Top 5 Most Wanted Wii games...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

1. Smash Brothers Brawl
2. NiGHTS
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Dragon Blade

Dragon Blade is just about the only one I'm a little iffy about how good it's going to be, but I'm taking the chance based on how awesome it could be. The rest of them, there's almost no way I won't love 'em.

Anyway, what are your most anticipated Wii titles?

Posted by Zeta

1. Metroid Prime 3
2. SSBB
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Zack and Wiki
5. That ****ing Kirby game that was supposed to be on the GCN like two years ago.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Metroid Prime 3
3. No More Heroes
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Paper Mario

Posted by s0ul

I think this thread should lawfully ban the usage of Mario, Metroid, and Smash.

For me, it's all about the No More Heroes. And Mario, Metroid, and Smash.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Smash
Metroid
Mario
blank
blank

Posted by Fate

Only SMG. The rest I can play whenever.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul;633770]I think this thread should lawfully ban the usage of Mario, Metroid, and Smash.

For me, it's all about the No More Heroes. And Mario, Metroid, and Smash.

Heh, alright.

Zack and Wiki
No More Heroes
Wii Fit
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Fire Emblem
Batallion Wars 2

(I do actually realise this is more than 5, I'm just using it as a handy shopping list too)

Posted by WillisGreeny

1.No More Heroes
2.Metroid Prime 3
3.Smash bros.
4.DragonBlade
5.Nights

hmm, idk, maybe I could replace one game with Mario in my list.
nah, not going to.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. No More Heroes
5. ...

Posted by Colonel

Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Metriod Prime 3
Mario Kart Wii
Harvest Moon Wii

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Speedfreak:

YEAH.

I PLAYED THAT.

Anyway, all you people saying No More Heroes can either play killer7 first or go to hell.

Because they have so much in common, right? Killer7 wasn't even that great a game. Good, but not great.

Posted by Axis

1. Metroid
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Pikmin Wii

Posted by Ant

1. Smash
2. Galaxy
3. Corruption
4. No More Heroes
5. Zack and Wiki

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Because they have so much in common, right? Killer7 wasn't even that great a game. Good, but not great.

Not because they're similar, but because I like promoting killer7, and also because No More Heroes really doesn't look any good; I just feel it will be because it's suda and it seems odd that people who weren't already suda fans would be excited for No More Heroes.

Also, killer7 was awesome in every way besides gameplay, which may sound like a bad game to most, but... uh. I still love it. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul;634203]Also, killer7 was awesome in every way besides gameplay, which may sound like a bad game to most, but... uh. I still love it. :(

Never stopped anyone liking Metal Gear or Final Fantasy.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting s0ul: Also, killer7 was awesome in every way besides gameplay, which may sound like a bad game to most, but... uh. I still love it. :(

It's one of the greatest games ever made, so I have to agree with you on that one. I just hope No More Heroes will be just as messed up story wise as Killer 7 was.

Posted by Ant

haha, I wouldn't be too worried about the story being as ****ed up as them come. But the gameplay is apparently semi-sandbox style. And the fighting seems a bit more open.

Anyone who says Killer7 was a good game is flat-out wrong. As far as gameplay goes it was terrible. Woulda made an interesting independent film though.

Posted by Speedfreak

No More Heroes is the polar opposite of Killer7. The storyline is so retarded it's hilarious, and it's all about the gameplay.

Posted by Bebop

Following Souls request:

No More Heros
Wii Fit
Umbrella Chronicles
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii

Posted by s0ul

I really don't think killer7 would've flown in any other sort of medium, and it's gameplay wasn't devoid of fun. At any rate it's got enough awesome in so many other aspects that I still consider it to be my favorite game.

No More Heroes plot I don't think looks that retarded. If all the killers are adequately awesome, it should make for a really good story, and the gameplay's got mad cool potential as well.

Anyway, trying not to make this a suda thread, beside NMH and the obvious 3 I find it interesting that I'm really only looking forward to Mario Kart and Umbrella Chronicles. So much for not doing the Gamecube thing, huh?

Posted by Xero

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
-
-

Okay. As long as everyone agrees on what the secret of NMH is.

