Ninja Gaiden 2

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=19902

OH SH[COLOR=Silver]IT [/COLOR]OH SH[COLOR=Silver]IT [/COLOR]OH SH[COLOR=Silver]IT [/COLOR]OH SH[COLOR=Silver]IT[/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No real surprises there. Though, just seeing the word "ninja gaiden" gets me quite hard

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I hope it's more forgiving. :(

... haha. Oh wow. Just keep playing your Ninja Dog, buddy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I completed it on Normal, FYI.

... But it took me a while. :(

"bawww make it easier, it's too difficult :( i don't understand why ninja gaiden is such a good game"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I LIKED NINJA GAIDEN OKAY :mad:

I just didn't like dying twenty ****ing billion times at hard bits. :(

That's what Ninja Dog is there for. You know, for those kids who want to play *** of War but want to play as a ninja.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I AM NOT PLAYING NINJA DOG :mad:

But you want it easier? Okay buddy. You'll just have to put up with being Rachel's ***** while wearing rainbow armbands.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What I mean is, I want the difficulty to curve more smoothly. I never had any problems until Alma, then BAM I'm being ****ed by a billion ninjas. That's when I lost my passion for Gaiden. :(

It did curve. It started out ****ing hard and got ****-this-game hard to ****-games hard. The back down to ****ing hard. That's a curve.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

An exponential curve of difficulty then. Not an inverse parabola. :(

It was exponential. It was just the last ten minutes where it wasn't all that bad. Basically what you want is Ninja Dog without is being called Ninja Dog and without being Ryu the ***** the entire time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yes.

That is what I want.

gb2/***ofwar

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Never played g0d of war.

I JUST WANT TO FEEL THE WAY I DO WHEN I BEAT LEVELS IN COD2 OR HALO ON LEGENDARY :(:(

Wait. The greatest sense of accomplishment, on the gaming side, should be from beating NG. And you're going on about ****ing Halo and CoD? Get out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Is Ninja Gaiden hard to beat? I thought I sucked *** for struggling to beat it. :(

Posted by ZEN

No shock at all seeing how Tecmo president Nakamura hates Sony and PS3 and predicted 360's future success. That's really what it was all about- (what platform is it going to?) There was really no doubt about this one.

Now lets move on to game play details. That's really what I'm waiting to hear about.

Quoting The X: Is Ninja Gaiden hard to beat? I thought I sucked *** for struggling to beat it. :(

Most people struggle with their first time through Ninja Gaiden. It's hard, but not so difficult that you should give up on it.

Remember, in other games the enemies are there for you to kill. In Ninja Gaiden, the enemies are there to kill you.

Quoted post: Is Ninja Gaiden hard to beat? I thought I sucked *** for struggling to beat it.

DMC3 and NG are ranked as the two most difficult 3D games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[url=http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-gaiden-2-screens-appear-online-and-quickly-disappear-internet-too-fast-43595.phtml]LEAKED PICTURES[/url]

It's pretty, and less grim looking.

Posted by Xeones

that gets a whole-hearted yahtzee. im personally a fan of brutal dismemberment.

I like how it really doesn't look that much better than Ninja Gaiden. Just goes to show you how ****ing awesome that game looked. Also, less grim looking? idk, some parts of NG were fairly bright.

Posted by Xeones

yeah, it was an awesome game. i give it credit for stemming my hatred for old men with nunchaku.

More than awesome. Best game ever.

Posted by Xeones

for its genre...absolutely...overall? maybe so, it is certainly up there...id really have to think about it.

Overall, oh *** yes. Nothing beats it in my mind.

Posted by Fred333

The original was very good. I wonder what will be different in the second go around?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I almost screwed myself over on Ninja Gaiden. I used all but one of my potions on the second last boss, making it so I could only heal once fighting the last guy. I stopped playing for at least a week.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It did curve. It started out ****ing hard and got ****-this-game hard to ****-games hard. The back down to ****ing hard. That's a curve.

It's a difficulty parabola. Even better.

