no reason to hate it.

Posted by Colonel

I prefer My Zen VPlus.

Posted by Omni

Haha, my iPod has more memory by far than your tiny Zen!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I love my Discman.

Posted by The Hate

Ill stick with my tape player. Nah seriously I lovez my Ipod. I do wanna buy a black 30g Video. On my nano, the screen broke and theres a huge black spot on the screen.

Posted by Red

Quoting Colonel: I too hate the Ipod for various reasons.

there ya go.

anyway I too am not a big fan of the Ipod for mainly one reason.
alot of people just buy them because it's like a "fad" besides I'm perfectly content with my normal Mp3 player.

Quoting The Hate: Ill stick with my tape player. Nah seriously I lovez my Ipod. I do wanna buy a black 30g Video. On my nano, the screen broke and theres a huge black spot on the screen.

that happened to my friends mini and now he can only see the bottom of the screen where the songs bar shows up.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Red]
alot of people just buy them because it's like a "fad" besides I'm perfectly content with my normal Mp3 player.

I have one because it's a good mp3 player with a really good interface. People who buy a technology product because it's the 'in' thing are peons, and so are those who believe that's what it's all about.

Posted by Red

Quoting Red: besides I'm perfectly content with my normal Mp3 player.

I don't buy an IPod because I have an Mp3 player that works fine, I'm not one of those people who needs the best quality, I'm perfectly fine having something that works.

Posted by Omni

Click wheels rock pretty hard, too. I wouldn't by any MP3 player beyond the iPod shuffle that doesn't have one.

Posted by The Hate

MY friend has a samsung that looks pretty sweet.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah well MY friend has big tits!

Posted by The Hate

Is he a guy? lol

Quoted post: anyway I too am not a big fan of the Ipod for mainly one reason.
alot of people just buy them because it's like a "fad"

Just as bad.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Zelda_Guy: I don't know how many people hate the ipod but I do so deal with it! lol

Reasons are..

1 over priced
2 not the best
3 and ya

IGNORE THIS POST IM BORED!!!

Apple got it just right with the shuffle and I love the new clip-shuffle even more. No screen, no extra bull**** I don't need, and it holds enough tunes to mellow out a 9 hour international flight. Perfect in the car, on the bike, on foot; anywhere. It's inexpensive. It's small. It's durable. It's perfection.

Anything else, IMO, is excessive for the purpose of listening to music. I really hate devices that combine everything together (like the iPhone) because the overall quality of all of the functions tends to suffer.

Posted by Oforia

No I hate the shuffle. I like to control what I listen to without searching through 250 songs.

80gb ipod is what I have.

Posted by Klarth

Shuffling is optional, but I can agree that it's irksome to not have a screen.

I usually keep mine on shuffle anyways, but there are those times I want to listen to one specific band or song. And sometimes I'm not sure what band I'm even listening to so I like having a screen =3

Posted by Klarth

That's like how all Cannibal Corpse songs sound the same as all other Cannibal Corpse songs!

LOL

I just have a tendency to add music I haven't listen to yet.

Posted by Trigger

I have nothing against my 2GB iPod Mini, but I'm not going to update to the latest type. I'm not really phased by the whole "MP3 player" drama. Stop crying and just buy the one you find works well for you. Christ.

Quoted post: but I'm not going to update to the latest type.

Don't blame you. The new Nano isn't looking so hot.

Posted by G-Sides

tbqh i hate ipods :/ went through two that always always had problems until they broke. got a creative zen and haven't had one problem with it. audio quality is superior, video quality is superior. the only, ONLY thing the ipod has > zen are games.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

My family has 3 iPods, and I think they are overrated.
Not FFVII overrated, iPods are actually decent.

Posted by maian

My little 512 MB Sansa is something I thought I'd hate. Mind you, I got it for free, but it's essentially a shuffle that can hold like, 120 songs. But the songs never had bad quality, and it was a good size, with good battery life, etc. It didn't shuffle song, but they were all in a long, random list. The list order never changed. When I started using my sister's Zen, I discovered I liked listening to music that way. I liked actually shuffling the songs, until I realized that many got played a lot, and when I went through my library, many had never been played at all. My Sansa has a black hole in the screen, rendering it useless, but I love it for a little player.

I've always wanted one of them high tech iPods, but when I think about it, I'd probably getting much more for my money if I simply got a shuffle. I'd consider an iPod Touch, but I realize for $100 more, I could get an iPhone. And iPhones are too expensive. Thus, iPod Touch =/= Not great deal for me!

Posted by The Hate

Thats what happened to my friends mp3 player. He smashed the screen in his pocket. He got that samsung.

Posted by Shade

My iPod video has been fully functional for over a year and doesn't have a single scratch! I'm pretty happy with it.