Doubles Fighting?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So, I signed up for a Smash Brothers tournament about two weeks ago, and totally forgot about it until this morning. It's a Singles and Doubles event, and having never fought prolifically in 2v2 Smash, I was wondering - who are the best characters for four player fights, and what are the best strategies? I've been using Link in 2v2 a lot, since he has good range, and a lot of his attacks cut through multiple opponents. Anyone else I should try?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

team attack on or off?

if its off, double falco, or any projectile spammers, if its on, then its up to actaully lthe way the two people play in sync with each other. some of the best teams I've seen do dual combos where one hits in one direction and the other is ready to finish it off or continue a combo. I've seen dk up throw an opponent, then headbutt him, then the teampartner was ready to spike with a game and watch, and in that small time frame, dk released the punch, so it was perfectly timed.

I don't think anyone was recording that though :(

but yea, if you're in sync with your partner, you shouldn't have too many problems, and again, team attack being on or off makes the difference of spamming one move or actually using strategy

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I... don't know. :(

Posted by Mystic Hero

I would recommend Fox + Faclo team actually. My friend and I do an excellent job at team comboing another dual team. Also if you aren't familiar with your partner's way of fighting or you have never played dual together, a good way to go about doing this is one guy does all the damage, the other coems in with the kill. So for my friend and I: I play Fox giving all the damage at times and he comes in with the final smash as Falco.

And like Bulb said, teams on or off does matter for friendly fire purposes and such, unless of course friendly fire is turned on when you are split into the colored teams.