I'm Looking for Something New

Posted by Near

So lately I have been getting a lot of new music by artists I normally do not listen to, and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I am open to just about anything, except Country, but from what I have seen, no one listens to that here, so won't have to worry about that.

So yeah, if you have any good artists you'd like to recommend, I would appreciate it.

Posted by Omni

Listen to World's End Girlfriend.

If you know how to find my blog, you can download some of his albums there. You can also request music there and it will get uploaded, and there's a decent selection of stuff to browse in the upload thread, so you can look for things that sound like they might be interesting.

SPOILERS: Click the weirdo picture in my signature.

Posted by Shade

Porcupine Tree.

Posted by Fate

The Bravery and Lola Ray. My two faves. One's a techno synth band with catchy stuff and one's an indie alternative rock band.

Posted by Roger Smith

Poets of The Fall, Information Society and Freeze Pop.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Leaves' Eyes (symphonic/folk metal), Nightwish (symphonic metal), Therion (aside from their earlier stuff; symphonic metal), Ulver (varies), Kamelot (prog/symphonic/power metal), After Forever (symphonic metal), etc. Also, anything by Jeremy Soule and Michael Hoenig.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

holy crap, Leaves' Eyes. They opened for Blind Guardian when I went to see them, and didn't think anyone had heard of them (I need to pay more attention I guess). All the nerds were drooling over the lead singer because she's hot and was wearing some Renaissance garb.

you're going to have to be more specific about what exactly you're looking for before I start giving suggestions. What mood are you in? WHat are you wearing? What's your bank account #?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: and didn't think anyone had heard of them (I need to pay more attention I guess).

Chances are if you like BG/Nightwish/etc you like Leaves' Eyes.

Posted by Near

Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and try and get a hold of some of this stuff, let ya know what I think....if anyone cares about my opinion that is :-)

Posted by Klarth

Killing Joke (punk, post-punk, industrial)
OSI (beautiful prog rock with lots of keyboards)
Peace Orchestra (chillout trip-hop/downtempo/dub)
Uriah Heep (happy retro prog)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: holy crap, Leaves' Eyes. They opened for Blind Guardian when I went to see them, and didn't think anyone had heard of them (I need to pay more attention I guess). All the nerds were drooling over the lead singer because she's hot and was wearing some Renaissance garb.

Lucky. They're supposed to be coming here in April, I think. I bet it gets cancelled.

Posted by Near

I was able to get some of this stuff. I really dig 'Porcupine Tree' (Thanks Shade), 'The Bravery' (Thanks Fate), and I really enjoy 'Poets of the Fall', so awesome choice on that one Roger Smith.

I was also able to get some 'Freeze Pop' and it was alright, just didn't seem like my cup of tea, but I am sure I will listen to it some more to see if it might grow on me.

And Omni, I was not able to find a good link on your blog for 'World's End Girlfriend', and I was wondering if you might have any fresh links in stock. I have not been very successful in finding them online anywhere.

Anyways, I am still in the process of getting a lot of the other stuff that you guys mentioned, so I'll probably post again sometime soon on how I liked all of that.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Near: And Omni, I was not able to find a good link on your blog for 'World's End Girlfriend', and I was wondering if you might have any fresh links in stock. I have not been very successful in finding them online anywhere.

I sent you a PM that contains a link to download his first full-length album. Just let me know if it doesn't work and get back to me if you enjoy it.

Posted by Crazy K

If your into progressive metal I suggest Ayreon. Great music. I thought Omni would suggest Explosions in the Sky, so I will. It's some good instrumental music. :)

Anyways that's all I feel like suggesting at the moment.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Okay, I have a good list. First, some light classical-rock: Skillet. Their best album is Comatose, and their best song is also named that. I suggest you look them up; they are worth your time. Second: Easy listening rock: Before Nine. Youtube does not have anything of theirs, but you can look them up on itunes, or beforenine.com. They are EXTREMELY little-known (their fan base is my and the lead singer's cousin Chase) but they know their stuff. Metal Rock: Kamelot. Good band- their best is "March of Mephisto." Also, there is Lacuna Coil. They are an exceptional death-metal band that is going places. Love them. German Metal Rock: L'Ame Immortelle. Okay, the name is French, but most of thir songs are in German, and they are amazing. New age classical: Emilie Autumn. Just check her out, okay? Her music is hard to describe. And, finally, if you like classical, there is Angele Dubeau.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

listen to dark ambient/noise

Posted by Klarth

Some fresh bands you might like:

Slipknot
MCR
Atreyu
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Bullet For My Valentine
ICP