Teaser: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24817.html

Level was demoed at Pre-TGS. Apparently it was ****ing amazing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174284

New details - de-limbing, and locations including Tokyo, Venice and New York City. **** yeah.

Quoted post: The fighting system has been enhanced with improved enemy AI and new moves. Enemies can perform co-operative attacks, while Ryu will get a new Obliteration technique - a series of fatal blows delivered if you hit Y immediately after removing an enemy limb.

Oh ***, awesome. Improved AI with co-op attacks? I can kinda see why they included some sort of recoverable health system. Though I got a good laugh out of the last paragraph. Why did he expect multiplayer? lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Recoverable health? At least that means I wont get as many bad save points.

Not sure if it was an item or what, but in the demo your health bar would very slowly increase. Essentially you have two bars, your main bar which will still be taken away after a hit, but within that bar there's a separate one which will allow for a certain percentage of that damage to be recovered. Get hit again and you lose it though, but you're then able to recover a bit of that damage, but not the previous. It's been in other games before, you know what I mean.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, it's in Dead or Alive. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not bad!

Also in Riddick and Perfect Dark. Why you chose Dead or Alive, I have no idea... Though, I'm glad it's something basic like this and not too extreme. It's incredibly minor but a potential life savor in certain frustrating parts, but you're still guaranteed to get ****ed up by every boss and a large group of enemies.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Ninja Dog has a quicker regenerator.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;766544][FONT=Tahoma]Why you chose Dead or Alive, I have no idea...[/FONT]It's another Team Ninja game.

You win this round, but still. Odd choice. Cause it's a fighter. And I never even considered it. And DoA kinda sucks.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I would take DoA over Tekken, any day of the week.:)
---
I'm sorry, but I didn't have much of a problem with Ninja Gaiden on Normal. On Hard, the only part that gave me any problems was the massive tower at the end of the game. Although I haven't even bothered with Very Hard, yet.:p

I'll still pick it up and play it on Normal, every-once-in-a-while. I can usually beat in two or three sittings (I don't have much spare time).

Quoted post: I would take DoA over Tekken, any day of the week.

I'd rather neither, since they both suck pretty hard. Tekken, indeed, more so.

Posted by Skitzo Control

3D fighting games are generally pretty bad, come to think of it, but over all those available, I'd take DoA. If I had my choice (and I do, 'cause I own it) for the Xbox, I'd just take Guilty Gear.:)
---
That teaser couldn't even count for a teaser. Honestly, if you actually call that anything more than a peek, you're probably a premature ejaculator.

Quoted post: 3D fighting games are generally pretty bad, come to think of it, but over all those available, I'd take DoA. If I had my choice (and I do, 'cause I own it) for the Xbox, I'd just take Guilty Gear.

Virtua Fighter is ****ing awesome. Soul Calibur is also pretty solid.

Quoted post: That teaser couldn't even count for a teaser. Honestly, if you actually call that anything more than a peek, you're probably a premature ejaculator.

The teaser where we see Ryu in a graveyard? That's the definition of a teaser.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/Ninja_Gaiden_II.jpg/421px-Ninja_Gaiden_II.jpg[/IMG]

***-kickin' box art.

Posted by cool gamer dad

idk, nothing special. It sure is gonna be a kick-*** game, though!

NG had a better box, but this one's awesome simply because of Ryu and a scythe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vigoorian Flail better be back. Ultimate buttan mashan weapon.

I can't see it not being back. That weapon was basically a necessity for a couple of enemies who I see returning (ghost fish.) Plus, it looked pretty and was devastating. Sounds right down NG2's alley.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/01/14/555864.aspx

Hey, we get to suggest achievements for NG2. ****ing yeah.

cut one dude: 500g

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gotta be some kind achievements for covering the entire FOV with blood. Or keep a dismembered bad guy alive for 30 seconds.

It'd probably help if we knew more about the game, which we don't. You can only base so much off of the original and what we've seen. So the proposed achievements will likely suck compared to what could've been.

