Nintendo Wii has outsold the competition...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.vgchartz.com/

The Wii's on top. Happy music, etc.

Posted by Colonel

Ah I was wondering when this day would come.

Posted by Crazy K

Lol PS3 only sold 4.32M

Posted by Dexter

Thanks Japan.

Posted by Ant

It's not that the Wii sold amazingly in Japan(which it did), but more so how pathetic the 360 is doing in there instead.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Yeah. Poor 360 can't get even as much luvin' as the ps3 in Japan. It's sad. They're so smart about just about everything else.

Posted by Last Fog

It doesn't matter how smart they are. An American product will never sell in Japan.

Posted by s0ul

What about Bob Sapp???

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, seriously, I had some Japanese exchange students over and they didn't care at all about the 360. They avoided it for weeks but when they finally got around to playing it they thought it was actually pretty cool.

Posted by Phantom75230

im not really surprised, do u really think a $400-$500 system would outsell an even better system that costs a lot less?

not only that but lately Nintendo has absolutely Destoyed the competition (Except for X-Box 360, b/c it has almost as much % as the Wii)

i think that Microsoft should make a handheld to keep up int the competition

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: im not really surprised,

No one is.

Posted by Fate

This was known ages ago. Price, casual games, etc.

Posted by Speedfreak

Silly Fate, this happened today!
VGChartz isn't totally accurate. It's basically all the sales so far plus guesswork for day by day sales based on all previous months. Usually turns out roughly correct a month later, though.

I do believe I won the bet I had with Soul, I said Wii would overtake as early as the summer. It's still August!

I think she means it was known the Wii would outsell everyone else relatively quickly.

Posted by Speedfreak

Everyone knows after 6 months of Wii pimp-slapping the doubters, sure. I knew a year ago and I'm not letting her belittle it >:O

la-dee-dah

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, bet was that it would happen before Christmas this year. Pretty sure I ****ed that up.

Posted by Speedfreak

I may have mentioned this before, but on another forum I go to about the same time last year these two guys had a similar bet, except they actually bet a thousand dollars.

Posted by Ant

that's silly.