Goosebumps

Posted by Near

So I am sure a lot of you remember the old R.L. Stine books, 'Goosebumps.' Well my mom told me not too long ago that she had never thrown out my old books that I used to read when I was younger, so while I was at home this past weekend I decided to look around and find them. Sure enough behind all kinds of boxes were my old 'Goosebumps.' Numbers 1 through 61 I believe. I couldn't believe she had kept those books.

Anyways, just thought I would share that with you readers since I am sure someone out there remembers reading these as a kid. I actually think I might read through them just for the hell of it. It would take what, a few hours at the most to read through one of those....could be fun.

Posted by The Hate

Yea I remember those. I have alot of them as well.

Posted by Near

I recall the ones I read being a decent read, so I am kind of curious if they will still hold my attention. Doubtful, but we'll see.

Posted by The Hate

Ehh its a rainy day. I might break one out.

Posted by Slade

My brothers collected most of the ones that I read. IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SINK sticks out in my mind for some reason. Heh, the only Halloween mask I've ever owned is from that Goosebumps book.

I think I'd find the action way too boring now to enjoy reading them again. Pretty sure my step-mom gave them all away anyways. :/

Were those "Turn left, go to page 85; right, page 25" type books in the Goosebumps series? Those used to terrify me, and I hated reading them because I'd die something like 5 times before realizing there was no way to get through the story because of a decision I made a long time before.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

I remember I used to play in 'FOR REAL' mode where I'd have to restart the book if I died. That got old fast.

Posted by The Hate

Aww man I hated reading those books. I was always scared to turn to the page. If you didnt see anything on the right side of the botome of the page you knew you were gonna die.

Posted by Near

Yeah, those choose your own adventure books were never that entertaining. It involved reading the book several times and at the age of 10 or whatever, that wasn't something you wanted to do. I still have I think like two or three of those.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Wow, I remember those! I only have two of them left, but they were good... Not very scary now that I'm not nine anymore, but still a good read.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I used to collect em back in school. Pretty sure I still have my collection lying around here somewhere.

Posted by The Hate

Look in za attic.

Posted by S

Quoting Near: Yeah, those choose your own adventure books were never that entertaining. It involved reading the book several times and at the age of 10 or whatever, that wasn't something you wanted to do. I still have I think like two or three of those.

That **** put the fear of *** in me when I was young. I was scared I'd die if I turned left instead of going straight lol. Not even kidding. I knew my mortality at the age of like, twelve.

Posted by Kit

Quoting The X: I remember I used to play in 'FOR REAL' mode where I'd have to restart the book if I died. That got old fast.

Wait, didn't you have to do that anyway?

I had loads of Goosebumps books, but I thought R.L. Stine's Point Horror books were superior.

As for Choose your adventure books, I loved them. I had lots from a series of them, as well as 3 Sonic the Hedgehog adventure books. Good times.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I STILL love "Choose your own adventure" books!

Posted by The Hate

DID YOU LOOK IN ZA ATTIC?!

Posted by Omni

I remember these. I used to enjoy them when I was really young. A lot of my friends thought they were actually scary. Fun times.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I used to read the CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE titles, but otherwise steered clear of the series.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

That's because "Choose Your Own Adventure" were the best ones. Oh yeah, and those 3D ones were fairly cool also.

Posted by d-link

i remember the books, i love goosebumps, i remembered when i was 12 or 13 i used to spent time in local bookstore to wait for the new release of r.l stines' goosebumps!

Posted by Panic!

Those books were pretty awesome. I don't think I have any of my old ones still but I wish I did. And I remember those choose your own path ones. I don't remember what it was called but it had a big purple alligator on the front of it. I think it was set in a carnival. Good times, man. Good times.