Best Year for Film

Posted by Dexter

I'd say 1999. That's the year that really pulled me into the film world. Fight Club, American Beauty, The Sixth Sense, Being John Malkovich, Magnolia, Dogma, The Blair Witch Project, Eyes Wide Shut, Man on the Moon, The Virgin Suicides, Boondock Saints, Boys Don't Cry, etc. Those are just a few selected films that I enjoyed during that year. Really, no other year comes close and it wouldn’t surprise me if 1999 stayed my favorite year in the film world forever.

Posted by bazariah

i'd say 1977, for one reason only the immortal star wars was released in said year

Posted by Dexter

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace came out in 1999. ^_^

Annie Hall was good.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Dexter: Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace came out in 1999. ^_^

yeah it did, but i feel it sux... not a fan of ep1 at all

Posted by Axis

Quoting bazariah: yeah it did, but i feel it sux... not a fan of ep1 at all

Neither am I. Thats the whole reason why I havent watched the series.

Posted by Crazy K

Well I could not really say. Maybe 1995 for me because a lot of great movies came out during that time that I cant name at the moment.

Posted by Saruman

Quoting bazariah: i'd say 1977, for one reason only the immortal star wars was released in said year

I will have to agree :)

Posted by Bebop

The year Jaws was released. It was the first film to gain $100,000,000 at the box office and brought the film industry out of the porift crash of the 60s.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

you forgot "office space".

Posted by Prince Redon

Last really really good one I remember is...Halloween...It was a great movie, there might be a few more good ones after it, but none I can think of right off the bat.

Posted by gamecorner

when spawn was released. about 1996

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting gamecorner: when spawn was released. about 1996

You gotta give up more movies than "Spawn" to make 1996 the best year for movies ever. I thought it was one of the worst superhero movies ever made.

Anyways, Dexter makes a great case for '99. Office Space***, Dick*, Election***, Sleepy Hollow, The Matrix, The Insider, Girl,Interrupted, Double Jeopardy, American Pie, Toy Story 2, The Green Mile*, The Cider House Rules, and South Park* are all from '99 I believe and were all solid or great movies.

Posted by Spartacus_(AceT)

It's hard to pick a specific year. Best decade is the 70's, hands down. But year...idk..id have to do research on that one.

Posted by eriksson22

You guys have me convinced on '99. You named a million good movies about 10 of which are definitely some of my favorites ever.