W00T! i read over 100 books sweet

Posted by darkwhispers

i am officially famous! at a local library i got an award saying i read over 100 books! i also get to be in the news paper (that is frickin' sweet!) *cue uber 733+ dance |)4/\/ [ 3 1 +377 40|_| ! okay sorry bout the leet just really excited

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

virgin

Hasn't everyone read over 100 books? Based on my bookshelves and the boxes under my bed, I've read quite a lot in my lifetime.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Last I counted (and I have) I've read 481 books. Working on 482 now. :)

Posted by darkwhispers

but i mean in one month maybe less you guys done that?

Oh, a hundred books in one month? Good job, then, man. *Salutes*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=darkwhispers;644048]but i mean in one month maybe less you guys done that?
[IMG]http://a5.vox.com/6a00c2252ab937f21900d09e4571adbe2b-500pi[/IMG]

They don't really count as books, you know.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

People count how many books they've read? I don't keep track, but it's well over 100.

Posted by Near

Hmm, I agree with Angelwing. I was not aware anyone kept track of how many books they have read. Although I am not saying it is a bad idea, but I'm sure you could easily lose track after a while.

Posted by Omni

Quoting darkwhispers: but i mean in one month maybe less you guys done that?

Picture books, I assume. There's no way it was anything like a novel.

Posted by Colonel

I've only read like 20 books in my life time....excluding comics and children's literature.

Quoting Near: Hmm, I agree with Angelwing. I was not aware anyone kept track of how many books they have read. Although I am not saying it is a bad idea, but I'm sure you could easily lose track after a while.

Eh, it was a school-work project in 2nd grade that I never stopped doing. That's the only reason I keep track; there was no reason not to.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

unlike the rest of these contradictory douchebags (discouraging ignorance and stupidity in other threads, yet haranguing you for an educational accomplishment) I will say congratulations! Give you positive rep, and ask that you continue your reading venture. What was the best book you read?

Posted by Klarth

Awesome. I didn't have anything to read for four months this year, and as soon as I got back to civilisation I dre I've ploughed my way through the following myself in the past week:

Philip K Dick - Dr Bloodmoney
Philip K Dick - The Man in the High Castle
Philip K Dick - A Scanner Darkly
Philip K Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Philip K Dick - The World Jones Made
Philip K Dick - The Divine Invasion
Philip K Dick - Confessions of a Crap Artist
Philip K Dick - Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
Philip K Dick - Time Out of Joint
Philip K Dick - Clans of the Alphane Moon
Arthur C Clarke - 2061: Odyssey Three
Arthur C Clarke - 3001: Final Odyssey
Iain M Banks - Excession
Iain M Banks - The Player of Games
Iain Banks - The Wasp Factory
Iain Banks - Complicity
Iain Banks - The Bridge
JK Rowling - Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows :]

admittedly five of the PKD books i have read before
i have not been doing much else as i don't have internet access where i'm staying ~

Posted by Crazy K

I've only read A Scanner Darkly. I want to check out the rest of Philip K. Dick's books. I'm interested in [COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]The Man in the High Castle, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]Confessions of a Crap Artist, and every other book by Philip K. Dick. :)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by darkwhispers

Quoting Omni: Picture books, I assume. There's no way it was anything like a novel.

nope they were 200 page minimum novels to answer blaskowitz i'd say howl's moving castle was the best (cause i haven't finished pendragon series

Posted by Sable Wind

I'm sorry, my first thought was: Who the **** keeps track of the exact amount of books they read?

I read many books during a year. I don't remember half of them.

Also, I'm the fastest reader known to man besides that guy with autism. Your accomplishment is nothing to brag about. I'M AWESOME. EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME.

Posted by muffla

i dno how manny books i read but i kno its over 100

Posted by Shade

100 novels in a month?

You clearly have no life.

Posted by Apathetic

X what were those books called(like all of them like Mr Smiley and the rest), some shirts popped up in tahiti with those guys on them but I couldnt remember what they were from.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mr Men.

Posted by Crazy K

I had to read certain books for school, much of them I do like. The most notable one I had to read for school was Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. Fantastic book. Another I enjoyed somewhat was The Crucible by Arthur Miller, as well as Death of a Salesman. Both of which are plays.

I can't remember a good book I read in school. It was a fairly old book, possibly written in the 20's or so. Anyways I can't remember the author or the title of the book. All I do remember is that the author was a lesbian.

Posted by The Hate

We read Flowers for Algernon in shcool as well. Then after that we watched the movie.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=The Hate;648385]We read Flowers for Algernon in shcool as well. Then after that we watched the movie.

Same here. Was it the 1968 Charly film?

Posted by The Hate

Yep lol.

Posted by Klarth

FFA is great, but have you read anything else by Keyes? I'd recommend The Touch.