Location of Bowser's Castle in SMB

Posted by Proto Man

I've always wondered.... where IS Bowser when you fight him in SMB? I had assumed that the last castle was his own, but now I begin to doubt that.

According to the story in the booklet, hadn't he taken over the whole Mushroom Kingdom? So wouldn't that mean that he had taken over Toadstool's castle?

Also, if you are to compare world 8 in SMB to World 8 in SMB3 there are major differences, and yes, that's to be expected. The major one though that stands out to me is the distance of the "Dark Land" in SMB3. On the whole scheme of things SMB3 takes place in the whole Mushroom World, not JUST the Mushroom Kingdom like in SMB. Also, Dark Land in SMB3 seems to be quite the stronghold for Koopas, even moreso than in SMB. Now you could say that is due to limitations and such of the early game, but I still have to wonder.

Posted by Linko_16

Well, yeah, in Super Mario Brothers 3 you go to different worlds with expressed differences. In Super Mario Brothers one, it was all the same place with the same scenery. You probably have to go in the dungeon to fight Bowser in the castles... I mean, every good castle has a dungeon, and it'd be hard to store rivers of lava anywhere else.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Was Bowser using a clone army? How did he survive the lava river every time?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linko_16: Well, yeah, in Super Mario Brothers 3 you go to different worlds with expressed differences. In Super Mario Brothers one, it was all the same place with the same scenery. You probably have to go in the dungeon to fight Bowser in the castles... I mean, every good castle has a dungeon, and it'd be hard to store rivers of lava anywhere else.

Well yeah, I figured that much. I was thinking more on the location of the 8-8 castle. Is it his, or is world 8 indeed the capital city of the mushroom kingdom and that is the Princess' castle he has taken over.

Quoting The X: Was Bowser using a clone army? How did he survive the lava river every time?

Yes he was using a clone army. No, the clones probably didn't survive. Now that I think about it though, the final 8-8 battle would support the first theory of my other thread.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Was Bowser using a clone army? How did he survive the lava river every time?

I remember hearing that when you attack Bowser with the fire flower in the first seven castles, various other enemies like goombas and koopas are who drop into the lava upon defeat... they're actually imposters. My memory tells me that that's certainly true for most of them, but since I've never reached World 8 Bowser with the Fire Flower, I couldn't tell you if it's the actual Bowser who falls into the lava there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sorta like the imposter Peaches.

Posted by muffla

im sorry your cheap whore is in another castle

Posted by Linko_16

She can't be that cheap if he battled his way through the Koopa army to get her back. I mean, come on, kidnapping is a pretty good way to get out of having to pay her.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linko_16: My memory tells me that that's certainly true for most of them, but since I've never reached World 8 Bowser with the Fire Flower, I couldn't tell you if it's the actual Bowser who falls into the lava there.

Been there, done that. It's all true, and yes, it is the true Bowser that goes down in world 8 in the original.

Posted by Pit

It's Mario brothers 1. The budget wasn't to big, and i don't think even Miyamoto even thought about it like that.

Main purpose, fight koopas and goombas, and face bowser. All fun simple fun. The game came out, in what, 86 or whatever, things were so much simpler back then. Stop thinking so **** hard about uncontroversial topics you lame ***.