Arcades today

Posted by Captain Falcon

I remember when i was about 8 years old arcades used to be awsome, with fighting games and pinball machines everywhere, but the arcades today suck. There are hardly any pinball machines and hardly any fighting games. They are all packed with ticket games(games that dispence tickets), shooting games, and dancing games. I just visited an arcade over the weekend and it basically sucked ***. I was looking for a good fighting game involving marvel or street fighter characters, but i found nothing. All i found was about 6 or 7 House of the Dead and Time Crises games, Millions of ticket games, two pinaball machines(one borken), Tekken 4 + Soul Caliber 2(the only 2 fighting games), and about 3 Dance Dance Revolution games. I am very dissapointed in arcades today.

Posted by bazariah

i know how you feel, but this just reflects the changing times we live in... back in the day there was an emphasis on change and pushing the boundries and physical limitations of available hardware to make the games better than their home counterparts, since hardware become cheaper and home systems could do everything an arcade machine could do the arcades were made redundent

i would personally like to see a return to the old styles, crews of people cheering the newest combatant on a fighting game, and revelling in delight when a new shooter appears, having the same kid being on a streetfighter cab 24/7 never breaking a sweat beating all comers, the smell of smoke in the air and the sighht of dried cider and blood on the floor... i miss all of this

Posted by Anethemo Rex

yeah like pac-man and stuff and mr do and dig dug. their all awesome as heck and i dont ever see those kinds of games.

but i do like crusin usa and stuff even tho their new.

Posted by Arczu

[font=Times New Roman][size=4]I like the old arcades too. They used to only cost about 25

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm opening up my own arcade, since Namco is shutting down the Aladdin's Castle that I'm currently the manager of. All games will only be one or two tokens per play, and there will be no ticket-dispensing games. Yes, I'll still have DDR and a bunch of shooters, but you've got to have what makes money. I'll also have no less than 4 pinball machines, more classics, and a couple more fighters, though. Air hockey will also be in attendance.

Posted by Creon Dragon X

I'm new....but some of the old airplaine games are gone too...like the one in my bro's job...1 pinball(eats coins b/c one of the flippers is broken),2 airplaine(one is ALLWAYS off),3 shootters and DragonballZ fighting game(off)...

Posted by Dexter

I don't spend much time in arcades anymore. I used to enjoy going to them occasionally in my later childhood years and early teen years. I don't even bother playing many of the games that I see in arcades today. They just don't interest me, perhaps because I am not as easily amused or maybe because they are just not enjoyable anymore. I'll go with the later, because I still enjoy playing many of the games I used to play in arcades. I prefer the luxury of playing games in my own house, anyhow, within my own specified environment. DDR is the only arcade game I frequent and even that is becoming a rarity. Usually the only time I mess around with arcades these days is at the movie theater while waiting for a particular film to begin.

The arcade I have in my room is far superior. There are games in there that I would like to get around to playing. Many more adventures await me in there. I just need to make the time for them, but I have no rush because I know they will be there waiting for me whenever I am ready and have the time. I have numerous Game Cube games that I haven't even started yet, such as Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Frankly, I miss old arcades. If there were more around, or any at all in my case, I'm sure that I would be spending a lot more time getting to know my r00ts a lot better.