Though it'll likely be "juggle an opponent for x amount of time/hits" or "achieve a 999 hit combo," (which was pretty easy in the original, just very time consuming.) So whatever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242139

You'll be able to save and view replays of missions, ala Halo 3/Skate.

Only hack-and-slash game where it makes any sense. Awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Can't wait to record myself fighting a legion of legless ninjas.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.destructoid.com/this-ninja-gaiden-2-artwork-blowout-is-insane--85610.phtml

Some seriously ****ing awesome bosses this time around. WHY MUST YOU COME OUT ON THE SAME DAY AS LEGO INDIANA JONES

you say that like the old bosses weren't cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just got informed by the company I preordered this with a couple of weeks ago that my order has been despatched, and with the postage I ordered it'll be here in 2 - 4 working days! I could be playing it a whole four days before the actual release, niiiiiiiiiice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Also: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34662.html

They pretty much whine about how hard it is.

Posted by Old_Snake

Seems like a lot of the reviews I've seen have been lower then I was expecting, but I guess, much like that one, many reviewers were hoping for some kind of radical redesign or something.

Doesn't matter, the game will be awesome, I'm sure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Gametrailers review was disappointed that there wasn't ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

****ing hell

Posted by Old_Snake

Yeah, I didn't get that, either. Seems like every game nowadays has to have some kind of online component or it gets some heat review-wise. Personally, I could care less, especially if it was just some simple Deathmatch or something like the GT reviewer seem to be implying

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The only mode I think I'd enjoy online with a game like Ninja Gaiden would be co-op.

Posted by Old_Snake

Well, yeah, I could actually see that.

Posted by Fate

The game is too violent and objectifies women. It's too bloody and cliche and requires no skill to tap the same buttons over and over. I've never played NG2 but I can still say this with full confidence. PASS.

j/k

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh man I was so ready to wreck your **** there.

Posted by Fate

It's almost too easy to say it.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Fate: The game is too violent and objectifies women.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Good, cause that's what i like. If i don't see some ridiculously huge mega tits and heads getting chopped off within the first 5 minutes, the game's going in the trash.[/COLOR]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The new side-***** doesn't seem half as slutty as Rachel.

Posted by Kit

The demo was fun.
I might buy this.

Never actually played any other NG games except the original, on a ROM, for a few minutes.

Posted by Fate

This game is too cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WOLF BEARS HAVE TAKEN OVER VENICE

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO CHOP THEM UP INTO LITTLE PIECES?

Posted by Old_Snake

Well, I've half through Chapter 12 and I'm loving the game, but **** if this camera isn't a serious pain in the ***. I don't think I'd had such problems with a camera like this in a considerable long time. It's not enough to make me hate the game, but it is nerve racking.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Tell me about it. Most of the time I fall victim to attacks simply because I can't see them. Those rocket pod guys are the worst for it. You're in the middle of some awesome Kurai-gama combo, then suddenly offscreen rockets hit you out of it. Lame.

I'm on the South American mission right now, and I was having a lot of fun until I got a random crash. Not sure if it's my 360's fault or the fact the game was trying to generate a ton of explosions on the water at once.

Posted by Fate

I openly admit I suck at NG and I'm playing as an Acolyte. I'm only using the Dragon Sword this playthrough. ACHIEVEMENT WHOOOOOOOOOORE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

5G, totally worth it.

Posted by Shade

So played the demo for the first time today, HOLY ****. Need this game.

****in' love the claws. :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Chapter 10 was the best level ever.

MILLIONS OF NINJAS ON THE STAIRS AND NAKED CHICK COVERED IN BLOOOOOOD YES YES YES!

I totally wrecked their **** with chain Lunar Staff UTs. I must be close to getting the achievement now. Also, being able to find the tutorial area from NG1 in Chapter 11 was a nice little touch.

Posted by Peace Maker334

I Visit My Cousin In Japan He Has Ninja GaidenII He Beat It on Hard Diffuculty

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting The X: Chapter 10 was the best level ever.

