Heroes of Mana

Posted by Dexter

Came out yesterday. I don't know much about it but I'm interested enough in it to check it out. Anyone play it yet or going to play it? I put my faith in my DS to deliver me some good RPGs. I'm skimming through some reviews now and they seem to be fairly positive so far.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks interesting. I'll probably pick it up soon. I've been neglecting my DS for far too long.

Posted by Zeta

Probably sucks like the rest of the recent Mana games.

Posted by Dexter

The recent Mana games haven't been that bad but yeah, this one would fit well with those. It's not much better, or any better, but if you enjoy them, then it's worth it. You know what you're getting into, at least. It's a little slow pace and repetitive and the story and characters aren't all that great. Still, the DS is shooting out tons of decent RPGs. It's satisfying my RPG needs. I'd like to check out Luminous Arc next.

Posted by Shade

I couldn't find Luminous Arc ANYWHERE in my town, should arrive in the mail soon. :D

I was interested in Heroes of Mana because Children of Mana kind of disappointed me, but I was disheartened when once again, it's not a traditional Mana game. I might check it out.

I couldn't find Luminous Arc anywhere, either.

I haven't ever really gotten into the mana games, although I've always meant to. I started Sword of Mana last year but got bored quickly.

Posted by Shade

I hate you. Sword of Mana is amazing. :mad:

Posted by Zeta

Hahaha, no. Sword of Mana sucked. Worst remake ever. Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu 1 remains superior.

Posted by Iris

Zeta is so wrong. It hurts.

I never really kept up with the mana games, eventhough I thoroughly enjoyed Sword of Mana. I never even got around to really playing Secret of Mana. Still, I would look into the game if I had a DS.

Posted by Zeta

Have you even played the original?

I can't remember exactly where I got up to, although it wasn't very far (2 hours?). Maybe it's one of those games that takes awhile to get into. Or maybe it is just terrible like Zeta said.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: Have you even played the original?

lol original was better so this game SUCKS

Posted by Iris

I did play the original. Didn't like it nearly as much.