elite four help

Posted by finalfantasylover

im playing fire red and im at the elite four and i keep getting my !@# handed to me everytime. I have 6 in my team and they are all on level 40 or so. My team consist of.......
Charizard lvl42
Pidgeot lvl41
Raichu lvl41
Lapras lvl41
Nidoking lvl35
Primeape lvl34

Does anyone have training suggestions or team suggestions? It would be a huge help and i would greatly appreciate it.

Posted by jake from da vgchat

i beat the elite 4 with these pokemon

venasaur lv78

nidoking lv55

flareonlv 67

gyrados lv89

vileplume lv88

arbok lv92
or just try training ur pokemon,i trained mine in victory road and they got pretty strong

Posted by lazer_X

two words ACTION REPLAY

Posted by Skyway

u need to get them higher train just 1 if not 2 and u will be find

Posted by O.T.L

get nidoking and primeape to a higher lv at the least , their too weak to go against the elite 4 , train all your pokes to at least lv 45 , then take a bunch of full restores and revives! and fighting the elite 4 their bound togain lv's quicker so you'll get stronger as you progress , but just try not to run out of pp's

Posted by Ashen

... to be completely serious, you just need to level up more. A good average level for the original E4 would be around 50-55. You've got a nice balanced team right there, so I think you should be able to handle them type-wise fine.

Use Raichu against all of Lorelei's (save the Jynx, use Charizard for that), use Lapras and Pidgeot against Bruno, uhh... Actually, you might need a Psychic-type for Agatha. At least for her two Gengars and the Haunter. You can take out the Arbok with Nidoking (if it knows Earthquake) and the Golbat... use Raichu. Lance... use Lapras, Lapras, Lapras. I really hope you kept Ice Beam on it.

As for your rival, just make sure you do all the type matchups and you should be fine. If Charizard was your starter, his highest level should be Blastoise, and you can fry that bugger with Raichu (same with his lead, Pidgeot).

The main thing you have to do is level up. Oh, and get a Psychic-type. Or else just get a Gastly/Haunter and teach it Psychic. Still, either way, you'll have a Ghost weakness, whether you use a Ghost-type or Kadabra/Hypno/whatever-Psychic-that-floats-your-boat.

EDIT: WOW I'M STUPID I CAN READ POST DATES D: