Germany has fallen

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoted post: With the Wii closing in on the Xbox 360's worldwide total of around 10 million already, news has [URL="http://www.n-tv.de/840771.html"]filtered in[/URL] that Nintendo's system has now overtaken Microsoft's platform in Germany!

First of all, here are the home current generation hardware numbers from tracker GfK for the month of July, 2007:

1.) Wii - 26,000
2.) PlayStation 3 - 8,000
3.) Xbox 360 - 5,000

And below are the lifetime sales for each of those three systems in Germany up to the end of July, 2007:

1.) Wii - 291,000
2.) Xbox 360 - 281,000
3.) PlayStation 3 - 99,500

Quite impressive, no doubt you will agree. It also seems that not only has the Xbox 360 stalled, though, but following a decent start in March, the PlayStation 3 is barely keeping ahead of Microsoft's console in the monthly sales figures.

Stick around for further updates...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8345/1/Wii_Overtakes_Xbox_360_in_Germany

Who's next? I'm betting on Britain.

Posted by protomanv4

lol i'm betting on US, nice info u got here.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

THE WORLD

Posted by Dexter

I thought Germany was more hardcore and 'dark' then that.

America is a country of guns, military, and action. 360 speaks to Americans on a more personal level. Did you see how patriotic Transformers was towards America and did you catch that 360 going on a killing rampage? It just fits like that. Awesome. I don't think we're next. I'm thinking Canada is going to be next.

Posted by cool gamer dad

ALLIES WIN

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;646040]I thought Germany was more hardcore and 'dark' then that.

America is a country of guns, military, and action. 360 speaks to Americans on a more personal level. Did you see how patriotic Transformers was towards America and did you catch that 360 going on a killing rampage? It just fits like that. Awesome. I don't think we're next. I'm thinking Canada is going to be next.

America is the country where Wii outsells 360 and PS3 combined. America is the country where audiences cheer when parodies of Mario Bros and Zelda are performed on stage in high school.

Europe is the continent where Nintendo has never had a strong presence.

Posted by Ant

All of this talk about America is getting me hard.

Regardless, I'd say Britain is more so likely to "fall" before the US. The price is even more appealing there than it is here. And beyond Dexter's tangent, his original point I think stands that the 360 has the most appeal in the US and Canada because of the whole shootin gamez and sports and what have you.

Quoted post: I thought Germany was more hardcore and 'dark' then that.

haha, no. Germany is so hung-up on anti-violence and censorship it's actually pretty easy to see why the Wii is selling so much (besides the fact that it's the wii.)

Posted by Speedfreak

Crysis are moving out of the country if Crysis is banned like Far Cry was. Such a stupid country, they're losing one of the best developers on the planet.

Seriously, what the hell? Yes, you've had a terrible history with violence, but come on.

Posted by Ant

idk, is Ireland or GB much better for actually banning Manhunt 2? I DON'T WANT TO GO OFF-TOPIC HERE JUST MAKING A POINT.

Germany bans a hell of a lot more than anyone else. They also tend to censor more, especially war games (no swastikas, etc)

Posted by Zeta

THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED OKAY WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WE ARE ONE OF THE MOST NONVIOLENT NATIONS TO HAVE EVER EXISTED

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Come on, guys. If they really hate violence, why do they love David Hasselhoff so much?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Zeta: THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED OKAY WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WE ARE ONE OF THE MOST NONVIOLENT NATIONS TO HAVE EVER EXISTED

And you will dissapear if you say anything otherwise in Germany.

Posted by crelda

Quoting Ant: idk, is Ireland or GB much better for actually banning Manhunt 2? I DON'T WANT TO GO OFF-TOPIC HERE JUST MAKING A POINT.

Britain didn't ban manhunt 2. It was Europe. We got no choice. Not that iv come across many people who give a ****.

Britain will defiantly be close. Along with the rest of Europe i think.