Super Mario World 3

Posted by LINK_101

when Iplaythis game Princess Peach writes you a letter about a magic whistle does it really exist and if it does how do I get it and where is it.

Posted by -Shadow-

Sure. There are three in the game that warp you to your choice of the next three worlds from where you currently are. It's been awhile since I have gotten them and have completly forgotten where they are (unless I started to play it, then I would remember) anyway you can find the locations of the whistles here:
[url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url]

Posted by Corrupt

I think you're talking about Super Mario Bros. 3.

And yeah, I do remember that one of the warp whistles in the game was in the first fortress you'd go in. Go to the second question mark block, get rid of the Dry Bones (the skeleton Koopa) to the right, and then get a running start and fly up over to the left. Keep running and you should eventually find yourself at a little door. Press up to go inside and open a little treasure chest with a warp whistle inside. And of course, like Shadow mentioned, Gamefaqs will help you in getting the other two whistles in the game.

Posted by bazariah

one of the others can be obtained by playing stage 1-3 get to the end and you see a set off blocks, which are parts of the level design, jump on the white one then duck for around 5 seconds, you'll fall through the block into the background, run to the end and you'll find a secret toad hous behind the black part of the screen, inside his magic box is a whistle :D

Posted by Linko_16

Just a fun fact: Super Mario Brothers 3's "Magic Whistle" is a spoof on the Recorder from "The Legend of Zelda," which would play the same melody and bring the same Tornado you see in SMB3. Zelda's Recorder would whip you around Hyrule and set you down in front of a conquered dungeon.

Posted by VicE

Just for the sake of completeness, the third magic whistle's in World 2. Get a hammer item from one of the Hammer Bros, then break the rock in the top right corner of the map to find a hidden Toad house that has the whistle.

Quoting Linko_16: Just a fun fact: Super Mario Brothers 3's "Magic Whistle" is a spoof on the Recorder from "The Legend of Zelda," which would play the same melody and bring the same Tornado you see in SMB3. Zelda's Recorder would whip you around Hyrule and set you down in front of a conquered dungeon.

You'd be surprised how many people don't realize this... I've seen so many people say "OMG the recorder from Zelda is really from SMB3!" when LoZ CLEARLY came out earlier. o_O;

Posted by LINK_101

thanks for your help

Posted by Arczu

Oh yeah, those whistles lets you save hours of time. I remeber how we used to beat this game without even knowing what the whistles were. Awesome.

Quoting Linko_16: Just a fun fact: Super Mario Brothers 3's "Magic Whistle" is a spoof on the Recorder from "The Legend of Zelda," which would play the same melody and bring the same Tornado you see in SMB3. Zelda's Recorder would whip you around Hyrule and set you down in front of a conquered dungeon.
You even hear it in the main screen's theme for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time where Link is riding Epona. Such a simple annotation to miss...

I didn't know that either. That is cool.

Posted by Dark Link

You also hear the song in Minish Cap when you play "The Wind Ocarina" or whatever it's called :p
I knew the song, but couldn't get where it was from until about the Ice Temple :D