Owen Wilson atempts to commit suicide.

Posted by Crazy K

I heard about this on some news show, and I didn't catch it in time to see who it was. Anyways now I know. lol I spelled Attempts wrong.

[quote]LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Police were called to Owen Wilson's home because of an attempted suicide report, according to a police log of weekend calls.

The log doesn't indicate who made the call Sunday, but lists "attempt suicide" as the reason for it.
Wilson was in good condition Monday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Hospital officials said Tuesday they weren't releasing any updated information.
The actor's publicist, Ina Treciokas, declined to answer questions Tuesday about whether Wilson attempted to commit suicide. She said Wilson's statement asking for privacy was all that was being released.

Wilson had two movies in production and two more upcoming releases to help promote.
DreamWorks Pictures said in a statement that filming continues on "Tropic Thunder," a comedy starring Wilson. The studio offered no details on whether Wilson's role in the film, directed by Ben Stiller and starring Jack Black, would be recast.
It was also unknown if Wilson's hospitalization would affect his appearance opposite Jennifer Aniston in the 20th Century Fox comedy "Marley & Me."
A Fox spokesman told Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety that "it's a totally inappropriate question at this time" whether he would appear in the movie.

Wilson's hospitalization could also keep him from helping promote "The Darjeeling Limited," in which he stars alongside Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman. The Fox Searchlight film was to be released next month.
Paramount also had a Wilson film due out in March: the Judd Apatow-produced "Drillbit Taylor."
The 38-year-old actor was initially taken by ambulance from his home to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica on Sunday and later transferred to Cedars.
The police log shows the initial call came in at 12:08 p.m. and cleared at 5:17 p.m. and a report was filed. Police said Monday that privacy laws prohibited them from releasing that document.

The police log was obtained Tuesday by CelebTV.com.
Treciokas released a brief statement on Wilson's behalf: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/28/people.owen.wilson.ap/index.html?eref=googletoolbar"]From CNN[/URL]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

someone was trying to tell me about this today and I thought they were kidding. HUH

Posted by Klarth

That does sound like a pretty good film!

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I actually like Owen Wilson too! :(

wonder why he would've attempted suicide.

Posted by Crazy K

I think I was watching G4 or something and I noticed on the bottom of the screen someone attempted to commit suicide but I didn't catch who. But yeah I'd never expect someone like Owen Wilson to attempt suicide. The details aren't all known so it might not even been an attempted suicide.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

he's just trying to copy much cooler actors like Jonathan Brandis and River Phoenix. But he's too OLD

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I think I was watching G4 or something and I noticed on the bottom of the screen someone attempted to commit suicide but I didn't catch who.

G4: Your number one Celeb-Watch station.

Posted by The Hate

Yea I heard it on the radio and I asked my friends if they knew anything and they said no.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;735516]G4: Your number one Celeb-Watch station.

I rarely watch G4. I was surfing through channels and noticed at the bottom of the screen that someone attempted suicide.

Posted by Bebop

Good. More people should commit suicide. Maybe Jessica Simpson will follow suit?

Posted by Oforia

Except he didn't commit suicide. He failed.

What we need is more people who will succeed.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

"because there's nothing worse than a suicide chump"