recent drawing, want some opinions.

Posted by Red

I drew up a random warrior guy and thought I'd post it here for some input.

what should I improve on? etc.

[url=http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/Mr_Red_13/kaiguypapuh.jpg]here it is.[/url]

I'll note that you should ignore the hands, I got lazy and if you notice, his left one holding the sword, doesn't even make sense.

Posted by maian

It's alright. How often do you draw?

It's decent, but could still use some work. But, that also depends on the kind of image you want. In terms of anatomy, the head is too large and the arms and legs aren't really convincing. For the pose he's standing in, it'd probably be better to angle the chest armor to a more frontal view, due to the way his feet are arranged. If you're someone like me who actually looks, it ends up looking like he's twisting his body somewhat. He could use more a forehead, and it's good to put detail in a covered eye, for at least as much that's showing. It doesn't have a lot of detail, and his hand is pretty high up on the sword.

Sorry, but constructive criticism is a good thing.

And I don't only have negatives. A lot of what I said up above is a bit harsh, because I don't really know what level you are by seeing only this one picture. So for some things that come naturally to me, such as shading and anatomy may not come as naturally to you. On the plus side, the lines are sharp, his hands are decent, sword doesn't look bad, and for the level of detail through the whole drawing in general, the chest armor works well because of the shine, and just the way you do it. The scarf looks fairly natural (except for perhaps on the right, where part of it is sticking out), and the rips on the ends look good as well.

So there's my input. :) I draw, and the two things I absolutely hate most when asking about opinion is "o lol its so good omfg i wish i culd draw its perfect", or not getting comments at all. Gawd. Cheers!

Posted by Red

I thank you alot for that, it helps me quite a bit.
I draw often but I wouldn't say I'm "good" or anything. Plus my types of drawings aren’t usually aiming for "realism" although this doesn't mean your criticism is in vain, because it actually does help.

The head was actually supposed to be slightly larger than the body as I was trying to go for some anime-ish features in the drawing. I understand that the legs aren’t right, what I was trying to do was have his body kind of facing the side, the way his armor is.

as for the hand on the sword, like I said before ignore the hands, if I hadn't gotten lazy at that part I would have drawn the hand higher or the sword lower, however this was just a sketch. You are also right in the fact that his eye should have been more detail, although the size of the picture is the actual size. I have a bad habit of drawing small and this leads to minor problems like this where I can't draw any smaller without making it look even worse.

I thank you alot for the criticism and hope others can help me out as well.

Posted by Fate

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/tutorial.png[/IMG]

You just gotta fix your aesthetic knowledge and smoothness. What looks pretty, what doesn't, and what looks real. In anime, larger heads call for comedy, which your guy doesn't really fit just based on appearance. Even Goku in Saiyuki had a fitting body even though he was the biggest dork ever.

Posted by Colonel

Of all the things i've seen you draw why would you post this one?

Ever since we've met you've drawn in a "sketchy" way, and i'd like it more if it was smoother and more detail. Oh and if it didn't suck :D

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hey Red, relax your elbow and wrist when you draw. It's too edgey and obvious that your contours are suffering.

Posted by Apathetic

More flames. FWOOSH.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i agree with colonel, not your best stuff why do you post this drawing??? but uhhh legs are a bit awkward the rest of the stuff i think is just your style tee hee :D

Posted by Omni

Quoting Red: what should I improve on? etc.

I've seen better drawings from you done on MSN Messenger.

Posted by Colonel

LOL
LOL
LOL

It's True

Posted by Preeminence

oh so very true

Posted by cool gamer dad

OH MY *** IT'S SO TRUE HAHAHAHA

look at you two above me that probably couldn't draw something half as good!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'd recommend getting away from the anime genre. It's saturated already.

Posted by Foster

idk its better then what i can do but i didnt like the feet :P