Slechtvalk, gay Christian black metal for people who like young boys

Posted by Oforia

http://www.myspace.com/slechtvalkofficialmyspace

I stumbled upon this band's myspace page today and thought the layout looked pretty cool. I decided to listen to a song to see if this band was any good. It turned out that I really enjoyed their music. Then, upon further review of this black metal band, I found out that the band members were personally Christians. I was quite surprised, because I figured that a "christian black metal band" would be extremely sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]tty. Their lyrical themes feature fantasy and heritage, and they aren't a "christian band" per say. They just happen to be christian.

Anyways, if you like their stuff, I would advise downloading the album. It is all pretty good. My favorite song on this album is Mortal Serenity.

Slechtvalk's At the Dawn of War:
[CODE]http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=0330d8a[/CODE]

Black Metal

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I was quite surprised, because I figured that a "christian black metal band" would be extremely ****ty.

White Metal/Unblack. It exists and it is terrible.

I've listened to a previous album before, wasn't too impressed. Nor am I a fan of "black metal" that promotes religion.

Posted by Oforia

Yeah, most of it is. It is also often called unblack metal.

Anyways, I don't think this artist is terrible unlike many of the white metal bands. However, this band does not consider themselves white metal. They just happen to be christians on the side, which I thought was interesting with the black metal image.

edit @ your edit: Like I said, this band doesn't promote religion. They just happen to be christians on the side. Their lyrical themes mainly consist of heathenism, fantasy, and heritage.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Personally, I prefer my "black metal" without religious or political agenda's. That said, Slechtvalk isn't horrible. Not exactly impressed though.

Posted by Oforia

Do you guys consider satanism a religion or not? A lot of people do. Just wondering what your opinion is.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Depends on the angle it's approached from. Some people just use Satan etc. for shock value, and others use it from philosophical or religious perspective.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Oforia: Do you guys consider satanism a religion or not? A lot of people do. Just wondering what your opinion is.

I don't conform to any specific religion, but I am spiritual. I don't care about other religions.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nor am I a fan of "black metal" that promotes religion.

Agreed. Christians need to get fuck out of this particular genre. It's a lame idea that goes against the art itself.

Satanism is an ego feeding organization for mallgoths and internet nerds. It has nothing to do with Satan and it completely bastardizes Thelema, from which is was derived. Black Metal has nothing to do with Satanism in the LaVey sense. Look up the MLO. Bands like Watain and Dissection were influenced by that, not some rantings of a silly circus musician.

I'm a Nihilist and my view on religion is that you can basically shove your religions up your asses as there's no need for them anymore. I don't attribute that to nihilism or the ones who influenced that it at all, but I do not believe in a cosmic truth or purpose.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Couldn't have said it better myself.