The Flintstones vs. The Jetsons

Posted by Fei-on Castor

As you know, there are two older cartoon series that we all used to watch called "The Flintstones" and "The Jetsons". They were on opposite ends of the spectrum of existance. The Flintstones seemed to take place tens of thousands of years ago, in a town called "Bedrock", possibly located somewhere in the Fertile Crescent. The Jetsons, however, takes place hundreds, possibly thousands, of years in the future, where the city actually sits above the ground, even at cloud level, and interplanetary travel has become a reality.

In the Flintstones, we see a man name Fred Flintstone who drive a car with his feet, due to the lack of the internal combustion engine. Ironically, this group of people have learned to use animals for everything, including a baby-elephant vacuum cleaner, and teradactyls for windshieldwipers, despite the lack of glass. But even though animals were so useful in these areas of life, they never used animals to push or pull their vehicles, and with the abundance of mammoths and dinosaurs, there must've been animals capable of doing so.

As well, in the Flintstones, we see Fred coming home from a long day of work. He puts a dish of milk on the front step outside of his house, and places the cat (a sabretooth tiger) outside for the night, as is custom. However, a strange custom that these people hold is to later have the cat jump back in through the window, and remove the man from the house, and then man will proceed to pound on the door, screaming obscenities like "Wilma", which we've loosely translated to "****balls********suck******nigg*****hole****face******tch", or perhaps he is referencing his wife, Wilma Flintstone. There is currently heated debate as to which Fred is referencing with his shrieks of rage.

But The Jetsons, now there's a civilization. The world has become so polluted and uninhabitable that they've had no choice but to build cities in the sky, because the ground is most likely in ruins, and the air, to smoggy. As well, the woman seems to be the dominant figurehead in this society. George Jetson, the "man" of the house, is dressed by machines, eats a breakfast usually consisting of an unfilling pill-type portion, which most likely supplies a minimal amount of nutrients. Then his briefcase converts into a vehicle of some sort, which he rides to work. His boss is clearly a Jew. His last name doesn't suggest it, but his nose says otherwise. He is either a Jew, or Danny DeVito. It's really a tough call. Heated debates exist about this topic as well.

Back to the women. Geroge Jetson's wife, Jane, does nothing all day. George earned enough to purchase a robitic slave named Rosy who cleans the house and tends to everything the average modern housewife might. Jane spends most of her time shopping, and abusing George's power at the plant where he works, pressing only a single red button, day in and day out.

So my question to you, to answer in the poll above, is this:

Which society seems more dystopian to you? The Flintstones, or The Jetsons?

Fei-on

Posted by bazariah

the flintstones seemed to have the better society i think, they seemed to achieve a sense of acclomplishment when they did any task and they didnt have everything done for them, plus i would say that fred would be healthier than george, since he had to run most of the time

did you ever see the flintsones and jetsons cross-over movie, where the flintstones make millions for george jetsons boss

and the jetsons make a bundle in bedrock and practically own everything in much the same way as monopoly

Posted by Bebop

Quoting bazariah: the flintstones seemed to have the better society i think, they seemed to achieve a sense of acclomplishment when they did any task and they didnt have everything done for them, plus i would say that fred would be healthier than george, since he had to run most of the time

did you ever see the flintsones and jetsons cross-over movie, where the flintstones make millions for george jetsons boss

and the jetsons make a bundle in bedrock and practically own everything in much the same way as monopoly

How did the Flintsones help out ol George?

Baz makes a good point but I did just find the Flintstones to be rather crap.

[SIZE=1]Plus Judy is hawt :-9[/SIZE]

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Bebop: How did the Flintsones help out ol George?

the jestsons son elroy made a time travel device, which got broken back in the past after they had been transported to bedrock, basically the flintstones did what they could as in putting the family up for a while, feeding them and so-on, plus giving them an idea of what pre-historic life was like.. it was pretty much fred and the flintstones keeping george and the jetsons safe until their device could be rpaired.. allthough there was a mishap and the flintstones got transported to the future instead

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Did you ever see The Flintstones meet the Jetsons? Where Fred goes, "Yabba Dabba... Friend?" to George Jetson? Funny as hell.

Fei-on

EDIT: OMG something I said got siggified! That's a first for me.

Posted by Crazy K

most definetally the flinstones. I just loved there society better. The Jetsons were way off in the future. The Flinstones was more interesting in the society aswell. You barely get to see the Jetsons get out of their house (Unless thats because I barely watched the show.).

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Crazy K: most definetally the flinstones. I just loved there society better.

Dude, did you read the poll question? If you liked the Flintstones society better, you really ought to have voted for the Jetsons to be the more dystopian of the two societies.

Fei-on

Posted by Mystic Hero

The Flinstones have a better society most definately. They tend to be more active and have more adventures. I mean they're always outside doing something, either at work, bowling, or any other activity. The Jetsons on the other hand seem to be the laziest. They don't even need to walk ot the shower, they just stand on the conveyor belt and let it take them through this "wash" type of thing. All George does all day is sit in an office and do nothing where as Fred works with dinosaurs and has to use them to complete a task. With ths said it would make the most sense that Fred would be more muscular and fit than George, since all he does is sit in a chair. The Jetsons are ina time where their technology is so advanced that they don't have to even breathe if it was up to them. The Flinstiones have to work hard everyday to survive so they clearly live in a more self sufficient society.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting bazariah: the jestsons son elroy made a time travel device, which got broken back in the past after they had been transported to bedrock, basically the flintstones did what they could as in putting the family up for a while, feeding them and so-on, plus giving them an idea of what pre-historic life was like.. it was pretty much fred and the flintstones keeping george and the jetsons safe until their device could be rpaired.. allthough there was a mishap and the flintstones got transported to the future instead

I see sir, but how did they make millions for Georges boss?

Posted by Anethemo Rex

omg this thread is funny as heck