New In Flames song: "Abnegation"

Posted by Klarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0cUPAhK4w

Like a month ago. wtf how did I miss this :(

It sounds like Come Clarity meets Clayman, and the chorus is pretty nice. Might take some breaking in, though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Clayman's always good.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I lost most of my interest with In Flames years ago, but I still throw on Lunar Strain or Jester Race once in a while. Gonna check out that song at least.

Posted by Shade

Well, if this is an indication of what's to come, I'm not going to be an In Flames fan any time soon.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Shade: Well, if this is an indication of what's to come, I'm not going to be an In Flames fan any time soon.

Then do what most of the head-up-the-*** snob fans do and only listen to what they recorded from Lunar Strain to Colony. If you actually ****ing listen to Ordinary Story sometime (i think i sent it to you like twice) then maybe things will happen

Posted by Omni

I just can't get into this genre of music. Also, for some reason I don't like the vocals on this song.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The only album I ever actually liked Anders vocals on was Dark Tranquillity's Skydancer.

Posted by Richaod

I don't like it very much... sounds kind of like a worse version of Come Clarity overall. The fact that it's on a Bam Margera compilation is probably half the reason though.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bam Margera is the reason half those annoying faggot kids have heard of Amorphis and Children Of Bodom etc.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I was expecting to go against the douchebags hating a song because another famous douchebag likes it, but . . . I didn't like it. The vocals don't have that race or that intensity I liked with IF, the refrain sounds awful and I could honestly sing better, and *me taking a dump*