Quoted post: No More Heroes plot I don't think looks that retarded.

it involves a light sabre some kid won or bought on ebay that needs to be shaken to work. pretty **** dumb

Posted by Ant

I LOOK TO VIDEO GAMES FOR AMAZING STORYLINES.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: it involves a light sabre some kid won or bought on ebay that needs to be shaken to work. pretty **** dumb

Hey, E.T. is about a kid who just finds an alien and that's an American classic. He didn't even buy the alien on ebay!

Posted by Bebop

Or steal it like a real American

et didn't need to be shaken to glow

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Crude masturbation joke, lol.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul;634382]No More Heroes plot I don't think looks that retarded. If all the killers are adequately awesome, it should make for a really good story, and the gameplay's got mad cool potential as well.

I meant retarded in the best possible way. The storyline is silly, and I quite enjoy it. Don't expect a deep plot or anything though, it's really supposed to be about as deep as a Die Hard movie or something.

[quote=Speedfreak;634116]Heh, alright.

Zack and Wiki
No More Heroes
Wii Fit
Fire Emblem
Batallion Wars 2

(I do actually realise this is more than 5, I'm just using it as a handy shopping list too)

Okay, and I want:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. If you don't want the first official Mario and Sonic game ever then you aren't a hardcore gamer as far as I'm concerned.
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Guitar Hero 3

And I'm interested in:

Speilberg's blocks game. Providing it's cheap.
Soul Calibur Legends
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Dewy's Adventure (I'm a graphics whore, Wii normal mapping ftw)
Dragon Blade

So that's 12 games I'd like to get with 5 games im interested in with just about every genre covered. I'm actually surprised. From what I've seen the system easily meets a broader range of audiences than the other two, looks like Nintendo's strategy is paying off.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;635098]Okay, and I want:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. If you don't want the first official Mario and Sonic game ever then you aren't a hardcore gamer as far as I'm concerned.

Don't start that bull**** again.

Posted by Speedfreak

Seriously, if you started playing videogames halfway through PS1s life then your opinion is entirely irrelevent. This game is like closure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;635107]Seriously, if you started playing videogames halfway through PS1s life then your opinion is entirely irrelevent. This game is like closure.
Speedfreak: Deciding who or not can have opinions since 2002.

seriously, since when does it matter how long you've been gaming?

Posted by Fate

Spoilers: The game is made from an outsourced staff. I'm not going anywhere near that game. *oscar*

Plus, it's an Olympics game, not a full-fledged epic story with the two of them actively involved. Pass.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=The X;635109]Speedfreak: Deciding who or not can have opinions since 2002.

The X: A source of originality since.....

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Bebop;635113]The X: A source of originality since.....

I might be unoriginal, but at least I don't deal in op... FACTS

Quoted post: This game is like closure.

No it isn't. It's a ****ty olympic game just like all the old track games we used to play as kids. Except this time it has sonic and mario and instead of tapping a and b you get to shake a ****ing remote. SOUNDS FUN TO ME!

Oh, and outsource lulz

Posted by Axis

Quoting Speedfreak: Seriously, if you started playing videogames halfway through PS1s life then your opinion is entirely irrelevent. This game is like closure.

What?! I can't believe you just said this, my opinion is tha-

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/RideTheLightning315/easpeedfreak.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by s0ul

Quoting The X: Speedfreak: Deciding who or not can have opinions since 2002.

seriously, since when does it matter how long you've been gaming?

Well in a game about Mario and Sonic together, someone who doesn't know about Sega vs. Nintendo isn't really in a position to say that it's not significant. They are, however, certainly in a position to say it looks terrible. Because it does. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

S[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it, I know it's gonna be some random track and field game. I'm just saying you won't fully grasp the significance of it unless you were gaming during the whole Sega/Nintendo war. The PR battles were way more fierce than they have been in recent years, Sonic and Mario were mortal enemies.

You guys are f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking hypocrits when it comes to hyperbole. It never ceases to amaze me how seriously you take half the s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it I come out with. At least my sweeping statements are obviously bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it.

Yes, okay, in all f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking seriousness I think a crappy olympics game is the best game ever because it has Sonic and Mario in it, and anyone who disagrees with me is automatically wrong. You f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking morons.

EDIT: I deleted your three posts. Before you get your panties in a bunch I asked other mods about it, you were clearly spamming. Now stay on topic from this post onwards.

Posted by Iris

Haven't gotten a Wii yet, but going to in a few days.

