Puppets

Posted by S

Okay, we need some sort of system for this because I'm really getting tired of banning puppets and nothing getting done about it.

Permanent infractions that aren't removed would be a viable option if you ask me. I suggest for every puppet, said person receives x (x being what we determine viable. Whether it be 2, 3, 5, or a scaling effect. First offense: 1, Second offense: 3, etc etc.) permanent infractions that are never reversed.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now, be nice to Panic!!!!!! :D

Posted by S

I'm not picking on anyone in particular, but people like Poco and Yonaka abuse this. Panic is banned as far as I'm concerned and that shouldn't be lifted after his past attitudes concerning the site. A more steadfast approach may be of use in regards to puppets, is all I'm saing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Really, there's no point in making threads like this. Nothing will ever be done.

Posted by Iris

thanks for the input, vamp.

With proxies and stuff it's becoming very hard to keep track of people, and as annoying puppets are, we certainly can't manage to punish all of them when they're kept secret.

Still, I agree something about it needs to be done since it's becoming like a fad now and it really shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances. I suggest we permaban any puppet accounts and ban the original uder depending on the amount of puppets they've made. A week the first time, a month the second, and then permanent any afterwards.

Quoted post: thanks for the input, vamp.

What? It's true. You can ban puppet accounts and original accounts all you want, but it'll does ****-all.

Posted by S

I think your idea should work in theory Iris but no one's been taking too it. I'll do it, I just didn't want to get **** for it.

Who cares if you get ****? People know the rules.

Posted by S

I'd like to preserve my position for the sake of my board, is all. I don't act without thinking how it'll affect that.

pff, **** that. I'll ban them then.

Posted by Ant

can we ban nazo? roger's friend/might as well be puppet?

iris would reverse it

Posted by Ant

worthless member, just trolls onmi. I don't see why not.

I've banned a couple members like that and she's reversed it.

Posted by S

Has he been doing it outside of Wackouniversity and blogs? If so, yeah sure ban him.

Posted by Iris

Actually, banning the original account as well would be more effective then what we seem to be doing now, which is simply banning the puppet.

Vamp, I've reversed some of your bans because there's ****ty grounds for them. It's rule breaking that deserves a ban, not general dislike for the person.

See, I know what you mean, but when everyone doesn't like the person and they say that the only reason they post is to outright annoy people, I think that's a pretty good reason to ban someone. It's a form of trolling, and as far as I know, that's against the rules.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: It's rule breaking that deserves a ban, not general dislike for the person.

Is that your confession that you want Panic unbanned??!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Well, if they're not blatantly trolling, assuming a cop-out reply like "I just do it for giggles" is really sincere would be stupid. Obviously the person's not going to say "I have a dislikable personality and I can't help but annoy you by acting the way I normally do."

But seriously, what's the point? I just don't get it. Why keep someone around that no one likes nor even wants on the forum? I understand that you don't want to just ban people left and right, but it's not like this place is starving for members. And even if that were the case, do we really want members who add nothing of value and only post out of spite? It's idiotic. They're not going to improve and suddenly become a decent, respected member. Some people just need to be banned when there's no solid reason to ban them.

Posted by Iris

Just because they're widely disliked doesn't mean they post out of spite. Good members don't join, they're made good by patient and friendly old members. No more lazy elitist bull****. Most people seem to forget what it's like being new to a message board.

Posted by Fate

Usually dumb members leave over time. Banning them repeatedly just makes them leave faster. But banning them without reason on a new account is pretty ****ty to do.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: Just because they're widely disliked doesn't mean they post out of spite. Good members don't join, they're made good by patient and friendly old members. No more lazy elitist bull****. Most people seem to forget what it's like being new to a message board.

you have looked at nazo's post right? he's roger smiths friend, or it very well could be him. all he does is troll omni. he's not some noob who found his way here though pokemon. big difference hmm?

Posted by Fate

Roger is probably one of the least respected members here. The only reason he isn't banned is because he doesn't venture out enough into other boards to spread his stupidity and doesn't make newbie mistakes like posting a thread in the wrong place or advertising. It also helps that he's been here a while and doesn't get too involved with stuff outside his fagland. If this Nazo guy is registered solely to troll, report him and surely it will be taken care of.

Posted by Iris

Ant, since when did I defend Nazo?

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: Just because they're widely disliked doesn't mean they post out of spite.

I JUST FIGURED YOU KNOW.

Quoted post: Just because they're widely disliked doesn't mean they post out of spite. Good members don't join, they're made good by patient and friendly old members. No more lazy elitist bull****. Most people seem to forget what it's like being new to a message board.

Uh, when a member says "I'm just here to annoy you guys" that's out of spite, buddy. I'm not talking about being new to a message board, rather, those that have been around for a few months and still act like idiots for the sake of it. There's a difference and I have no issues with the former.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Why keep someone around that no one likes nor even wants on the forum? do we really want members who add nothing of value and only post out of spite? They're not going to improve and suddenly become a decent, respected member.

er...99% of da members here started out as total n00bies!!! Remember Amy da Pink Hedgehog :amy: Where is she at??!! Oh wait..:eek: She can post in this thread!!!! :eek: Most of you guys were total n00bies when you discovered this place!!!! :D:D:D:D

Now, have compassion for Panic and unban him!!! :D:D:D:D

Heck, da next generation of Super Mods will probably be keyartist, Aslan, Panic, Poco, and Max Mouse!!!! So think of them as your little brothers!!! Teach them how to be *gags* normal!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by S

You're never going to live that down, are you Iris?

Posted by Iris

I don't want to. It remains as proof that some members can change if some of the mods and oldies help them out. Many of my favorite members started out that way.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: It remains as proof that some members can change if some of the mods and oldies help them out. Many of my favorite members started out that way.

And that includes Panic!!! Some day he will be your favorite member!!! Now, be a good Super Mod and unban him!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by S

Yeah, makes sense. I never doubted it though; then again, I was a more reserved newbie and stuck to the dead boards.

Posted by Xenos

R-r-remember Kuyuki? Admittedly, I wasn't as bad as Blaise, but I do agree with Iris.

So do I. :cookie: