something wrong with gold

Posted by jake from da vgchat

my pokemon gold isnt loading the last data i saved at i only got it last weak but it wont save.does this happen on all gold games or can u turn something on or off 2 make it work if not it might be my game.plz post here so i can get help.

Posted by crelda

Sounds like your game is just broke. Where did you get it? You seem to have been sold something broked.

Posted by protomanv4

Sounds like the internal battery ran out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold
[QUOTE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold] A common problem found in the second generation of games is a problem with the internal battery after roughly six years. The internal battery is located inside of the cartridge which allows the game to save the user's progress. Many people have reported that their games no longer save due to this problem.

It is possible to fix this, but the cartridge must be opened and the battery must be taken out, and a new battery must be soldered in.[2] The battery model is similar to model CR2025, and can be purchased at any electronics store. However, the internal battery has small conductive tabs spot-welded to its exterior, and are difficult to remove from the original battery. Although if the secondary battery can be obtained by further dismantling of the game this will automatically fix the problem if removed and then the rest of the game is put back together.
lol im not good in quoteing so sorry, if u can't read it just go the url and scroll down to Internal battery failure and if u want to see the puctures do it too.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Odd how my Final Fantasy on the Nes still remembers data after 20 + years and yet Star Fox 64 does not.

The really strange thing is that I noticed its the batteries with Gold more than the other PokeMon games. My sisters Gold won't save either thanks to the inferior battery (unlike her Tamagochi which she ran through the wash by accident and won't save either:D)