Totalitarianism at its best.

Posted by S

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227400/site/newsweek/

I was in tears on the floor at work.

Posted by Iris

I can understand where China's coming from. Reincarnated humans are going to need special identification, or else it'll be madness.

I hope people start making petitions. "The Dalai Lama could be coming to YOUR town! Just sign here."

Posted by S

It's a wonder they didn't do it sooner. I'm sure Ghandi's already there and spreading his caustic waste.

Posted by mis0

And this is the country that is supposed to ascend to be the most powerful on earth in the middle of this century? The future sure is going to be an interesting communist nightmare.

Posted by Xenos

Its not even true communism, its just something CALLED communism.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

and like 90% of our **** comes from this country, yet Cuba is still embargoed. Go figure.

Posted by S

Probably because they could *** rape us with just their corpses.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

well I don't want to hear about all the "bad stuff" that Saddam did, then. China's topped him one hundred times over.

Posted by mis0

At some point we're going to have to deal with China at least on an economic level. They've destroyed the manufacturing industry here, and they're going to put another dent in it when they start exporting cars in 2009, I believe.

When another company wants to sell cars in China, there is a 25% tariff on "imports". However, the cars are usually assembled in China of Chinese-made parts, because the government requires all parts for cars sold in China to be made there. In addition, the auto company is legally required to teach the Chinese auto design principles. There is a reason that one of the newest Chinese deathtraps, the Brilliance BS6, has a Mitsubishi engine. And the same holds true for the future Brilliance model with a stunning resemblance to the BMW 5 series. Brilliance Auto has a partnership with BMW as well.

Stateside, when Chery Auto brings their first car to US shores in the next two years, they'll pay a measley 2.5% import tax. Everything will be made in China (at least Toyota, Subaru, etc, manufacture cars here). How is this fair, exactly?

It isn't, because of our "free trade" policy. I chose this example because it demonstrates not only unfair difference in tariffs, but also how we're having our own techological know how turned around and sold right back to us. We really ought to make it less attractive to buy foreign goods when they are so incredibly detrimental to us. Like, by slapping a 25% tariff on them.

China doesn't care about human rights, and they have surpassed us in greenhouse gas emissions. They supposedly build a new coal powerplant every few weeks. And the amount of other pollution is staggering. Absolutely wonderful.