MILLIONS OF NINJAS ON THE STAIRS AND NAKED CHICK COVERED IN BLOOOOOOD YES YES YES!

The ninjas on the stairs was pretty epic, unfortunately it came with some pretty epic lag. It wasn't enough to ruin the experience for me, but soured it slightly. Though nothing could sour the second part.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, at one point I had about 3fps. It was annoying, but seeing slow-mo decapitations was amazing.

Quoted post: The Gametrailers review was disappointed that there wasn't ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

Dude, that would've been an awesome idea. I fully agreed with GT on that point. Think about it. The fighting engine is so deep and rich it's basically a perfect fighter. Match two people head to head? **** yes.

Anywho, it's a fact that the double katanas are the best weapons in the game. Though, **** those mutli-rocket *****es after the airplane mission. I used up all my potions and **** and suddenly I'm getting shot in the back by a bunch of faggots from the direction I just left? **** you, pal.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Best weapons are the Scythe and the Lunar Staff.

You're stupid. The Scthe is great for the big enemies, but the double katana slices though everything within the first couple hits, plus they're crazy fast.

Though, that weighted ball weapon ****ing bloooooows. I even fully upgraded it and I'm like haha, wow. doesn't kill ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Scythe is fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff against small enemies. I got my 100 hit achievement with it.

Also, now that I can do the Izuna Drop good, Dragon Sword is pretty awesome. You can even do it in the final Genshin battle!

Quoted post: Also, now that I can do the Izuna Drop good

because it's easy to do? xyxxxy. couldn't possibly be easier for the amount of damage it does.

Also, I was really close to getting the 100 hit combo by chucking throwing stars at some bow guys, but I got hit by an arrow at 94 hits.

Posted by Old_Snake

I found the easiest way to get the 100 hit combo is in the tunnels in Chapter 9 right before fighting the giant worm, spamming UT on those creepy crawlers that pop up all throughout before the boss fight.

Man, I just realised I haven't found a single test of valour. I take my time too. I scour the levels. I find the little rock circles, but I'm either missing an item or I don't know what to do. I suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Did you get the Rod of Valor in C2?

No. Do I need that item to open all of them? ****ing lame. I don't know how the **** I missed it.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Man, I just realised I haven't found a single test of valour. I take my time too. I scour the levels. I find the little rock circles, but I'm either missing an item or I don't know what to do. I suck.

In I believe the 2nd chapter, you have to get the rod of valor. You get it in an area where there is a small shrine outside of the building and you fight a huge amount of ninjas that respawn for quite a few waves. When you beat them all the rod appears on the shrine.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;853428]No. Do I need that item to open all of them? ****ing lame. I don't know how the **** I missed it.There's a section in the courtyard where you need to beat a ton of enemies. It appears on the altar after that, and all the valor tests glow. They're easy to spot.

Dude, what the ****? I don't even remember that... MAAAAAAAAAD

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You've missed so many easy Lives of the Thousand ***s.

Not surprising. Though that doesn't seem to be a problem. They hand those things out like they're going out of style. I think I used two in the Genshin/Armadillo fight alone.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Ahahaha, oh man. That pair of fights was annoying as hell.

'****ing Genshin, making me use my Talisman, at least it's over'
'OH ****'
'Man, I got lucky with that Armadillo, at least it's done...'
BOOOOOOM
GAME OVER

The armadillo fight's easy once you realize he's weak to incendiary shurikens though. You won't be happy about Chapter 12's [spoiler]DOUBLE ARMADILLO FIGHT[/spoiler] I imagine.

With the Armadillo I just kept doing a flying swallow to catch up with his tail and hammer away on that. Took awhile, but he would just keep going around in circle, occasionally shooting rocks at me. Though, luckily, I saw a couple reviews that mentioned the explosion thing and I remembered to get the **** out of there. Never realised the incendiary thing though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Head's the main weakspot. A level 3 Gravity Void can half their health if you hit it dead on.

Should be fun!

Posted by Kit

Got it today, I'm starting right now.