Soilwork - Sworn To a Great Divide

Posted by Klarth

Okay, this is the part of the thread where everyone laughs at Soilwork for everything they recorded after Predator's Portrait. This line right here. Have your fun and be done with it.

Their new album hits the real world in October, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing it on the net before then. Vocals were recorded and mixed under Devin Townsend's supervision, and although it's unconfirmed it's likely there'll be some guest vox from him.

I'm hoping for something between Figure Number Five and Chainheart Machine. Clean vocals are fine with me, but they need to get over this metalcore bend already. It doesn't suit them in the long run, you know, what with Stabbing The Drama being horrible and all.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Although i've never liked Soilwork, Devin Townsend is involved? Maybe he'll make them suck slightly less. One could hope at least.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Depending on how much Devin dabbled in the album, I may or may not be interested in it. In fact, even if he did all the vocals I'd probably only listen to the album one or twice. I just don't like Soilwork that much.

Posted by Klarth

Nuclear Blast describes it as "the long awaited return to the aggression and dynamics of Natural Born Chaos". So, essentially, this album should be pretty good.

Posted by Omni

"Exile," a new song from Soilwork:
[code]http://www.sendspace.com/file/35cnt4[/code]

I haven't listened to this.

Posted by Richaod

So... formulaic... what is it with Devin and producing far worse bands?

Posted by Klarth

I think it rocks pretty hard!

oh wait UGH, POP INFLUENCE, SO FORMULAIC, UGH, CHAINHEART MACHINE 4EVA

Posted by Shade

I like it. I'll probably download the album when it comes out.

Posted by Klarth

"The Pittsburgh Syndrome" leaked:
[code]http://www.mediafire.com/?8nqe9stnind[/code]
It sounds like a song from The Chainheart Machine. hey richaod call it formulaic again and i'll kick your ***

Posted by mitchrlamb

Quoting netman: "The Pittsburgh Syndrome" leaked:
It sounds like a song from The Chainheart Machine. hey richaod call it formulaic again and i'll kick your ***

I saw that earlier and I've been trying to resist it. I'd like to listen to the album all together but it's tempting

Posted by Shade

Didn't like it as much as "Exile".

Posted by Klarth

The chorus is fab. I just wish it was longer.