Bully: Scholarship Edition.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Nintendo Power: Acclaimed-and somewhat notorious-game studio Rockstar has recently announced plans to bring a big title to the Wii. The mischievous sandbox game Bully: Scholarship Edition, an updated version of the 2006 sleeper hit for the PS2 is arriving this winter. Rockstar says Scholarship Edition will have additional new content; we'll have to wait and see what kind of goodies are in store

Discuss.

Posted by Vbty3

Seems alright.

Posted by Colonel

I wonder how motion controlls will make due.....

Posted by The Hate

They'll prob use it for the slingshot.

Posted by maian

Huh

I don't really care for the game, (Probably because I've never played it) but it already gives me more faith in the Wii. It needs some more mature titles to not be "LOL KIDDY" like GC, and I think this'll help.

Not that the Wii is really doing bad at all.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, because Bully was really mature.

Posted by maian

lol well

I mean more like "LOL I LIEK VIDEO GAEMS BUT THE ONLY GOOD ONES IS GRAND THEFT AUTO AND HALO OHWAI BULLYS PRETTY GOOD TOO LOL"

Maybe I should rephrase that into "Games people's parents would hate", or, "Non kiddy games", even though I don't even care about the lack of them on GC. :(

Posted by s0ul

Thank ***, just what we needed, more prehistoric PS2 ports.

Posted by Last Fog

Mmmm... ports.

Posted by Unite

port of an old game

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Unite: port of an old game

no way

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Thank ***, just what we needed, more prehistoric PS2 ports.

It's a recent game and actually a really good game. Yeah, it's a port, but I don't believe a lot of people even played Bully. This is a good decision.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a hasty decision. As in "holy balls we totally didn't expect Wii to rule the world get something out on it QUICK".

It's proof that all these companies are shifting development towards Wii, though. They know there's money to be made on the system and make no mistake, this flood or ports won't keep up for very long.

I think it will. It makes sense for Rockstar. They got a massive project coming out next year that's surely eating up a lot of cash. Bringing out Bully is going to bring cash back in quick and will make up for whatever they might lose due to the smaller market (compared to SA for example.) As long as there's money to be made, and as long as these epic projects need funding, you're going to see ports. However, we'll also see more full-fledged games, but still, I doubt there will be a shortage of **** games and rushed ports. They're leaving money on the table otherwise.

Posted by Speedfreak

They'll quickly run out of things to port. They know they'll make more money from original titles that really use the Wii Remote well than repeatedly pissing off the fanbase with shoddy ports. If they do keep porting then someone else will get there first. There's no point spending millions on one 360/PS3 game when they can make 3 great Wii games that'll sell to double the installed base.

It depends on the developer preference though. If Rockstar wants to make something on the scope of GTA4, that's what they'll do and they'll do it on a powerful console. Plus, I don't think ports will **** off the fanbase. It might **** me off, but I don't think the Wii is even meant for someone like me, and that's fine. Thing is, ports sell on the Wii and people seem to enjoy them. I don't get it, but hey, whatever. As for running out of things to port? Don't think so. There's hundreds of games that could end up on the Wii if need be and the PSP/PS2 is still coming out with some games. Those will likely end up on the Wii like they are now.

Posted by Zeta

So has our dear friend Mr. Thompson said anything yet?

Pretty sure he already spoke about the game when it came out for the PS2.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

That he had, freaking killjoy that he is. Not that I like Bully or Rockstar either.

Posted by Big Boss

Bully is an excellent game, so it's a good addition to the Wii's PS2 lineup. Of course, I'll just wait until the 360 version comes out to play it again, but it's a nice game to have in the library for those that missed it.

Quoting Speedfreak: It's proof that all these companies are shifting development towards Wii, though. They know there's money to be made on the system and make no mistake, this flood or ports won't keep up for very long.

More like they're including the Wii into their development efforts. Companies like Rockstar, Capcom or any other whose name we actually know will still focus their main, most crucial efforts (GTA IV, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, etc.) on making the games for the tech-heavy consoles like the Xbox 360 and, sometimes, PS3. Tons of companies, like EA and Capcom, aren't licensing Unreal Engine 3 like crazy because they're shifting development to the Wii.

Posted by Speedfreak

Several companies (EA, Capcom, SEGA and Namco) have announced that they're shifting development from PS3 to Wii. This was months ago.

oh yeah, the 360's getting this. Achievements yay

Posted by mis0

I love the achievement things. The more of them you have, the more likely it is that you suck at life/live in your parents' basement.

12,000 AND I LIVE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT LOL

Posted by Speedfreak

Wait, isn't this the game were you have to do an actual detention if you screw up?

Posted by Fred333

I liked the game and feel that is could be expanded a lot.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Speedfreak: Wait, isn't this the game were you have to do an actual detention if you screw up?

If I remember right you just had to cut some grass as punishment.

Posted by Fred333

Yea it was awhile ago but they had creative was for you to serve the detention.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 12,000 AND I LIVE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT LOL

Rank 1 is 203105 points, NEARLY THERE VAMP!

Well that's never going to happen!