-Wii Sports
-Twilight Princess
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl
-Tales of Symphonia 2

Posted by Xenos

Man, I really, really, really want to buy a wii just to play Twilight Princess.

Quoted post: -Tales of Symphonia 2

Oh yeah, Knights of Ratawhatever. Do want.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I wasn't about to try spelling that last part.

WarioWare Smooth Moves looks good too.

It's not really. It was decent when it came out and the console was new... now not so much. In fact, it's easily the worst WarioWare.

Posted by Ant

ant disagrees.

It's probably the funnest of the bunch :/

No way =/ Maybe better than twisted, but the most fun? Far, far from it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Out of the first one, the DS game and the Wii game I'd say it's the best. Can't really go wrong with it if WarioWare is your thing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Twisted was by far the gem of the series, followed by the original.

[quote=Axis] This message has been deleted by [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=69"]Speedfreak[/URL]. Reason: OPINION DENIED.

You gotta be joking.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;635994]You gotta be joking.

By jove I think he's got it! I do actually have a sense of humour, you know. Look one up, looks like you need one.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh yeah, Knights of Ratawhatever. Do want.

Ratatosk, a squirrel in Norse Mythology that lived on Yggdrasil.

And holy **** it took me ****ing forever to identify Speedy without his Terranigma avatar. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'll probably get a Wii around/after christmas, so:

Twilight Princess
Wii Sports
Super Mario Galaxy
Dragon Blade
Harvest Moon

Posted by Speedfreak

There's still Nintendo's Japan event later this year for them to announce more games, too.

Posted by maian

I forgot how many games I want for this. :(

1. SSBB
2. Twilight Princess
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. SSX Blur?

I don't know if I should buy TP or SPM first. :( Then again, by the time I get money for a game MP3 might be out, so it'll probably be that.

TP then SPM. I personally enjoyed the former a lot more than the latter, though SPM isn't without its charm. And Blur wasn't all that great in my opinion...

Posted by Speedfreak

If you get Blur be prepared for a longer learning curve than you're used to. Apparantly once it clicks it's great, though.

Posted by Iris

Ah, SPM. I forgot about that. I may get that eventually too.

Posted by maian

I wouldn't want Blur, but every SSX game I've gotten has addicted me. SSX3 is still a game that, when I'm bored of all my games, I can normally play. As for SPM and TP, idk. TP would be a lot more appetizing now if I hadn't played the GC one through three times already. >_> I have heard it's harder, though. Is this true? I imagine the new control scheme would make it a little more difficult? TP is so blasted easy it's laughable. :(

Posted by keyartist

The only game I even think I know of is twilight Princess

Quoted post: I have heard it's harder, though. Is this true? I imagine the new control scheme would make it a little more difficult?

... no. It makes it easier if you ask me.

Posted by maian

Darn. I got my hopes up, but it turns out my source really was just a crappy Zelda player that can't deal with motion controls. =/

Well, if you're looking for the 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game that sucks the least thus far this generation...or most of last gen...then Sonic and the Secret Rings is that game. The Wiimote controls aren't bad after you get the hang of them, and it's kind of satisfying finishing some of those missions.

Posted by protomanv4

1SSBB
2.Super Mario Glaxey
3.Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (its been set for northamerica only so far http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto:_Clash_of_Ninja_%28series%29#Naruto:_Clash_of_Ninja_Revolution
4.The AnimalCrossing Game
5.not sure about a fifth one

Quoted post: Well, if you're looking for the 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game that sucks the least thus far this generation...or most of last gen...then Sonic and the Secret Rings is that game. The Wiimote controls aren't bad after you get the hang of them, and it's kind of satisfying finishing some of those missions.

That was disappointing... for some reason I got my hopes up =/ But hey, at least it's better than that PS360 game...

Posted by Big Boss

I remember when people were fiercely divided between Mario and Sonic, and I can't imagine a single person today still caring. Not only did Sega drive Sonic into mediocre territory where its best console game in recent memory is just a decent game, it's been too ****ing long since Sega and Nintendo were rivals.

Anyway, Wii games I REALLY want to play:

Super Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
KNiGHTS

Sorry, can't get to 5 yet.

Kniggets?

Posted by Hochiminh

In no particular order:

Madden 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Sadness

Posted by Hyper

No order.

Brawl
Sadness
Disaster
No More Heroes
Wii Zelda

I still haven't bought TP yet but it's on my "to buy" list.